Gifted Late 60s Through Late 70s Bagseed - What Should I Expect?

• Thread starter hyzerflip
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
hyzerflip

hyzerflip

An old-timer head from around the way just gifted me about 40 beans he'd collected from the best of the best that he saw from the late 60s through the late 70s. They're unlabeled and all mixed together so I don't know what any of them are but he assures me he only saved seeds from the cream of the crop. The way I understand it, most herb in those days was imported outdoor landrace-ish sativa from a handful of (sub)tropical cannabis hot-spots. Assuming I can get any to germinate, what do you think I should I expect? Think they'll be worth the time and space to pop 'em?

suomynona

suomynona

If you have the spqce and time, i say do it. If you dont have the space and time then consider gifting them to someone who can do their best with them. Like Billyboat said, could be some real gold.

Chances are good that most wont germinate but they might. Salicylic acid helps old seeds germinate in case you didnt know.

Good luck!

E

E.T.

i'd expect almost none of them to pop....lol
...you'll have some very rare gems in the ones that do. selection will be crucial...
the best advice i can give you is to get some ga3 to help assist the germination.
i wouldn't use a concentration higher then 250ppm, or you risk excessive elongation of the seedling.
i've had good results with 25+yr old seeds soaking in a 250ppm solution for 24hrs.
here's where i get mine...
http://www.jlhudsonseeds.net/GibberellicAcid.htm#Kits and Supplies
best of luck

zeke

zeke

I've heard Axiom is a good seed treatment. Never tried that application though. I'd ask yer seed donating elder what origin stories he or she can remember. Then once you've got a few up and finished have them look, smell and taste. Some old bells might ring inside their heads and they might say "Columbian Gold" or something like that. Don't kill anything that comes up. Try to put like with like if you find males and females that appear similar. You have been blessed bro. Could turn out to be the next gg4....

indonesia

indonesia

almost 50 years of questionable storage sounds like. awesome if any germed tho. those old school genes would be good for the belt

zeke

zeke

Gorilla Glue #4. The latest greatest hippest cup winning shizzle. I meant you just might find the next greatest strain.

mojavegreen

mojavegreen

oh...well if it aint platinum purple og kush, crossed with gold girl scout cookies...then what good could it be?;)

mr roboto

mr roboto

An old-timer head from around the way just gifted me about 40 beans he'd collected from the best of the best that he saw from the late 60s through the late 70s. They're unlabeled and all mixed together so I don't know what any of them are but he assures me he only saved seeds from the cream of the crop. The way I understand it, most herb in those days was imported outdoor landrace-ish sativa from a handful of (sub)tropical cannabis hot-spots. Assuming I can get any to germinate, what do you think I should I expect? Think they'll be worth the time and space to pop 'em?
I bet those seeds are gonna be some uber dank ,blast from the past buds!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom