Girls are sick need advice :(

• Thread starter GreenfingeredGoblin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

GreenfingeredGoblin

Hey guys need some advice, getting super frustrated with this grow and not sure what to do.

So I noticed what I thought was a phosphorus deficiency on lower fan leaves a few days ago so decided to up my ec to 0.9-1.0 (first pictures)

I got slight nute burn so I figured that maybe something was up with the ph in the root zone and they werent feeding correctly so I flushed them and re-adjusted e.c lower..

Fast forward a few days and deficiencies seem to have gotten worse so I checked a grow journal of what I was feeding my plants at this stage in an earlier grow and figured the e.c might be too low. Decided to try 1.1 ec yesterday and now they are still burnt and leaves are twisting?

The weird thing is run off e.c is super low... doesnt this imply that they are not getting enough of a feeding? My run off e.c hasn't been higher than 0.5 but everytime I give a feed it looks like the burn is worse.

Plants are basically not growing and slightly yellow with deficiency showing on multiple plants now :( they arent happy with something and I cant figure it out.

Any advice appreciated, cheers :)

Light: 600w HPS
Distance from light:50cm
Daytime temp max: 27c
Night time: 18c
Humidity: 50%
Medium: 70/30 coco mix 11 ltr sqaure plastic pots
Strain: fastbudz gorilla cookies auto.
PH: 6.2
EC.1.1
1.2 meter tent
Water schedule: 1.5 ltr at lights on
Nutes: coco a+b

pictures are in chronological order starting from the 28 fed to the 4th March

Plants are yellow, nute burned and not growing with multiple deficiencies showing :(
Girls are sick need advice
Girls are sick need advice 2
Girls are sick need advice 3
Girls are sick need advice 4
Girls are sick need advice 5
Girls are sick need advice 6

G

GreenfingeredGoblin

whole plant pictures?
I could of sworn I took full photos when I took these but guess not 😂

Its currently night time for them now but i will snap a few in a few hours and hopefully you'll see them...

Do you have any ideas on what deficiencies they are showing and what situation could be leading to the low run off ec but also burning? Or have I really messed these up good and proper 😂

G

GreenfingeredGoblin

Overwatered and calcium deficiency
Is it easy to overwater in coco? I thought it just drains out?

I went from 1 litre to 1.5 thinking I didnt have enough run off....

I'm going back to NFT after this, coco and autoflowers are too much hassle 😂

Choppr

Choppr

Leaves look clawed to me...lockout. And Lockout will cause many deficiencies. Water with PH'd water only for a few days. (if you were in Coco you could immediatly fix)

G

GreenfingeredGoblin

Leaves look clawed to me...lockout. And Lockout will cause many deficiencies. Water with PH'd water only for a few days. (if you were in Coco you could immediatly fix)
I have just given them calmag at 1.0 to replenish the coco and but I will try tomorow and see what happens. Thanks for the help 💪

Rev Remedy

Rev Remedy

I highly recommend a two part A & B base nute system…..House n Garden is great…..Flush a gallon of ph adjusted water per gallon of medium with their Drip Clean(1/4 mil per gallon) then 500ppm A/B nutes and those ladies will perk right up…next time 50/50 coco/perlite vs 70/30 will help drainage too…..Once you get more experience you can start with additives but for now you can use that AB regimen all thru the grow really….increasing ppm/EC as you go thru flowering and taper off last two weeks….good luck!!!

freezeland2

freezeland2

Is it easy to overwater in coco? I thought it just drains out?

I went from 1 litre to 1.5 thinking I didnt have enough run off....

I'm going back to NFT after this, coco and autoflowers are too much hassle 😂
NFT rocks if you know what you are doing.

bongsmoker421

bongsmoker421

dark green shiney leaves with curls and yellowing from the tips. another tell tale sign is the 90 degree fold at the leaf tips... looks more like nitrogen toxicity to me. cal mag might be the culprit, some cal mag have nitrogen in them. check labels.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

I have never done drip. Just nft & ebb flows.
I did ebb and flow and ended up tilting the table and running drippers. Drip is nice because the droplets push air at the same time into the medium. I then dropped the tables and used pails and put a cple airstones in each pail,I replace the stones during the grow when they start to clog,actually I dropped the drippers and ran just the line with a valve to throttle because the drippers were sensitive to clogging and got to be a pita.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

I have never done drip. Just nft & ebb flows.
For NFT I made a pipe system for each lamp with fittings and glued them ,5 plant sites per tube with 5 tubes. You can pick the entire thing up and move it however you like. They all share a common drain and recirculate. Just set the cuttings in predrilled holes and the nft does the rest. Easy to flush ,I just turn the garden hose on and wash the roots before changing solution

freezeland2

freezeland2

For NFT I made a pipe system for each lamp with fittings and glued them ,5 plant sites per tube with 5 tubes. You can pick the entire thing up and move it however you like. They all share a common drain and recirculate. Just set the cuttings in predrilled holes and the nft does the rest. Easy to flush ,I just turn the garden hose on and wash the roots before changing solution
Mine was built by American Hydroponics. 244 sites fully automated nutrient and ph up or down injection. I hated power outages or solenoid failures. Got to have spare parts. Automated don’t mean no human interaction. It was a lot of work to keep dialed in.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Mine was built by American Hydroponics. 244 sites fully automated nutrient and ph up or down injection. I hated power outages or solenoid failures. Got to have spare parts. Automated don’t mean no human interaction. It was a lot of work to keep dialed in.
When I did ebb and flow I could fit 72 - 4 in cubes on a table,I had 6 tables,6 1000W hps and flower the clones as soon as they rooted , I did it quite a few times,sea of green, but then your stuck with all the cubes after harvest to dispose of,I had to dig holes in the yard to bury them ,it was illegal at the time so I couldn't toss them without suspicion and also the price of the cubes was high and going to the store to buy them was risky so I quit using rockwool and then went NFT with no medium,just clones sitting in tubes,I would root them in perlite and then immerse the rooted cut in water to wash off the perlite.

Top Bottom