Going vertical and need setup input

• Thread starter Inuit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

Inuit

Hey all farmers.

Considering changing my 24 site ebb and grow with 4x600 overheads into a vertical and need some setup input.

I know this is DD's forum and this is not going to be a DD build, but this seems to be where the most good info is about going vertical, so here we are :)

Currently the flower room is 6x6, but will be rebuilt into 8'x8-12' depending on needs.

I plan on adding two more sixers to the mix, and potentially less plants.

I also plant to continue the ebb/grow feed system using the 2g buckets that come with the system. Was considering upgrading to 3.5g if I go with 16 plants instead of 24, but need to check the finances...

Below you can see my diagrams for two scenarios.

The first is 16 plants, 4 rows of 4. The second is 24 plants, 4 rows of 6.

Currently my canopy fills up totally and thick, and I get very limited penetration down low...I would love to change that if possible, so am thinking this is the way to go.

Opinions would be much appreciated.

Be safe

I

O

OregonMeds

That plan will not beat what you can do with a flat garden because of the low number of lights. How big are you planning to grow them? Maybe a stacked vertical would do what you want, but then you wouldn't be using that grow system stacked.

B

Boots Sugarleaf

have you decided if those 600's are what you are gonna work with?

I think with three 600's in a space 8 x 12 I would run six 5 gallon buckets around each vertical bulb in a circle 12 inches from the bulb, that would be 16 plants where two of the plants will be getting light from 2 bulbs full time, i think that would all fit

I

Inuit

Hey Guys, thanks for the input.

I guess I should mention that I don't expect to get trees like dd's and others, just fatten up my lower buds and increase my yields, potentially allowing for future expansion for tree growth :)

Boots - I have all the sixers already on hand. I also have 1, 1-k, and access to ~4-5 more that I could get on loan, so that is an option, but I was thinking of doing that in a few runs and trying out dd's trees at that point, but don't want to wait until then for the benefits of going vertical.

Basically can't afford all the inputs (primarily the high priced ac's and water chiller) until later on down the road, and figured I could get a yield bump from this since I get a very thick and light blocking canopy.

Be safe and thanks

I

I

Inuit

Also, I can do this for the price of a roll of plastic, some studs, and two new bulbs, which will be in my price range.

I

B

Boots Sugarleaf

for sure, I am all about using what's on hand...have you thought about running Janus style perlite buckets, very easy and cheap and the materials are probably lying on hand already and you can get great yields it seems, I just set up a few and so far no worries at all, great veg growth, and no chiller, I freeze bottles of water for the small res I am using

I

Inuit

Got a link. Exams this week and to time to search.

Thanks

I

M

mrdizzle

make figure "8's" with the plants and drop the bulbs in the middle, you should always try to have a plant inbetween two bulbs, dont rotate them but train them towards the light

E

easypleasie

I agree with dizzle, heath robinson style :) He's been my inspiration with going vertical.

Top Bottom