Going to take the plunge and get a tent.

• Thread starter SC69
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SC69

SC69

Supporter
Hi. I had a bad week with my first outdoor crop from clones. I was supposed to have guidance but it fell through. I did everything wrong. Now I know it was wrong from day 1. I have extremely hard water. I don’t have an accurate # but it’s between 250-400 minimum. I read about the sodium from a softener and understand not to use it. What if I use potassium crystals instead? I have read that the plant likes potassium, but am I removing enough of the other crap? Is there more I’m not removing? The PH is high too. About 7.2 according to the water report for 2020 (and the strip test I did). I know there are products to help that. I still have to have an electrician over to look at my panel and make sure it can handle it. If I have to there’s room to add a dedicated circuit. I have more questions but probably best for another thread. Thank you all for listening to me ramble. ✌️

weedshoes

weedshoes

I know a reverse osmosis system would tame your hard water, but hopefully a more experienced member can offer a simpler solution. I'm in for whatever answer that may be.

SC69

SC69

Supporter
Thank you. I’ve seen that as well and it just doesn’t interest me. The wastewater, the tank capacity and time it takes to condition another tank etc. if I have to I’ll buy big sideline size coolers and take it from my sisters. haha.

SC69

SC69

Supporter
I’ve learned so much this week (too late) it was soil in grow bags. I over and underwatered I’m sure. The kid who gave them to me said just water and go, the soil is perfect (he did come and transplant 2 of them for me, forgetting I had 4). The 2 I transplanted in the soil I bought did much better even though it was a disaster). He is very knowledgeable about horticulture, I just think his knowledge of this plant is much less. I have learned to create a better medium to begin. I’m not ready today. Still more I need to know. I’ve just realized I need to learn it first. Maybe not in depth. Enough to recognize problems and seek help now that I have found all of you. So, they were already being abused and the clouds and rain we had all summer (most of July) combined with over 90% humidity and 90°+ days was the killer. I had been taking them out of rain when I knew it was coming. One night 2 weeks ago it was like a 10 hour downpour overnight as I slept. A few days later I noticed some bud rot. I had to take them because being novice I had already been among them all. Not knowing what I touched and didn’t. They’re about 3 weeks early (probably really 4 but I’ll cry🤣) I think I was able to save some. Will see if the rot has stopped as they dry I guess. It was heartbreaking and probably necessary. I’m paying attention now.

Top Bottom