Gipsy Haze Help

• Thread starter Vesti Bule
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Vesti Bule

Vesti Bule

So, got a gal (actually 2, but issues are identical as is treatment and environment to date). First coco grow, so still dialing in to the new frame of thinking.

Growing in 10gal coco with Fox Farms General Purpose Dry Organic ferts and since 12/12 (approx 2 weeks) amended with FF Fruit and Flower.

CalMag added.

pH upper 5's.

Known Issues:

Fungus Gnats, but under control at present (Mosquito Bites seem pretty effective).

Lightness in color is at least partially light burn.

Symptoms I can't diagnose, particularly in combination:

Major canoeing of leaves, not exclusively but disproportionately upper foliage.

Burnt tips.

An overall failure to thrive.

Notes:
A total of 5 strains currently in a 3x4+ closet under two led's (Electric Sky ES180 X2).

All same age, in the identical environment as both GH's, and quite robust, but not displaying the same symptoms, or if so in a minor/negligible way. One difference is that others are in 5gal, not 10.

Gipsy haze help
Gipsy haze help 2
Gipsy haze help 3
Gipsy haze help 4
Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

Hey Vesti, how long did you have these plants before putting in flower? Did you repot them when you brought them home? Did you quarantine them a couple weeks? It looks like you have mite problems. Their poison is vicious, even new growth doesn't take long to look the same as the old, burnt tips as soon as it starts to grow.

Vesti Bule

Vesti Bule

Hey Vesti, how long did you have these plants before putting in flower? Did you repot them when you brought them home? Did you quarantine them a couple weeks? It looks like you have mite problems. Their poison is vicious, even new growth doesn't take long to look the same as the old, burnt tips as soon as it starts to grow.
Hi Hidd - thanks for the input.

I grew from seed, vegged for about a month, they've been under 12/12 for two weeks. Could the fungus gnats/larvae be the issue?

I've considered just getting them out of the garden just to be safe; I have a couple more seeds to fall back on, so it would be a setback rather than a total loss. What do you think?

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

IMHO its not worth the time to flower it out, that's 8-9 weeks and it already looks like it wont make it. If you do not want to do that, at least pull it out and repot it with fresh soil (whatever medium you use) and let it settle in a couple weeks and watch the new growth starting in the second week to see if it is starting to get healthy, if by the end of week 3 it still looks the same I would cull it if i have more seeds. No way that stays in my flower tent till I am 100 sure it isn't a mite other bug issue. Do you have a micro scope you can use to check?

I had plants do the same thing from a bad bag of soil I had bought. Gnats was the first clue I had something was wrong, never had any in my garden before. After culling the plants and tossing the soil and getting all new soil from different company, I haven't had any problems since.

Vesti Bule

Vesti Bule

Yea, that is my leaning as well and I think I needed the push. Unfortunately I don't have a separate (discrete) place to continue diagnosing these so it basically means just taking them down now - the upside is that I do have a couple more seeds, as well as a couple of small clones taken before any of these symptoms showed up.

Live and learn, to use a cliche...

Thanks again!

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

Yea, that is my leaning as well and I think I needed the push. Unfortunately I don't have a separate (discrete) place to continue diagnosing these so it basically means just taking them down now - the upside is that I do have a couple more seeds, as well as a couple of small clones taken before any of these symptoms showed up.

Live and learn, to use a cliche...

Thanks again!
No worries you already knew what to do. Do not forget about the medium you use. You may want new stuff just to be safe.

Top Bottom