Gnat in my budding plants soil should i be concerned?

• Thread starter BRetnewgrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BRetnewgrower

BRetnewgrower

I just noticed a couple days ago that I have gnats in the soil of my plant that I have outside during the day. Is that a concern for my plant? It's in budding and has prob another 3-4 weeks. I've already sprayed soil a few times with soap/oil/water mix but still there.
Any recommendations on any at home remedies of how to get rid of them if they are a concern?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
use hydrogen peroxide at 3-5% strength per gallon, pour onto soil around plant, it’ll be good for the plants roots as it adds oxygen,
meaning bigger buds and gnat larvae killed.

texasjack

texasjack

This is a poison-free alternative for the control of soil-fungus gnats, mites, aphids, moths, and other garden and hydroponic pests. This liquid may be used as a plant and area spray, added to nutrient reservoirs or used as a soil drench. For hydroponics, it is recommended to add directly to reservoirs on a regular basis as part of a plant maintenance program. Can be applied during lawn care as an area spray or added to fertilizers and applied during feeding.
  • Active ingredients: cedar oil, sodium lauryl sulfate
Go gnats

BRetnewgrower

BRetnewgrower

This is a poison-free alternative for the control of soil-fungus gnats, mites, aphids, moths, and other garden and hydroponic pests. This liquid may be used as a plant and area spray, added to nutrient reservoirs or used as a soil drench. For hydroponics, it is recommended to add directly to reservoirs on a regular basis as part of a plant maintenance program. Can be applied during lawn care as an area spray or added to fertilizers and applied during feeding.
  • Active ingredients: cedar oil, sodium lauryl sulfate
View attachment 1054462
If I'm a little tight on $
use hydrogen peroxide at 3-5% strength per gallon, pour onto soil around plant, it’ll be good for the plants roots as it adds oxygen,
meaning bigger buds and gnat larvae killed.
About how much would you recommend me add per gallon?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
If I'm a little tight on $

About how much would you recommend me add per gallon?
well it depends on the strength you have, it’s easy, usually a 3-5% strength to one gallon water, so say you have 29-30% strength h2o2 than one tenth (ish) of the mix is hydrogen peroxide per gallon..
you should google it first..

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

When your soil is dry throw a bit of de earth it is cheap organic power so your soil must be dry, leave for 72 hours flush plant check ph and that will take care of problem and add a little cal to your plant, can be bought at hardware store for 6 bucks will kill any pest with exoskeleton.

BRetnewgrower

BRetnewgrower

When your soil is dry throw a bit of de earth it is cheap organic power so your soil must be dry, leave for 72 hours flush plant check ph and that will take care of problem and add a little cal to your plant, can be bought at hardware store for 6 bucks will kill any pest with exoskeleton.
The hydrogen peroxide seemed to have worked. That plant seems healthy. It my clones I'm rly having issues with. Cant find any seeds so my clones right now are my only hope and it's just problem after problem with them two. I cant figure it out and its frustrating tf out of me. My from seed fem is doing great so I'd rather just buy new seeds but they either break the bank or from over seas smdh

Top Bottom