Going Coco! Need Some Guidenance!

• Thread starter shavits
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

shavits

So I was conversing with a friend of mine about his grow and the herb he is producing and he needs help! He grows blue dream and skywalker og kush! Its very sub par in quality and harvest yield! He said he barley gets 1lb per light and its not good at all! I told him if it were my grow I would go coco and now I may be taking on the project of helping him out! So here is the deal! I recommended he use coco in some beds, say 4 x 8 or maybe 5 x 8 with Nectar for the Godz! Why NfortheG, simply because ive always been an advocate of organics! Plus ive seen some excellent results!

My goal is to bump up yields to a minimum of 1.5 lb per light and get some quality ganja! I'm thinking of doing coco with some rice hulls for drainage using the advanced Nectar schedule! Some aerated compost tea once a week and of course I have a ph pen to check ph!

a couple of questions:

How many clones per bed would you recommend? We will be using trellis for the beds!
What is the ideal ph range when using nectar for Godz nut line? Ive herd between 5.2 and 6.2 or something like that but what would be a great target number!
I was also thinking about adding amendments to the coco such as crab meal, fish bone meal, kelp meal, some castings, minerals and maybe a few others, what do you think?

I know that theres a lot of general info missing here about environment but I will post that as soon as i get a more in depth look at what he has going on! I also told him I had some beans in the vault if he wanted to try something new! I more experienced with soils and coco is something that i want to learn! Im open to any suggestions so please feel free to post comments! Thank you in advanced!

Last edited:
lollipopman

lollipopman

What lights is he using now? What is the ceiling height? What's his veg setup like?

I grow in beds, 16 vegged for 3 weeks under a t5 topped in solos I get easy 2. Some time more Depends on strain. Also I use de bulbs

S

shavits

What lights is he using now? What is the ceiling height? What's his veg setup like?

I grow in beds, 16 vegged for 3 weeks under a t5 topped in solos I get easy 2. Some time more Depends on strain. Also I use de bulbs

I will have answers to these questions hopefully soon! I know he is running in a warehouse and he is heavily invested so for him to get this sub par quality and yield is a shame! He says he has grown before but his product does not reflect this!

Power OG

Power OG

Ok so my suggestion is to use "Coco Loco" its semi amended and a really awesome medium, also NectarForTheGods line keep ph between 5.8 to 6.2 but make sure to ride that wave, meaning i start at 5.8 and go up to 6.2 gradually and then back down 5.8 to avoid lock outs. Also coco loco & nectar go very well together. With nectar also if using bloom khaos make sure you are using herculean harvest to avoid any issues.
Respect

S

shavits

Ok so my suggestion is to use "Coco Loco" its semi amended and a really awesome medium, also NectarForTheGods line keep ph between 5.8 to 6.2 but make sure to ride that wave, meaning i start at 5.8 and go up to 6.2 gradually and then back down 5.8 to avoid lock outs. Also coco loco & nectar go very well together. With nectar also if using bloom khaos make sure you are using herculean harvest to avoid any issues.
Respect

Thanks for stopping in and share advice! So you recommend Bush Doc Coco Loco! It says to water every 2-3 days with this medium! But then ive read people watering as much as 2-4 per day using coco! How often would you recommend watering with this medium? Also you said ride that wave with the ph adjustment. Should I start at 5.8 in veg and work up to 6.2 mid flower than drop back down to 5.8 finish? Can you be more specific with the "ride that wave" method! The last thing I want is a nut lock out during any stage of growth in coco so any advice to prevent this is much appreciated! By the way you grow some excellent ladies! Peace!

Also how long do you veg a clone in coco before flipping to flower? I was wanting to do a 14-18 day veg and flower for 72 days to get on a 3 month cycle and hopefully harvest 4 times a year! Thats another reason for going coco! Suggestions would be awesome!

Power OG

Power OG

Coco loco will not dry out as fast as straight coco bit will dry quicker than soil for sure. For semi amended coco its awesome stuff. Ive used both and i prefer coco loco. Works so well with the organic coco farming. Id say the wave should be ridden weekly meaning if im feeding 3 time a week each one will be increased .2 points so today 5.8, couple days 6.0, couple days 6.2, couple days 6.0, couple days 5.8 etc. Hope this helps

Power OG

Power OG

Veg time depends on what size plants you want to grow, and that usally depends on your space it also depends on strains if there stretchers or not also plays into it.

S

shavits

Coco loco will not dry out as fast as straight coco bit will dry quicker than soil for sure. For semi amended coco its awesome stuff. Ive used both and i prefer coco loco. Works so well with the organic coco farming. Id say the wave should be ridden weekly meaning if im feeding 3 time a week each one will be increased .2 points so today 5.8, couple days 6.0, couple days 6.2, couple days 6.0, couple days 5.8 etc. Hope this helps

Thank you @Power OG for the great info! I will practice this "Ride that Wave" you mention for sure! Do you use the PH up or down from Nectar? or do you use something different?

S

shavits

Veg time depends on what size plants you want to grow, and that usally depends on your space it also depends on strains if there stretchers or not also plays into it.

Thanks again for info and great things to consider! If we implement beds then Im thinking they cannot be to massive! Bet then again I could be wrong! He has a sky walker og kush clone that i want to run at least once to see if it will do any better before we decide to scrap it if its no bueno! Im sure it will be stretchy somewhat! We are looking to add some more indicas so they might require more veg time for sure!

Power OG

Power OG

I only use there ph up & down it will not hurt the bennie population. Nectar is a great line added with ful power by bio ag and slf-100 special bennies that prevent the bone meal gum ups in medium.

S

shavits

I only use there ph up & down it will not hurt the bennie population. Nectar is a great line added with ful power by bio ag and slf-100 special bennies that prevent the bone meal gum ups in medium.

Awesome thanks again! And Bio AG ful power is a great product as well ive used it in the past! Do you use it with every feeding?

IVe never herd of or seen the slf-100 but seems to be a great product for coco to insure there is not salt build up and the bennies it comes with! How often do you use this product? At what stage? Says you can use it threw out the entire life cylce!

Also do you ad any perlite, pumice or rice hulls to coco loco for better drainage/aeration? Ive read many times that good aeration in a coco environment is a must!

Any advice is much appreciated and thanks again @Power OG, peace!

Power OG

Power OG

I use 20ml per gallon of ful power, and slf 100 periodically throughout the entire life cycle.
I dnt use perlite id definitely recommend rice hulls or grow stones, i use grow stones and have had great results.

S

shavits

I use 20ml per gallon of ful power, and slf 100 periodically throughout the entire life cycle.
I dnt use perlite id definitely recommend rice hulls or grow stones, i use grow stones and have had great results.

Sweet! Can you recommend a ration of Coco Loco to rice hulls? Maybe 70:30 coco/hulls!

Also I just want to throw this out here cuz ive always been into soils! What do you think about a compost/coco/pumic or rice hulls mix?
Say 1:1:1 mix with amendments?

I have always wanted to do a malibu compost coco mix so im hoping for opinions? Any are welcomed!

S

shavits

Another thing I have read many times which I am still hazy about is the need to pre charge coco before planting in it! What exactly does this mean and do I need to precharge bush doc coco loco? Or any coco for that matter?

P

papaberrrMI

i used coco/perlite drain to wasteand pre charge just means etra calmag early on or before you transplant whatever. atleast my understanding. i switched to promix hp. they veg a lil slower but mycos and bennies seem to work better and no gnat problems. also i dont need to mixa any addatives in. while im at it ive read a couple places that coco holds more salts and has a potassium content. kinda makes sense if you look at the npk of the coco specific nutes theyre lower potassium. it could be all bullshit but i never had any problems when i pre loaded coco bricks with calmag

Latest posts

Top Bottom