good time for LST ? + growth at pruning node

• Thread starter sicoroot
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

sicoroot

Hello growers,

been thinking of doing some LST on these White Widow, do you think I should wait a bit more until the branches are a bit longer so that I can bend them down more horizontally ? or is it about time ?

Also noticed this new growth where I topped the plant, the other one doesn't have it.....I had not seen this before i on my plants, thinking of leaving them since they look like the could be good flowers branches..

thanks !

Good time for  lst   growth at pruning node
Good time for  lst   growth at pruning node 2
Good time for  lst   growth at pruning node 3
Good time for  lst   growth at pruning node 4
Good time for  lst   growth at pruning node 5
Good time for  lst   growth at pruning node 6
GanjaFarmer24

GanjaFarmer24

Looks good, no need to top anymore, it looks like a bush. And don't be afraid to remove the largest leaves, lets light get to new growth sites and improves airflow.

S

sicoroot

Looks good, no need to top anymore, it looks like a bush. And don't be afraid to remove the largest leaves, lets light get to new growth sites and improves airflow.
thank you...they do look a bit crowded with leaves....so you'd say to make some space for new growth and start with some LST on them about now ?

quirk

quirk

I will wait for a mature fifth node (usually 12-17 days from sprout) then remove under 4 (why waste plant energy on popcorn?) and begin LST. This method works for me in my grows and yields 1-2 oz. more than when I topped. Good growing to you.

Well developed fifth node
3 2 1
Mature 5th
3 days later
Finished
Last edited:
S

sicoroot

I will wait for a mature fifth node (usually 12-17 days from sprout) then remove under 4 (why waste plant energy on popcorn?) and begin LST. This method works for me in my grows and yields 1-2 oz. more than when I topped. Good growing to you.
thank you these photos are a good help...I have watched a bunch of videos and searched the forum for more info and finally defoliated and LSTed the 2 White Widows. A couple of thoughts I had...I did remove several fan leaves but left a few since after bending and tying them down they are not really covering or shading the rest of the plant. After all they are energy storage...
I have also pinched a bunch of smaller growth that was mostly on the bottom part of the plant and shaded out.
I have left the two top little branches that came out right where I pruned one of the plants, I marked them with red arrows in the photos. They look a bit smaller that the two main top branches that came out after topping.
Do you guys think I should cut those or leave them be ?
I'll probably have to do a bit more defoliating and trimming of sucker branches later on but so far so good seems to me....

IMG 2809
IMG 2810
IMG 2811
IMG 2813
IMG 2815
IMG 2816
S

sicoroot

hello all !

just a small update om how the plants are doing after a couple of rounds of LST and defoliation...I have just started the flowering period, 2 days into it. They seem to be doing great, fed some compost tea once and the just water.
It seems time for some more cutting and defoliating...what do you think ? I wasn't sure if I should wait a bit more and see which are the main tops to keep as they keep growiong and which ones are more sucker branches...so far so good. The 2 in the back are white widows, the front one is black domina
IMG 2809 1
IMG 2810 1
IMG 2811 1
IMG 2813 1

Heywood

Heywood

No updates? They are looking nice.
White Widow is a great strain to grow.

Latest posts

Top Bottom