Girl Scout Cookie Extreme for first timer

• Thread starter WookyWooky
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

WookyWooky

First time growing.
4x4 indoor grow in 12 quart fox farm ocean with 12 cups of perlite and 2 tablespoons of dolomite lime in 7 gal fabric pots. Seeds have popped and are growing under a BP3000 at around 100 PPFD. Temp is around 72 and humidity is around 60.
I appreciate all the info on this site and would love any tips during my grow.

Girl scout cookie extreme for first timer
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Thanks!
ILGM photo
PPFD @ 140
Running lights 24hr for now. Watering with tap @ pH 6.7
Plan on topping then scrog
Anyone use the DLI off the photon app for light intensity? Just wondering because I plan on using it to slowly increase lighting intensity throughout grow.
View attachment 1322427
Hey welcome to the Farm,,,,my only comment on your grow so far is the 24 hrs light thing.....unless you need lights on to keep your temps up I suggest going back to 18 hrs light....I used used to go 24hrs as well but over the year I've had better over all health with less problems later on when I keep at 18 until I go to 12'12........I'm not the guy to explain it all out but something to do with root growth during dark period....

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Hey welcome to the Farm,,,,my only comment on your grow so far is the 24 hrs light thing.....unless you need lights on to keep your temps up I suggest going back to 18 hrs light....I used used to go 24hrs as well but over the year I've had better over all health with less problems later on when I keep at 18 until I go to 12'12........I'm not the guy to explain it all out but something to do with root growth during dark period....
Same. I used to think "all light, all growth, 24hrs". But after a while, you'll see it doesn't matter, even if you just do it to save 6 hrs of electricity a day......or go 20/4. Time also grows plants. Yeah, there's a little stretching at night, but it's not like nothing happens at all when it's dark. 6 hours are passing. The plants are getting 6 hours older.

W

WookyWooky

I was thinking of letting her eat until she had a couple of leave sets then going to a 20/4. Hopefully I’ll be changing it up in a few days

Johnlandy420

Johnlandy420

Supporter
I have grown this exact strain. Not heat loving so careful on any heat spikes above 85. She also required more cal mag than any other plant I’ve grown.. I’ll try and find my notes on volumes (did two grows and 2nd was exponentially better).

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Thanks!
ILGM photo
PPFD @ 140
Running lights 24hr for now. Watering with tap @ pH 6.7
Plan on topping then scrog
Anyone use the DLI off the photon app for light intensity? Just wondering because I plan on using it to slowly increase lighting intensity throughout grow.
View attachment 1322427
Yes I do. Take it with a grain of salt it’s not 100%. I use it to get close to where I want then leave the lights there for a few hours and see how the plants react if they start shying away you’ll know it’s too high. I increase just 4-5% at a time and let it go the rest of that day and look at them a few hours into light on the next day if no drooping or shying I’ll bump up another 5% if they start to shy I back it back down and wait 2-3 days and try again

W

WookyWooky

Yes I do. Take it with a grain of salt it’s not 100%. I use it to get close to where I want then leave the lights there for a few hours and see how the plants react if they start shying away you’ll know it’s too high. I increase just 4-5% at a time and let it go the rest of that day and look at them a few hours into light on the next day if no drooping or shying I’ll bump up another 5% if they start to shy I back it back down and wait 2-3 days and try again
That’s what I’m looking to do too.

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Same. I used to think "all light, all growth, 24hrs". But after a while, you'll see it doesn't matter, even if you just do it to save 6 hrs of electricity a day......or go 20/4. Time also grows plants. Yeah, there's a little stretching at night, but it's not like nothing happens at all when it's dark. 6 hours are passing. The plants are getting 6 hours older.

Here’s a week long time lapse back the week leading up to New Years*, plants do a … ton at night
Sorry I had to screen record it from my YouTube upload it won’t let me insert the video as a video only as a link… and I hate forcing people to click links so… this’ll do 😁

Also sorry the camera turned on the last day haha I didn’t even notice if, it’s base came loose and turned haha

W

WookyWooky

Here’s a week long time lapse back the week leading up to New Years*, plants do a … ton at night
Sorry I had to screen record it from my YouTube upload it won’t let me insert the video as a video only as a link… and I hate forcing people to click links so… this’ll do 😁

Also sorry the camera turned on the last day haha I didn’t even notice if, it’s base came loose and turned haha

View attachment 1322464
Nice!! It’s crazy how the leaves react to the lights!!

W

WookyWooky

Quick update. Got the ladies in solo cups. Turned the lights up to 230 PPFD at the leaves, I’m trying to slow their stretching Switched the light schedule to 18/6. I’ll give um some more water in the morning.
4EE7CD0B B9A2 4BDB AC68 9C88F67BA665

W

WookyWooky

E118BA01 751D 4013 80FB EA2025CA5F96
Morning pot peeps 😎. Ladies are putting on their second set of leaves. I’m seeing a little leaf tip curling and drooping. I turned downed the light light to 200 ppfd to help with the drooping. Y’all think the curling has to do with the FFOF? I watered two days ago and they’re still a little heavy so I’ll wait a couple of days. The one in the back has a purple stem and from what I’ve read it might be to light stress so hopefully it will straighten itself out. Day temps are around 77 with 60% humidity and night temps are around 70 with 50%. Thanks for checking in and for any advice.

DB1F01E6 6AE0 45B9 8BD5 55A9E3E49D6C
5906D835 036E 457D A31E FCBE45BC0DF2
Toohighmyguy

Toohighmyguy

Won't criticize or be a keyboard warrior. Give love get love. One in the same. Always got to give love to someone that can document so meticulously. Me myself do strictly hands on. So get down with the get down. Props to, one love

W

WookyWooky

Looking for some advice. My flower tent is a 5x4 with a bp4000. Would y’all try running all five of these GSC’s? If so would a single topping then a fim after everything catches up be a good route to take. Thanks

Latest posts

Top Bottom