Golden Lion Genetics

• Thread starter baba G
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Hello folks,

How is everyone doing? It's a beautiful time of year and a sweet time to anticipate your outdoor and keep chugging on the indoor. I've been growing indoors since the late 90's and have vigorously educated myself about plants in general(b.s. in botany) & have learned much from trial and error with cannabis plants. I've never been afraid to tread into unchartered territory to gather experience or facts that I can pass on to others who share the love of my fav plant! I've read many books but nothing teaches you like experience and a serious attention to detail.

I've been dabbling with hybridizing and plant orgies for several years now and feel I have some gems and oldschool genetics that can help or alter the newer varieties out there for the better! Pm resistance among mite resistance and plant vigor are sitting inside of seeds waiting for us to start them and apply the good ole genetics to the genes of today which seem to be bottlenecking like never before....

I did an Orgnkids Banana Oger Kush series a couple years ago:

Green Crack x Banana Oger Kush = Fried Green Bananas aka Banana Crack
Lavy x Banana Oger Kush = Billy Mays
Headband x Banana Oger Kush = Bandana OG
OG Kush x Banana Oger Kush = Og bc or rOarGe & Banana Split OG
Sour OG x Banana Oger Kush = Sour Banana OG

also did a Very Berry Kush a few years ago and now see the name everywhere...lol
was a Blackberry Kush x Blueberry OG(breeder steve's SOL, OG kush x blue satelitte 2.2)

Have thrown some other genetics together and have chosen some to make f2's and so on and am always looking for another combo to try out and see what becomes of it.

I have a love and passion for this plant, being a Mendo boy and having an eye for quality and the energy to never stop learning has driven me to seek out and grow the best quality I can as finding the same quality I produce has been a chore!! LOL

much more to come, gotta go

baba G
IMG_03032.JPG
IMG_03032.JPG

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Found an old list and added a few new ones...

I found this ole binder sheet of paper that has a list of all the varieties I've grown from seed and just clone kinds as well. This should give you an idea of the different genetics I've seen from start to finish, some once and some still to this day.

Now if I had to come up with a list of varieties I've smoked....would be doomed...lol

If anyone has experience with any on the list please share with us!

In no particular order
The List:

Chemdog 4
D King
Salmon Creek Big Bud
Golden Goat
Billy Mays
SSH x{(Purple Indica x Bubbleberry) x Yumboldt}
Banana Split OG
Fried Green Bananas aka Banana Crack
Ali Baba
Cali O
Bubba Kush
Free Tibet
Hempstar
Banana
Banana Oger Kush
Blackberry Kush
OG Raskals Fire Gum
OG Raskals White Gum
White Widow
Afgoo
Caboose
Pineapple Trainwreck
Trainwreck
Pot Of Gold
Headband
D.P.
Sour OG
OG Kush(many diff versions...)
Citrus Purps
Lavy(Not Soma related!)
Mendo Purps
Amethyst
Space Tooth
Chronic
Coral Reef
Power Plant
Ice
M.G.B.
Sonoma Coma
Sonoma Grape x Super Skunk
Green Crack
Crack Dog
Sour Dog
G13 x Diesel
D39
Wonder Diesel
Petrol
Gonzo #2
Casey Jones
Cave
Kushage
MK-Ultra
Rockstar
Goofy Grape
Dankouver
Morning Star
Kahuna
White Light
M.T.F.
Snow
Blue Dream
GDP
Sour Diesel
The Flav
Cheesequake
Alien Kush F2
Jack Flash
XJ 13
Jack Herer
Sour Romulan
Cannalope Haze
LA Con
Grape Ape
Purple Urkle
NL5
OG Kush x Blue Satelitte 2.2
G13
Soma A+
Verry Berry Kush
Double Purple Doja
Grape Nehi
Purple Nepal
Double Underdog
Star Dog
Purple Trainwreck
Diesel Kush #1
ECSD x Casey Jones
NYCD x Casey Jones
AK
Bluberry x NL
4way
Grass Knuckles F2

and unkown bag seeds!

i know i'm forgetting some too...lol:banana1sv6:

baba G
DSC01315.JPG

MarijuanaBaybee

MarijuanaBaybee

dayummmmmm^^^^^^^^:fighting0085:^^^^^got any dried cured pics of some nuggs of dat?

Reactions: mal
baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Unfortunately no nug pics as it's long gone but do have some mini nuggs(flarf) of it I kept for myself...

I'll take some next time for sure.

She is a sexy girl tho, flavorful and super stinky, and real heavy oils!

baba G

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Alien Junkie and bush master
Supporter
Damn when can I get my hands on some of those beans execrable the lizard king and banana crosses ? Your KILLIN it bro those look fire!!

johnursery

johnursery

you spoke of oldschool genetics that could help some of these new bottlenecked strains, id be interested to know more about that...some of the new strains are from a very small gene pool and worse some share frequent hermi traits from the same lines...i am interested what your techniques you could use that could maybe help stabalize some of these new strains? maybe crossing them with true breeding strains or IBL's and then stabalizing them, to help make the newer strains more stable, vigorous, and to improve them?

johnursery

johnursery

i guess what im wondering is have you been able to lock out some of the hermi traits that the chem lines have carried with them? lately ive been wondering if i should try to work with a strain that has a hermi trait and try to select for recessive plants that wont herm under any stress to use as a base so i can keep this plant for breeding but not sure if its worth the work...do you have any tips?

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Attempts at keeping the hermie traits out...

Hello johnursery,

Personally I don't breed with or run any chemdogs now as they aren't my cup of tea, but I do love me some great OG!

Knowing the genetic history of your male and female are critical if you want to help eliminate the herminess you speak of...
Using bagseed can lead you to using genetics that you may or may not know the history of and that can backfire if the resulting progeny show hermies or other tendencies.

Also running large populations which you can pick the more non-sensitive phenos and whatnot, I run males all the way thru to see how they stack their nutties; and what odor they give off and how prodigious they r with the pollen although I mainly pick males on structure and odor, but it's nice to see them go full term.

But sometimes a hermi plant can be worth the pain if you enjoy the meds enough and if you play with it genetically to cull the hermi trait you will probly lose that special phenotype...or not.

Basically I see it as everytime the plants play together and syngomy happens and the ensuring recombining of the genes take place(meiosis..)
All that truly takes place is a roll of the dice and if you can run large populations you could most likely weed out the hermi trait.

As far as old school genetics, their worth to me is that there may lay dormant genes that when recombined with today's herb might make for a more resistant plant that might help folks depending on their environment/climate. I agree when two varieties closely related make love the vigor is lost although the resulting progeny can be potent or considered desirable. When two plants from non-related genetic makeup make love the odds of producing something new and vigorous as can be arises more often I feel.

Overall be educated on the genetic background if possible and if you enjoy a hermi prone plant, just play with it and it's environment variable that you can control and see if you can get her to not throw so many hermis....

anyways, i'm babbling bigtime...gotta get to work

baba G
DSC01669.JPG

BakedReality

BakedReality

Bean Poppin..
Supporter
Nice....all crosses sound YUM! I have been chasing Banana Kush....drooling...wanting to know more

Builtaforest

Builtaforest

baba G, sorry I'm late to your show :call

Just stumbled here on accident.. but looks like I might peek around a bit longer :passingjoint:

Best of luck to your venture! Get that gear on the farm baby!

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Thanks for taking a look Builtaforest,

Love my trees, surrounded by them every day is the only way!
One of the most pleasant things in life is the view and man it is nice out the window or the deck...lol

Would love to help you fill your forest with some new beans in the future.

Do you have a favorite species of tree?

nuttso

nuttso

another question bro? Are you oldschool genetics sensitive to high amounts of nutrients? I have an c99 mosca girl here sipping ec 1.8 in veg and another oldschool clone, thing some landrace gettin overfeed with ec 1.4....

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
I have run some ole sam the skunkman unlabeled seeds and traditionally on the skinnier leafed ones or heavier sativa hybrids I noticed that they were super sensitive to nutes and if fed what say OG or bubba kush could intake, the ole ones would pop nanners and make lil seed kernels inside.

The kernels wouldn't ruin the smoke interestingly enough, as beans taste like shit, but a lot of unstable hybrids or sometimes the hazes will have this tendency. When run outdoors though the ole sam skunkman and high school bag seed wouldn't have this kernel thing & could take more nutrients.

I guess what I'm getting at is the older genetics were mainly bred for outdoors and don't enjoy the indoors as much as the later Northern Lights hybrids and others that made them compact and whatnot...

With my Jack cut I have to feed half strength at the peak! She will show you she's not happy overnight with a heavy feeding, just keep lowering your nutes til she points her leaves the way you like and looks happy.

Another thing I've encountered is with older plants or genetics that aren't afghani related or are equilateral is the leaves are much more pale and lighter, kelly green versus the darker greens that almost look blue in hue on some plants...

Are you feeding that oldschool clone flower or veg food with that 1.4ec?

cannabeans

cannabeans

tons of knowledge

im stoked to be reading your post! sounds like you have a great insight and breeding techniques. please keep them coming.

like the kernel thing... i have seen that and wondered what it was... is that a "stress" thing?

DJXXPLATINUM

DJXXPLATINUM

Nice work baba....i love og also and that list of your work.....dayum oh so sweet....gotta have some of those bananas.....dj

nuttso

nuttso

1.4 ec in veg yes. Seems a bit sensitive compared to other clones in my garden. I'm really interested in your crosses. Nice work bro...

peace

Reactions: mal
Top Bottom