Going away for 5ish days, will my soil plants be okay without water while I am gone?

• Thread starter DoBetterr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DoBetterr

DoBetterr

My wife and I are going away Wednesday until Monday night, my plan is to give them a good feeding Wednesday afternoon right before we go to the airport but I am concerned about the time we will be away and the girls not getting fed during that time. We are without trustworthy friends and family anywhere remotely close to us so that is unfortunately out of the question.

I grow inside a tent with 3 GG4 autos, they are 16 days into flower now with 18/6 light cycle, RH is 55% and the temp is controlled sitting between 75 and 80 degrees.

I know blumats are an option but I would have no way to delay the water from going into the pots once I place them in said pots from my understanding.

Any thoughts are appreciated, Thanks!

DoBetterr

DoBetterr

I thought about something along those lines but I plan to feed them right before leaving for the airport on Wednesday so I would want the feeding to happen 72 hours from then at the earliest to prevent over watering.
Easiest way would be trusting someone enough to do this for me but I’m 5 states away from the closest family or friend I would trust to handle something like this for me.

Habosabin

Habosabin

You could saturate and they probably will be OK. Might be a little dryer than normal at the end.

DoBetterr

DoBetterr

You could saturate and they probably will be OK. Might be a little dryer than normal at the end.
Thats kind of what I am leaning towards. They have gone almost 5 days between feeding once before and other than droopy, they handled it just fine. I guess another less than 24 hours (assuming my flight home isn't delayed for some reason) should not do too much damage.

growsince79

growsince79

How big are the plants? Little plants will be ok. Big plants maybe not. I'd raise the light up for sure.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
get a smart plug, set a time you want it watered, then make a "mousetrap game" style situation where you turn on a fan that knocks over the container of water. maybe use string and as it winds around the fan it pulls the water over. might work better as a bottom watering.

you could set up a wicking situation.

DoBetterr

DoBetterr

They’ve got some height to them and the light is as high as it can possibly go.

1734B043 4623 4D04 B2E4 ECC4D2514004
DoBetterr

DoBetterr

get a smart plug, set a time you want it watered, then make a "mousetrap game" style situation where you turn on a fan that knocks over the container of water. maybe use string and as it winds around the fan it pulls the water over. might work better as a bottom watering.

you could set up a wicking situation.
Dude like a badass Rube Goldberg set up that finished with feeding the plants at the time I wanted it to happen? I would use that for the rest of the grow haha

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

U could get a pump and some irrigation line. Hook up the pump to a smart controller and turn it on with your phone Let it run for a bit n shut it off.

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

You could even put a little smart cam in the tent so you can see the watering. Assuming you have WiFi and want to throw money at this problem.

MICHGANDER9

MICHGANDER9

Blu
My wife and I are going away Wednesday until Monday night, my plan is to give them a good feeding Wednesday afternoon right before we go to the airport but I am concerned about the time we will be away and the girls not getting fed during that time. We are without trustworthy friends and family anywhere remotely close to us so that is unfortunately out of the question.

I grow inside a tent with 3 GG4 autos, they are 16 days into flower now with 18/6 light cycle, RH is 55% and the temp is controlled sitting between 75 and 80 degrees.

I know blumats are an option but I would have no way to delay the water from going into the pots once I place them in said pots from my understanding.

Any thoughts are appreciated, Thanks!
Blu Mats for sure I have 2 soaker hoses and carrots in my bed in the basement PERFECT!

MICHGANDER9

MICHGANDER9

Blu

Blu Mats for sure I have 2 soaker hoses and carrots in my bed in the basement PERFECT!
The carrots moniter water flow through the ceramic tip in the carrots with a valve it works on Soil pressure 80 to 120 milibars and I'd recommend the Blu Mat meter I have 2 they work BETTER than any cheap moisture meter you can get on Amazon. Here is a link www.sustainablevillage.com

Ponky

Ponky

In Promix. No wild temperature hikes. Yeah. I can go 5 days without watering. If your media holds moisture well. It will be fine. If its fast drying media. May be an issue. If you have high heat. And fast drying media. You could reduce the illuminated hours to as little as 8. Maybe use those dollar store plant watering bulbs.
Which media are you using? And how hot and humid is it? And how often are you watering now?

Top Bottom