Go Green Doktor doom total release foggee

• Thread starter Cannabis403
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cannabis403

Cannabis403

Wondering if someone can help me out. We had a head grower use Go Green Doktor doom total release fogger in our grow rooms. He used them to combat spider mites. The problem is that it contains Pyrethrins and Piperonyl Butoxide. We are a mirco cultivator and we keep failing on the Piperonyl Butoxide part of the pesticide portion of the cannabis testing that we have to go through. We are growing in plastic trays and I’m thinking that the PBO is in the plastic which is why we keep failing tests. Does anyone know how to get PBO out of your grow room, any certain type of cleaners to get rid of it. I’m thinking it’s in our ac units, fans, trays. Instead of buying new equipment any way to clean it? Seems like doktor dooms website is down so I don’t know who to call to break this down

AKgrow

AKgrow

The compound is broken down fairly quickly. I'd say to not treat during the last two weeks and maybe supplemental UV lights will break down any residual found around the facility.

From the interwebs:

What happens to piperonyl butoxide (PBO) in the environment?
When PBO is in water exposed to sunlight, it is quickly broken down and has a half-life of 8.4 hours. It is also very short-lived in the air, with a half-life of 3.4 hours. Sunlight and soil microbes can break down PBO. In shallow soil exposed to sunlight, half-lives ranged from 1-3 days. Without sunlight, the half-life increased to 14 days. Although the half-life in soil can be affected by many factors, a typical half-life for PBO is around 13 days.

PBO does not dissolve easily in water and may be more or less mobile depending on soil type. PBO can cling to soil types with more organic material. In one study, it had low to moderate mobility in sandy loam, clay loam, and silt loam soils, but was highly mobile in sandy soil. In another study, PBO did not leach through loam soils but did leach easily in sandy soils.

When applied to foliage, very little PBO moves to other parts of plant. Up to 5% of the applied dose was found in other plant tissues after it was applied to leaves of potato and cotton. When applied to growing lettuce, about three-quarters of the PBO on leaves broke down within 10 days.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Piperonyl butoxide (PBO) is a man-made pesticide ingredient called a synergist. ... PBO is low in toxicity to humans but is often combined with other pesticides like pyrethrins or pyrethroids. PBO is practically non-toxic to birds, mammals, and bees. However, it is moderately toxic to fish.

the key word here is “low in toxicity”
This product should only be used in a empty grow room, never with live flowering plants.
Can you use it in veg?
Personally I would not use this product on any plants that are going to be consumed by humans or animals.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
U.S. EPA has classified PBO as a possible human carcinogen.

Cannabis403

Cannabis403

It was used with plants in flower and in veg, we used this stuff 3 months ago and in that time had different grows. We cleaned the rooms and trays with alcohol/warm water. After the second batch finished we tested again and still had high PBO so I’m thinking it is in the plastic and let’s go in the grow room when lights and temp are high enough.

Latest posts

Top Bottom