Golden Lion Cherry Picker And Purple Urkel Cross

• Thread starter kolah
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kolah

2015 OD greenhouse grow ready to roll. I re-newed my redcard, took the nice plant increase and also took on the state legal Caregiver status for this year.. I got some babies popped up in beer cups. A big thanks @baba G

1. Cherry Picker

2.Purple Urkle x Crystal Ship (which is Green Crack x VeryBerry Kush)

I also have a cross I made from GL's Lemon Cookies and his Big Bud but I'll do a separate thread for that...and a few others like HSO's Blue Dream, Green Crack, Sour Blueberry, Chemdog, and Soma's Lavender, some Dark Star, Florida Gold, Cuban Assassin and a WWBB x Affy cross.

I have lots of variety this year so I'm in search of one or 2 stellar females of each. Pics and info to come.

K

kolah

Off we go. I got 7 Cherry Pickers that broke ground along with 4 Purple Urkle x Crystal Ship crosses. All are regular seeds. I started them in coco pellets under a dome and once they sprouted I popped them into beer cups (pellets and all) One inch from the bottom of the cups I laid in my own"superlight" soil mix and the rest of the cup is filled with Light Warrior and a bit of peat. The cup bottoms have a low dose of goodies for the roots to hit once they grow a bit. They are currently being exposed to natural sunlight and cold temps but not too extreme. Keepers will be cloned as I am stilling kicking myself for not keeping last years Lemon Cookies going. I'll get some pics once they get 4 -5 nodes high.

Another organic outdoor greenhouse grow this year. I'll use my own soil mix (in raised beds) which is my home-made killer compost, worm castings, kelp meal, azomite, bat guano, epsom salt, oyster shells, bone meal, live worms, mycos, and something new this year with the introduction of some Caps Bennies. Artesian Spring water and rain water will be used. Organic unsulfured blackstrap molasses will also be used in veg and flower. I may use some Root Organic nutes if needed. Pics to come. New greenhouse with a new woodstove as well. They are calling for snow this week...so no plants will hit the GH until end of May. Plenty of time. ;) This shit gets me stoked, love growing good meds.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

wood burning stove in your new greenhouse.........Go on, :D.

Just picked up 5 gallons of blackstrap myself. Smart and final, 15$ a gallon.

Your soil sounds great, and you will have to tell me what you think of Caps Bennies. Do you make ACT's? Last season I bought microbes (http://www.tainio.com/) from Tainio a sister company of American Eco Agriculture and wasn't impressed. I ended up dumping or using most of it on my other non cannabis gardens. Mouses got to it also. ACT's are cheap and super effective. I hear nothing but good things about Caps Bennies.

Lemon Cookies.......mmmmmmm.......RIP:(

Edit: Would love to hear your process on your super home made compost as well. I am just starting to gather my inputs and I hope to make about 5-10 yards of compost this season or next.

K

kolah

No, BD, I've never used teas in the past but think this may be a good time to try them out....although I am hoping this years soil mix will be pretty close to just "water-n-go."

As of late I have been reading a lot of info from Rev's True Living Organic growing stuff. And I'd really like to pipe in some auto watering program as well but living off grid with very limited power makes it a challenge.

K

kolah

There's no real secrets to my compost. I don't get all specific and detailed.....partly because I'm a bit lazy in that department plus I have faith in just letting nature do her thing.

I am fortunate (and very grateful) to get large amounts of kitchen scraps from the restaurants from my workplace. I get a huge array of veggies from sweet peppers, onions, lettuce, cukes, cabbages, tomatoes, avacadoes, even eggshells and rinds of watermelon, cantalope and honeydew. I have so much in excess that I also feed my chickens and horses with it.

I add all the scraps to my used soil (from last year) or start new runs using my ground soil. I add water to keep it consistent similar to a soaked sponge, never getting it too watery or too dried out. I keep it covered with plastic to hold in the heat and then mix it up (by hand with a shovel) about once a week.

Worms! ( IMO they are crucial) I order worms by the 500-100 count from Jim's Worm Farm and in they go to do their thing. I also add a few bags of compost starter which gets it all started easier. I'll check pH levels with cheap and simple litmus paper to see where she's at. If I decide to add amendments I'll do it when Springs comes around and keep ph'ing as she goes. That's about it man...it's REAL "black gold" and costs me nothing but elbow grease. I fucking enjoy doing it as well...there's something about getting your hands in the soil that makes it exciting and the pure earthly smell (once she's ready to roll) is intoxicating.

For those interested in getting food scraps and starting composting just start calling around and ask restaurants if you could have access to them. I have found cooks and prep workers are thrilled to know their scraps are being put to good use...instead of tossing them in the trash. Schedule a day and time and off ya go.

For what it's worth, my friends say my meds are the smoothest and mucho packed with good flavors. Grown organically, in the dirt, with natural is key. Not to mention how the cold Colorado nights bring out the pretty colors when Harvest time comes around.

K

kolah

living up to my commitment...Update: Two stellar Cherry Pickers are in my greenhouse beds and doing great and I have one super sweet CP male that I will stud out soon. Female/s have not been chosen as of yet. Also have two of BabaG's Purple Urkle crosses that are just starting to flower. All are healthy and strong. ALL organic grow and using a simple home made habenaro pepper/Bonners soap mix for preventative measures.

My first year trying out some 15 and 20 gallon smart pots. I much prefer deep soil beds (12-16 inches)

I will follow up with this when they get closer to harvest.

K

kolah

Golden Lion's Cherry Picker #1

Last edited:
K

kolah

Cherry picker #1 Pics are BOTM material.

Thanks...I got a new camera but still ain't got the damn thing dialed in. I have a bunch of other stains that I will post on the CO Buds thread. This was by far my best year growing medicine. I'm grateful as shit. All the credit goes to BabaG's great genetics, great organic soil, great weather and the Big Dude upstairs. This old hippie just added water and love.

Some day I'll grow like my buddy Waayne.

Last edited:
K

kolah

I also knocked up a big yielding Lemon Diesel female with a big male Purple Urk/ Crystal Ship. The male Cherry Picker that I originally picked for breeding was not as stellar as the PU/CS male.

I think BabaG's Crystal Ship crosses are fuckin nutzo. I'll be buying up some more of his gear for next year.

I'll post a few pics of the cured buds and do a smoke report ....and then be on my way. Cheers!

K

kolah

Thanks to @baba G and also this was my first year using Caps Bennies...another big thanks there as well. Plants were all super healthy and vigorous this year...no need for any oganic sprays and zero deficiencies.

Both CP and PU were in their prime for this outdoor harvest on about the 2nd week in October. The last week they really plumped and shined.

S

Seed Buyer

How many packs did you start to find that Cherry Picker gem?

drewski85

drewski85

Both strains look dank. Good job on getting them to their genetic potential and to @baba G for breeding top shelf meds

Latest posts

Top Bottom