Good seeds the easy way

• Thread starter Snakeskins
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Snakeskins

Snakeskins

Ok so 2-part question:

If a seemingly female plant turns to a hermy plant, does the plant develop seeds or polen sacks?

Is it ok to grow seeds from a hermies or does the offspring always carry the same hermies affliction?

Vagician

Vagician

Even a few male flowers on a plant are enough to seed and ruin your crop. Pollen + pistil = seed. Male and female flowers on the same plant is a herm.

Seeds of any plant are genetically similar to their parents just like any child is a mix of its parents. These offspring may show more or less herm traits, that's just the good old genetic lottery. Only truly feminized seeds can eliminate that risk.

Growing_Garbage

Growing_Garbage

Ya I hate to say it but seeds from hermies have had a pretty high rate of herming again at least for me. If they are herm'ed specifically by colloidal silver, or intended stressors you get some more reliable actual fem seeds.

But they'll all seem like fem'd seeds to start. I have had some run true, but also hate to find that hermie in in the flower tent ya know. I like reg seeds best usually.

Snakeskins

Snakeskins

Thanks for the helpfull replies. For my introduction into cross pollination my options are limited. They rely upon 2 Cherry Wine(cbd flower) seedlings, a 2 Scoops plant, and a seed of unknown strain(really bomb weed) that I started germinating yesterday.

Last edited:
Top Bottom