Ghostery - ad blocking freeware for online security!

• Thread starter fractal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
fractal

fractal

I'm not shilling for any company, just recommending for everyone's online privacy to use this free software that I discovered last week. It is called Ghostery (www.ghostery.com) and it is a very unassuming, small file sized download that prevents advertising trackers and cookies from following you around online basically.

All you see after installing it is a tiny icon in your top right browser window edge with a small number next to it that tells you how many different advertising trackers you are currently being shielded from.

The reason Ghostery kicks ass is because it is free and because you will notice right away, a nearly 100% total reduction in the amount of pop-up ads, redirected internet sites, advertising analysis scripts and annoying LOUD audio adverts that you can never find on the browser to shut off! Those are the WORST!

No more pop-up ads, no more internet sites redirecting you to an ad site that you cannot back out of, no more loud ads coming on that are hidden so they just keep making you want to donkey-punch the ukranian spammers that flood the internet with ad spam. Best of all, you leave no trace to be analyzed by companies. Ever do a google search or an ebay search for a certain product, and then on every internet page you visit afterwards you coincidentally get ads targeted about those exact products? The trackers that compile this information will be blocked so you are not benefiting the corporate advertising agencies who like parasitic pilot fish rush in to gather your "net surfing debris" and analyze it to determine how to more effectively sell you shit you do not need!

http://www.ghostery.com/

fractal

fractal

Do, please check it out! I am amazed now at how many ads and popups I USED to get. In the upper right corner of your browser ghostery has a little icon and a number showing how many ad trackers it is currently blocking. Right now it says 1, sometimes as many as 18 ! There is no reason why your privacy should be up for grabs while online. Marketing and advertising, as careers, are lower than truck stop whores and should be treated as such. Deny them your information!

Organica

Organica

Nah best online security is tor. The only reason silk road dude got busted was cause of a hotmail acct.

Top Bottom