Girl Scout Cookies Is Nothing But Hype

• Thread starter Minitiger
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Minitiger

Minitiger

Yep. I said it. I dunno how this strain got so popular, but it's just okay. And I know multiple heads who feel the same way. Nothing to write home about. I've smoked probably four dozen different batches of this from who knows how many growers, but it's always the same: smells like an empty box of "Thin Mints" smells (I dunno about you, but stale minty cardboard ain't what I'm looking for in my meds), tastes a little bit better and the high is just, like, whatever.... It does nothing for me, except motivate me to smoke something good.

I've tried and tried to figure out what it is that people think is so great about it, but for me, there's nothing there. Believe me, I wanted to find out what all the hype was about, I wanted to love it, but it just seems like another example of someone somehow hyping a strain that isn't really all that great. And I'm not even knocking the breeders, because I looooooove Cherry Pie. I'd take that over GSC every time. Cherry Pie has it all: looks, unbelievable nose, tastes fucking ridiculous and a really kick-ass high, too. And compare GSC to really stellar strains like Sour Diesel, Goji, Mango Haze, Skywalker OG (or Larry and Tahoe), SSH, Stevie Wonder (which is my current "favorite strain"). Go back even further to Neville's Haze or a real Chem or Power Plant or Durban Poison or whatever... GSC is absolutely forgettable. The only reason I even remember it is because everybody keeps talking about it and it's in every dispensary in California. I still look at the jars, thinking,"Maybe this'll be the time...." and I still go,"Eh... Can I take a look at that Ancient OG, please?"

Just wanted to speak my mind. GSC is an average strain, at best. Been wanting to talk about this for a while and I'm sure there'll be plenty of hating. If someone can enlighten me and tell me why it's so great, I'm all ears. But after hundreds of bowls/j's of this, I'm just like,"Ok, now let's smoke something good...."

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

Yep. I said it. I dunno how this strain got so popular, but it's just okay. And I know multiple heads who feel the same way. Nothing to write home about. I've smoked probably four dozen different batches of this from who knows how many growers, but it's always the same: smells like an empty box of "Thin Mints" smells (I dunno about you, but stale minty cardboard ain't what I'm looking for in my meds), tastes a little bit better and the high is just, like, whatever.... It does nothing for me, except motivate me to smoke something good.

I've tried and tried to figure out what it is that people think is so great about it, but for me, there's nothing there. Believe me, I wanted to find out what all the hype was about, I wanted to love it, but it just seems like another example of someone somehow hyping a strain that isn't really all that great. And I'm not even knocking the breeders, because I looooooove Cherry Pie. I'd take that over GSC every time. Cherry Pie has it all: looks, unbelievable nose, tastes fucking ridiculous and a really kick-ass high, too. And compare GSC to really stellar strains like Sour Diesel, Goji, Mango Haze, Skywalker OG (or Larry and Tahoe), SSH, Stevie Wonder (which is my current "favorite strain"). Go back even further to Neville's Haze or a real Chem or Power Plant or Durban Poison or whatever... GSC is absolutely forgettable. The only reason I even remember it is because everybody keeps talking about it and it's in every dispensary in California. I still look at the jars, thinking,"Maybe this'll be the time...." and I still go,"Eh... Can I take a look at that Ancient OG, please?"

Just wanted to speak my mind. GSC is an average strain, at best. Been wanting to talk about this for a while and I'm sure there'll be plenty of hating. If someone can enlighten me and tell me why it's so great, I'm all ears. But after hundreds of bowls/j's of this, I'm just like,"Ok, now let's smoke something good...."
I kind of agree with you on the cookies. I think it's great pot but it's the name and bag appeal that sells it. Most heavy smoking long time growers I know prefer the good chems, diesels myself included. I grow the cookies and a lot of other stuff as well but I'm not a huge fan. The main thing I like about hyped strains is that the general pot smoking community gobbles them up for me. Cookies is a great plant for a grower looking to move herb

symbiote420

symbiote420

Never really been a fan of the Cookies either, I started a thread over on IC a few years ago that started a real shitstorm lol to this day I've only tried one sample that rocked my boat and that was from my pal @leafdoctor1.

I will say this in the defense of a lot of strains and/or crosses though, they're only as good as the grower's skills, everybody and their momma is growing mj now some are in it for the right reasons and some in it for others. Truth is there's just a lot of crappy ass pot growers out here growing cuts they shouldn't be, their skill levels are not ready for OG or Chem yet just because it's the flavor of the month and they have to have it. People have to crawl before they walk but in this world of instant gratification all bets are off..... I'm not even gonna touch on the way fake me out cuts get renamed and passed around, then you're dealing with a clone that has been making the rounds before getting into your hands so it may be full of disease and viruses or worse.

Minitiger

Minitiger

Never really been a fan of the Cookies either, I started a thread over on IC a few years ago that started a real shitstorm lol to this day I've only tried one sample that rocked my boat and that was from my pal @leafdoctor1.

I will say this in the defense of a lot of strains and/or crosses though, they're only as good as the grower's skills, everybody and their momma is growing mj now some are in it for the right reasons and some in it for others. Truth is there's just a lot of crappy ass pot growers out here growing cuts they shouldn't be, their skill levels are not ready for OG or Chem yet just because it's the flavor of the month and they have to have it. People have to crawl before they walk but in this world of instant gratification all bets are off..... I'm not even gonna touch on the way fake me out cuts get renamed and passed around, then you're dealing with a clone that has been making the rounds before getting into your hands so it may be full of disease and viruses or worse.

Yeah, I kind of took a minute and thought,"Do you really want to start this thread...?" haha. I figured it might rub some people the wrong way, but I'm really not trying to start anything here. I love the farm hahaha!!! But after seeing sooooo many GSC hybrids lately, I kind of wanted to speak up. And who knows? Maybe those hybrids are fire.

I definitely feel you on the "grower's skills" aspect, which is why I've tried so many different versions from a bunch of different dispensaries. I got one once that tasted really good, but the high was still just,"Meh..." Believe me when I say I WANT to love this strain and understand what people love about it. I just don't. Understand it, that it is haha.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Your trying samples from dispensaries that your not happy with so you think you don't like gsc? Lol
I never play into strain hype because If any strains not grown right it will suck.
The dispensaries stopped serving me long time ago because I kept returning the weed with complaints lol.

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

Your trying samples from dispensaries that your not happy with so you think you don't like gsc? Lol
I never play into strain hype because If any strains not grown right it will suck.
The dispensaries stopped serving me long time ago because I kept returning the weed with complaints lol.
I've never bought anything from dispensaries my dealings with them are a one way street. The cookies I've had come from fellow farmers that knock it out of the park. It's good possibly the best bag appeal out of any strains I've grown but I can list at least a dozen other strains I prefer smoking.

symbiote420

symbiote420

Certain strains just don't agree with certain folks brain chemistry, 2 of my bros if they smoke on a sativa their day is fucked.... headaches, etc. has them feeling miserable.

I do think outta all the cookie cuts the Forum probably is the best one, I've had it and the GG#4 but gave em both up before giving them a twirl myself, because of the hype they do make good trade bait though.

F

friend

Well, I live in Cali, so.... Haha! Really wanna emphasize that I'm not trying to start anything here, just wanted to see what other people thought.
Hi bro, if you live in Cali ? Why don't you grow
You're own ?
I have grown Both Cp and Gsc ,Cp is what my
Nana calls weak sauce ! To compare SD and Gsc,
i don't know ? Sativa vs hybrid vs indica, indoor or out
Professional closet hackers or master grower, life is what
You put in to it !
I am not saying you live in shack, in the orville foothills and
Deal with fake cuts and outdoor schwag that gets sent out of
State, what i am saying is Grow you're own....:happy:

sixstring

sixstring

Certain strains just don't agree with certain folks brain chemistry, 2 of my bros if they smoke on a sativa their day is fucked.... headaches, etc. has them feeling miserable.

I do think outta all the cookie cuts the Forum probably is the best one, I've had it and the GG#4 but gave em both up before giving them a twirl myself, because of the hype they do make good trade bait though.

I was gunna comment on this.weed def has dif effects on dif people.i dont care for gsc at all.but 90% of my people picked it over everything else i had in stock.idk if it was the buzz or just from hype.

Minitiger

Minitiger

Hi bro, if you live in Cali ? Why don't you grow
You're own ?
I have grown Both Cp and Gsc ,Cp is what my
Nana calls weak sauce ! To compare SD and Gsc,
i don't know ? Sativa vs hybrid vs indica, indoor or out
Professional closet hackers or master grower, life is what
You put in to it !
I am not saying you live in shack, in the orville foothills and
Deal with fake cuts and outdoor schwag that gets sent out of
State, what i am saying is Grow you're own....:happy:

Hmmm... Maybe I will.... One day... Haha.

First grow. And for the very reason that a couple people have mentioned: I'm tired of the hydroponically grown garbage weed that most dispensaries are offering (maybe they didn't put it exactly like that, but you know...). I want good clean meds. And I just like growing things, too. I was gonna start a grow report here actually, but I haven't really had the time lately to do all that. Work's slowed down a bit, so maybe I will.

Sorry for the shitty picture quality, too. I took some individual plant pics last night with a better camera so I could post them in a Bodhi thread here, just waiting for my girl to show me how to do that haha. I know nothing about computers. Or cameras haha.

Top Bottom