Gold Bud

• Thread starter Shamanfarmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Shamanfarmer

A friend of mine picked up a bunch of this weed that is golden. It looks like it may have been bleached. I've never seen anything like it. Any idea how it ended up looking like this?

Gold Weed 007
Gold Weed 010
baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Well not 100% sure but if it's indoor it could have been from light bleaching, drying it in the light, letting it dry on the plant with light on will do more than that tho..
If its outdoors I'd say it's gold cause it's aged from last year!

Is the inside gold on the calyxes n stuff? Or is it just leaves? Kinda looks more like the leaves are golden in the pics...

baba G

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Columbiain Gold?

Acapulco Gold?

Sierra gold?

Maybe ?

Venom818

Venom818

my boy had some bud like that from a fucked up grow looked exactly the same.does it smoke good if not id chuck it

S

Shamanfarmer

Calyxes, leaves and stem are gold. There are hints of green here and there. It has a fairly strong skunky smell so if it's left over from last year it was BOMB outdoor and treated very well for the last year.

joeca1i

joeca1i

looks like crappy gold.I think what gives a gold color to bud,is drying it in the sun,some bud also turns brown,when cured for a few months...

phenotyper

phenotyper

A friend left some green crack in a not quite airtight jar for over a year and it did the exact same thing.

Is there any truth behind getting this effect from leaving plants in the dark for several days before harvesting them? It sounds like a myth, but I felt like this was the right place to evaluate it. Mostly, I think they would get stressed the fuck out, but I have never attempted this technique.

GanjaGardener

GanjaGardener

What's the moisture/oil content like? Is it dry and crumbly or does it hold together?
I have a Moroccan land race that gets very orange/gold after 2-3 mos in glass.

KOcu 4 6

Ko budcu 4 6

KO cubudsdry

cannabeans

cannabeans

that was done by the sun or a light if indoor

last year my greenhouse did extremely well. i was handling the havest by myself. to make the long story short.... i left alot of "scrap" lying around in the greenhouse, (from being overwhelmed) after that plant material was completely dry and "baking" in the warm daytime temps in the greenhouse i had noticed it turned "golden" just like that original picture. i did not smoke any of it. cleaned it up threw away! i had plenty of "scrap" to make water hash. thats what i think.......

S

Shamanfarmer

Ganjagardener, It is very dry, the buds can be easily crumbled into shake, but it doesnt not tend to fall apart if you arent trying to break it up. the resin content is average, not super crystally, but good. It really appears to have been treated very well.

GanjaGardener

GanjaGardener

Ganjagardener, It is very dry, the buds can be easily crumbled into shake, but it doesnt not tend to fall apart if you arent trying to break it up. the resin content is average, not super crystally, but good. It really appears to have been treated very well.
It's interesting (revealing?) that most of the immediate assumptions suggest that there's a problem w/ the weed. Perhaps that's because 'more often than not' golden/rust colored bud indicates bad growing/curing technique??

The bud in my pics- the top picture is truer to the color @ 6-8 wk cure- the bottom cu reads a bit redder than actual, but darken the browns a little and it reads closer to the look @ 3+ mo cure.) The bud ^^ is supple, oily, sticks together when pinched. none of the characteristics described in the thread although I can see where shoddy technique would cause the probs mentioned.

I've saved a few of the Moroccan buds from the same run^^ (my own 'Ketama Orange' LR pheno, BTW) and @ 6+ mos in glass (airtight, cool, total dark) they've lost most of their olive, gotten darker-more chocolate-red, and easily crumble away from the lumber but continue to have enough resin to pinch into ball, smoke smooth as silk and, although I'm certain that the age put some buzz kill on it, I can't discern the difference.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I left some nugs in a small jar in my truck for 2 days when it was over 100 out

they look just like that but smoke fine - just a lot less flavor

also have some shit in a jar I found after 2 years - looks just like that

didnt try and smoke it though - has no smell anymore

GanjaGardener

GanjaGardener

The area I used to dry in shared space w/ a shop and I still find errant buds that dropped into a box here or there w/ at least 2 years on it (5 yrs is possible.) Same deal only I pop mine in a bowl, cross my fingers, light up and usually...wait... and then ... wait some more... and then re-pack w/ whatever is current so i can get a full on buzz. lol

Top Bottom