Goji pupil woes

• Thread starter Seriesnuns
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seriesnuns

Seriesnuns

Free mass medical seeds. Started in hot soil. They did not respond well. Moved to a 3 gallon pot with FFOF bottom FFHF middle and seedling mix top. Using ph adjusted water. Lower leaves yellow and stems are red. Anything I can do besides water and prayers?

NHWhites

NHWhites

They look overwatered. I know with Star Pupil, they do better with a longer dry cycle. I’m. It sure about his crosses

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
FWIW, I hear a lot of new growers using Fox Farms stuff that have problems with their plants, possible/probably from too high of nutrient levels. When the soil is too hot, it interferes with the water movement in/out of the roots and can cause the plant to look like it needs water...wilted. I use Promix and don't have problems with overwatering...I don't thin it's possible as long as there are enough drain holes in the bottom. Your soil looks to be ok and doesn't seem water logged...I would cut back o feeding, especially if using Fox Farms soils. They seem to work better with well established plants. The reason I use Promix, other than not having to worry about over-watering, is that there isn't any added nutrients, so I don't have to worry about burning delicate new plants. I also keep total control of my nutrients. I have found that I don't really need all that much to have a successful grow. I add some composted manure, wood ashes, and that's it other than 20-20-20 fertilizer about every 7-10 days. Its easy, safe, and dependable.
In summary, I think your plants look OK, but maybe the soil is a little hot. I wouldn't try to flush it out at this point and I would keep the plants going as they are. The bottom leaves often yellow...especially during flowering.

Seriesnuns

Seriesnuns

Thanks for the input. I don’t feed and don’t plan to until the plant gets bigger and uses up the nutrients in the soil mix.

It’s a learning curve that’s for sure!

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Fox farm ocean forest is fine. It just needs added perlite for more drainage.

I have grown hundreds of plants in it from seed to harvest with no issues that were not my grower error.

Over watering is usually the issue. That is what your first pics look like.

Transplanting stressed young plants never goes well and they are all in one pot now. Which may crowd one or two out.

Also looks like there are dry spots and the roots may be growing into hot dry spots and they are already weak. Transplants should be fully watered in.

Overwatering is about how often not how much water. Easy to drown seedlings fragile roots.

Proper sized pots should be watered to some runoff to make sure they are saturated then let alone til the soil is pretty dry and the pot is very light.

Must learn patience to grow.

Over worry and over care is user error. Its not the soil.

In fact i have tried a few different popular mixes and nutes and they all worked fine.

And i dont get layered soil. The roots grow down as far as they can from the beginning.

Seriesnuns

Seriesnuns

Just an update. They seem to be doing great with the PH adjusted water! Just separated them and they are outside ready to grow!
6162AF37 117D 496B A2BD 0F050D47488E
FD4C5A6A 16C9 4384 864A B0DD5A2092C4
1A180A1B C836 422D 9547 5C4177084574
BEEBA349 54F5 4032 AE1F 982621270301
9C00B15B 4038 4CB1 9C51 543A4102B458

Monster762

Monster762

Females I got them in a free pack from DC seeds. I’m curious to see the phenos when they get going.
Yeah im finishing a goji pupil now. I bought the e pupil n man am i impressed. Goji is a beast and did not herm or bannana on me. Chopping in a day or so. Shes at like 68 now. Heres e pupil. The extract looks like grape jelly. Litterally.
And berry fire is all i can say. Berry flavor that actually smacks you in the face with potency. This is e pupil. Mass medical from dcse.
IMAG0802
IMAG0776

NHWhites

NHWhites

Yeah im finishing a goji pupil now. I bought the e pupil n man am i impressed. Goji is a beast and did not herm or bannana on me. Chopping in a day or so. Shes at like 68 now. Heres e pupil. The extract looks like grape jelly. Litterally.
And berry fire is all i can say. Berry flavor that actually smacks you in the face with potency. This is e pupil. Mass medical from dcse. View attachment 890630View attachment 890631

That looks delicious

Top Bottom