Giving Co2 A Shot, Pics, And Grow Log As We Go

• Thread starter DemonTrich
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I don't do too many grow logs, as frankly I don't have a lot of time to spare. but I figured this would help me out to see any errors that hopefully don't occur, or see how I did things, and maybe help out a few other growers.

the details:

8x12x6.75' sealed (completely sealed)
3x600 in big kahuna hoods air cooled
HUGE scrubber w/8"720cfm fan on speed controller
14k btu dual hose a/c
70 pint deheuy w/pump (new one coming, pumps not working)
blueprint bdac-2 w/fuzzy logic controller
2x 20# co2 tanks
regulator .75cfm
3x18" oscillating fans
4x 10" fans on floor pointing up
3x temp + r/h meters under each hood/plant height average 85-90* and 65% r/h all read within 1*9 or 1 r/h% of each other
my bdac2 sniffer tells a different story (86* and 75% r/h). think the sniffers wrong

co2 settings
wk 1-2 600ppm
wks 3-7 1200ppm
wks 8 600ppm
wk 9 400ppm

nutes:
technaflora recipe for success
yellow label budswel liquid guano wks 3-8
newtons apple wks 3-8

feed/water schedule
feed 100% @ 1420ppm
water bubbled tap (apple wks 3-8 only)
feed 100% @ 1420 ppm
water bubbled tap (budswel wks 3-8 only)
plants:
6x gorilla glue #4
3x CHAOS!!
2x sfv og x dmt
1x bruce banner #3
1x strawberries n cream
1x god bud
4x snake venom (viper cookies x gorilla glue) 1st run and pheno hunting

I flipped on the 20th iirc. ill post up some pics after Christmas

this is my 1st time with co2. I hope I have everything sorted out and have a super harvest.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Almost a week into this next round.

The bdac2 module is not calibrated. The rh is 10%higher than 5 other rh gauges I have in the room, and 3 are right beside the module. So waiting to hear from blueprint.

My rh is 60%, temps from 85-90*. Plants are sporting preflowers and are stretching.

20151226 195404
20151226 195320
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

today is week 3 since flip on 12/20, preflowers formed at 12/30. tonight I crank up the co2 from 600 to 1200ppm. time to give the ladies what they want, heat and plenty of co2 to get drunk and silly on. on the back wall are my 6 gorilla glues, ive removed the blocks under the pots to lower them down a bit after the stretch. she stretches 1'+ more than my other strains (which I use cinder blocks to raise the plants, as I cant raise/lower my lights). now I have an even canopy. ill post a few pics tonight when I go to my grow spot.

still waiting on homedepot to ship my new THIRD deheuy in hopes this pump works and I don't have to keep hoping the bucket isn't full when lights are off. !!!!!!!!be very cautious when buying the hiaer (sp) EM70EP 70 pint deheuy, this is my 3rd try and one which the pump feature actually works!!!!!! honestly id go with another brand. if this one shits the bed, its a GE 70 pint w/pump will be my next try, but at 85.00 more.

so far things are looking great. the added 600mh in veg really helped in getting my girls big vs my past veg cycles. prior to adding co2 and a sealed room id go 3-4 days max between water/feed days, now its every 2 days. i hit them with 100% nutes last night, now its time to start hitting them hard with the new schedule, feed 100%, water/apple (wks 3-8), feed 100%, water/budswel (wks 3-8 yellow label guano), feed 100%, ect.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

end of week 3 update

still 1200ppm co2
has a small mishap, I scooted over my a/c and the drain tube came off. about 1/4" water over half my rooms floor when I got to work last night. :( oh well, the floor needed a good mopping anyways. got that all sorted out.

growth is looking great, 95% of all the stems on the plants are almost 2x as big as they have been in the past grows. temps are 88-93* taking temps on the leaves. watering/feeding is every other day.

flowers are starting to frost up nicely.

new deheuy is finally working as it should (pumps working), filling up my 5gal bucket about 5" from top in about 15 hrs. nice 60%rh in room.

1st pic is the sfv og x dmt. one of my favorite strains, after chaos and glue.

End of week 3 2
End of week 3 1
End of week 3 3

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

Looking great bud- happy c02 is working out. I'd recommend running it 1200 through the first weeks of flower as well and putting the girls in a tad smaller- days 12-21 are the most prime days for co2 as that is when most of the cell division is happening in the flowers. Cut it out completely past week 7, no need to run @ 400 since atmospheric is around 350.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

1st go at co2. From all my research high temps (85-90*) is needed for optimal growth with co2.

under each hood (about 12") is a temp/rh gauge. each one reads 90* to 92*, when I check my leaf temps with a ir temp gun, 90% of the leaves are 88* and only a select few are hitting 90*. ill check between 20 and 30 leaves daily in the beginning, now I check them 2x weekly just to make sure things are still on track.

thanks for all the comments everyone. ALL comments are greatly appreciated, weather positive or negative. otherwise how the hell am I going to tweak my garden w/o the help from you guys who have ran co2 rooms before. :)

just from my observations (ive grown all these strains for 3+ cycles now, so I have an idea how these strains grow), imo, the co2 is like adding a weeks worth of growth (ex, actual week 5 growth looks like week 6+ growth).

another thing im wondering is the VDP for this room. my veg room is dialed in just about perfect (82* and 70% rh), flower room is 88* and 55-60% rh. im wondering if I need to kick it up 5% or if it would even matter.

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

under each hood (about 12") is a temp/rh gauge. each one reads 90* to 92*, when I check my leaf temps with a ir temp gun, 90% of the leaves are 88* and only a select few are hitting 90*. ill check between 20 and 30 leaves daily in the beginning, now I check them 2x weekly just to make sure things are still on track.

thanks for all the comments everyone. ALL comments are greatly appreciated, weather positive or negative. otherwise how the hell am I going to tweak my garden w/o the help from you guys who have ran co2 rooms before. :)

just from my observations (ive grown all these strains for 3+ cycles now, so I have an idea how these strains grow), imo, the co2 is like adding a weeks worth of growth (ex, actual week 5 growth looks like week 6+ growth).

another thing im wondering is the VDP for this room. my veg room is dialed in just about perfect (82* and 70% rh), flower room is 88* and 55-60% rh. im wondering if I need to kick it up 5% or if it would even matter.

High stats that late in flower is going to cause your leaves to keep growing, I'd imagine if you're not pruning leaves back its pretty lush in there.

I've only ever ran rh high through week 3, 80-85 @55-65%, then backing it down 5% a week til harvest, usually to around 30-40%. I do the use thing with temps, backing them down to 70-75 for flush. As I mentioned earlier I'm also scaling my co2 down at this point. Too much co2 and too high of temps too late in the cycle can definitely affect your quality IMO.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Ill be backing it down at week 7 and 8 to 600ppm. I don't normally do any plucking or lollipopping after week 2, too afraid of stressing the girls out. have you had any PM issues with low rh? from my research, PM starts about 30%rh and under. I can pretty much drop my rh to any % I like, did some testing and hit 40% when I was playing around.

what you don't see in the pics is the lower 1/3 of every plant is bare/lollipopped. I don't like lower larf garbage and would rather have the plant dedicate its time to growing the upper colas.

@We Solidarity

what are some ppm numbers you recommend?

Last edited:
Wildill

Wildill

Ill be backing it down at week 7 and 8 to 600ppm. I don't normally do any plucking or lollipopping after week 2, too afraid of stressing the girls out. have you had any PM issues with low rh? from my research, PM starts about 30%rh and under. I can pretty much drop my rh to any % I like, did some testing and hit 40% when I was playing around.

what you don't see in the pics is the lower 1/3 of every plant is bare/lollipopped. I don't like lower larf garbage and would rather have the plant dedicate its time to growing the upper colas.

@We Solidarity

what are some ppm numbers you recommend?

I beleave you have it backwards PM starts in high humidity. You want to keep your humidity low during flowering 40% would be perfect.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

thanks
ive been running 60% on the deheuy, and my 3 gauges read 60% under each hood plant level.

you mentioned earlier about raising my co2 levels to a higher % than what I was running after flip time. what do you recommend running for 8 weeks?

dexfarm

dexfarm

Nice grow you got going there Demon, subbed and eagerly awaiting the results. How are you finding the scrubber at 60% humidity, are they still working as per normal?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

When I used n to run an air exchange room (intake/exhaust fans), my rh was always between 60 and 65% in over 4 yrs of growing and never any type of mold/rot/ext. The rooms kicking around 55 to 60% as read on 3 of my rh/temp gauges I have under each hood at plant height. Everything looks to be normmal. I used to start my count at preflowers not flip time. Counting at preflowers adds 9 days to the original flip time. So in past grows this would be end of week 4, not the current end of week 5 (beginning week 6) as I'm currently keeping count of in this thread. This is why in my mind things are about a week behind of what they normally are. Hope I worded this right, I've been hit majorly with the flu the last 4 days and I'm not thinking clearly as I normally do. Shit, I don't even want to medicate, even are one of my muffins and felt nothing. Lol normally I'm happy as can be when I eat them.

I'll be dropping the rh 5%/week as the final weeks are coming up and end up at 45% in the end.

Next cycle I'm changing things up drastically.

Wks 1-3 1200 ppm
Wks 4-6 1500 ppm
Wks 7-9 400 ppm

And changing my day/night temps a bit also.

Top Bottom