Going a little retarded from lack of sleep guessing about yield. Help??? Guesses???

• Thread starter muxee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

muxee

Ok. I just finished week six in flower, and I am really getting curious about yield. I am really hoping for 2.5 oz per plant, and I have 5 plants. I am running everyone under 1 400w hps, and the walls are lined with mylar emergency blankets. The size of the room is apx 5x5. I had been using more bloom through week 5, and now I am using alaska bloom food and overdrive. They are all in 5 gallon pots with FFOF soil. The strains are Romulan, God Bud, NL5, Ice and Chocolate kush. I'll post a couple pics here, but if you want a better idea of what they look like, I have a grow journal (muxees med grow take 2) Any and all guesses are appreciated. Thanks.:character0103:
romulan
Going a little retarded from lack of sleep guessing about yield  help guesses

God Bud
Going a little retarded from lack of sleep guessing about yield  help guesses 2

NL5
Going a little retarded from lack of sleep guessing about yield  help guesses 3

Ice
Going a little retarded from lack of sleep guessing about yield  help guesses 4

Chocolate Kush
Going a little retarded from lack of sleep guessing about yield  help guesses 5

Everyone tucked in their room
Going a little retarded from lack of sleep guessing about yield  help guesses 6

jansjukebox

jansjukebox

yield is strand dependant and seeing that you are running a 400wer your space is kinda large for the wattage but your buds look wonderful. I'd say that if you let them go to full maturity that you shouldn't have and problems getting a 2.5 average, I hear the romulan yiels bigger and the kush will prob yield less but it will all be kick ass!!

T

TheNman

From the looks of them, i'd say you'll get a fat half pound.... 10oz tops.

Is this you 1st grow?

I always get "misty eyed" after harvest and all my fat nugs start shrinking and shrinking.
They never weight as much as you think they will..... certain instances aside.

Just sit back, smoke a few and crop when dem crystals start-a-turning.

M

muxee

Stink! My room is actually 4x5. and I have supplimental fluro lights low on all 4 walls. Is that still too big a room for my light? I can't afford anything else right now. But hopefully someday in the future.

Thanks for the information JJ. I appreciate it. I'll keep my fingers crossed for 2.5oz now that I know I may not be dreaming the impossible. :banana:

M

muxee

Thanks Nman. 10oz will still make me dance the happy dance. This is actually my second grow. My first one was only a couple plants and they were super small and I didn't really use any nutes. Just some alaskan bloom food. I flowered them under a mh cause I didnt know any better and it was free. I was lucky enough to have another med patient gift me this bulb and it's amazing the difference it made. I appreciate the info. I am trying to not let myself daydream about having enough to swim around in but its hard to keep myself grounded at this stage of the game for me.

G

grizz

ITs damn hard to guess yield, so much depends on bud density, Don't want to hurt your feelings but I would guess around 1.5 per plant , and thats just from my past grows under simular circumstances, your pics look awsome and I hope Im wrong.

hubcap

hubcap

eye it up....

get a good idea what the fresh buds look like, weight wise...

and take away 70% of that weight.

good ballpark guesstimate on what youll pull.

M

muxee

Sweet. Even an O per plant makes me happy. It was the low end or my reasonable and realistic goal. The 12.5 was my dreamy hi end hopeful goal. Thanks for the feedback hubcap and grizz. My feelings aren't hurt. I knew I was being hopefull. I actually appreciate the reality check. It's why I asked the question. Much appreciation for the help.

G

grizz

Mux I have been wrong before, like I said it depends on how dense the buds are, you certainly have the frame work on the plants to get 2 plus oz. Hubs right on the 70 to 75 % drying weight

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
after this run man, go grab yourself a thousand watter and you'll be pulling one and half lbs. outta that 4'x5' room easily...

M

muxee

Love the guess freak.... made me smile.

Ok so one more question.... i was looking through the advertised yields on the strains I was running and hoping for 10% of what they post, and I got to wondering. Are the amounts posted on seed sites etc... supposed to be wet weight or dry? I'm a noob and I'm curious.

G

greyfx

Listen to ripz let them go longer and feed them an extra week. Also use 3 spoon fulls of sugar or some molasses asap adds some bulk.

Latest posts

Top Bottom