Good first time LED light?

• Thread starter 716legalgrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
716legalgrow

716legalgrow

Hey guys, ordered this a few days ago. Only about $250. I know that the actual wattage isn’t 2,000. It claims it’s enough for a 4x4. Only gonna have about 5 auto flowers under it. If it works well, I might buy another for the other side. I just don’t know I’m scared I wasted my money, yet again. Thanks to Amazon, and my own ignorance...

Good first time led light
Cloverdalestan

Cloverdalestan

Hey guys, ordered this a few days ago. Only about $250. I know that the actual wattage isn’t 2,000. It claims it’s enough for a 4x4. Only gonna have about 5 auto flowers under it. If it works well, I might buy another for the other side. I just don’t know I’m scared I wasted my money, yet again. Thanks to Amazon, and my own ignorance...
That light should work well. How is it so far?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

240w is the true wattage. I bet if ya hit up the spider farmer rep here you get more for your money.

The SF3000 is 300w and they may be able to give you a similar price.

@SpiderFarmerLED

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

It's really not enough for a 4x4. Even 3x3 is pushing it.
Yes you are right. 3x3 it's plenty but 4x4 would need to be autos kept on 18/6 to make up for the lack of intensity. I should have looked at the space required. Imo 25-30w is plenty to flower 12/12 but autos on 18/6, can get aways with 15-20. On 24/0 10-15.

growsince79

growsince79

Yes you are right. 3x3 it's plenty but 4x4 would need to be autos kept on 18/6 to make up for the lack of intensity. I should have looked at the space required. Imo 25-30w is plenty to flower 12/12 but autos on 18/6, can get aways with 15-20. On 24/0 10-15.
I missed the auto part. Looked at the light though. It has lots of diodes with little power compared to others. Does that mean it hangs closer and has less penetration? Just wondering..

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I missed the auto part. Looked at the light though. It has lots of diodes with little power compared to others. Does that mean it hangs closer and has less penetration? Just wondering..
So it will hang closer but also be more efficient and if the spacing is good run cooler. I prefer more diodes which is one of the reasons I bought the Scorpion diablo over the gavita.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
Oh ... And to answer, the 2000w number is a "lights like" other lights . Sort of like the "feels like" thing in weather.

They are allowed to, so they take advantage.

Moshmen

Moshmen

So it will hang closer but also be more efficient and if the spacing is good run cooler. I prefer more diodes which is one of the reasons I bought the Scorpion diablo over the gavita.
How many watts per sq foot you run personally? Curious cuz I always hear that 25-30 number but I went there and still wanted more, I’m prolly closer to 40/45

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

How many watts per sq foot you run personally? Curious cuz I always hear that 25-30 number but I went there and still wanted more, I’m prolly closer to 40/45
It depends on how even the spread is. I used to be capable of running about 40 that's with co2. But I could never max it as the plants would shit themselves because of the distance. Watts per sq ft is only as good as your spread. With my diablo I could run run a 5x5 with 640ish watts aboit 25w/sq ft and very close to the plants meaning less light lost. All of those factors need to be accounted for as more light makes it to the plants. That's why gavitas 1700e and the Scorpion diablo are recommended for co2. The intensity is really up there at thise distances and they able to maintain spread. Ino that makes them much more efficient because very little light gets wasted.

Having a fixture thats high watts is only part of it and its not the watts that matter it's the ppfd and total photosynthesis of the plant. By running them so close the plfd is greatly increased so even lights of the same wattage don't necessarily mean they have the same capabilities. That's why I feel the strip are best atm.

Early on when it was just the boards you could see this because the first ones were lower wattage so you would need more and have great spread and keep em closer. As they ramped up in power you had to keep them further and results could be seen. Now they are shifting back to more diodes with better spread again.

Top Bottom