Good way to grind buds/leaves?

• Thread starter squarepusher
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
squarepusher

squarepusher

wondering if anyone knows of a good method to grind up the buds/nugs/leaves for oil extraction

thinking of blender/coffee grinder, but those are kind of small/troublesome. Anyone know of anything that would work good for grinding up stuff?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Leaf mulcher? Commercial food processor? Mostly throwing up a bump with a couple of ideas off the toppa.

E

erudite

assuming you're making hash oil... grinding is completely unnecessary, break it down to popcorn size at the smallest or run the nugs whole :D

squarepusher

squarepusher

Leaf mulcher? Commercial food processor? Mostly throwing up a bump with a couple of ideas off the toppa.
thanks seamaiden
assuming you're making hash oil... grinding is completely unnecessary, break it down to popcorn size at the smallest or run the nugs whole :D
thinking more along the lines of BHO QWISO processing

T

the_mad_hatter

as a person that has been blasting for a while now, i think i have a prety good method for grinding.

I take the nug and throw it into a wide pointed teeth grinder. i do one 180 twist of the grinder and open it up and let the skakeynes fall out, then close and repeat with another 180 and open it again, over and over with all the buds..
I find that this method breaks down the nugs well enough to expose most (if not all) of the trichromes without breaking up the plant matter too, damaging the trichromes and risking getting a greener BHO..

if you grind up your plant matter to a powder, i find that it is too fine and tends to make you wax/bho turn a more undesirable green color.

this method always tends to have the best yeilds for me also....

if u need reference of the work i do, check me out on the forums

Graywolf

Graywolf

I dry the material on a cookie sheet in a 200F oven until it is frangible, as measured by rolling it between my fingers and thumb.

When it is frangible, I rub it through a pasta strainer to separate the leaf and bud material, from the stems and break it into smaller particles.

I never use a food processer, because it creates too many fines that are hard to filter out later.

On large runs on things like stems, I use a leaf mulcher and/or a hammer mill and then sieve it through a pasta strainer

true grit

true grit

depends how much trim ya got? go to walmart and get a $30 food processor. it will grind up all your shit in no time, but will need to be wiped down/alcohol cleaned every use or it will get too gunked up. The $9.99 coffee grinder works fine for smaller applications and i do find grinding it up allows more per tube with same butane and better saturation. Good luck.

Top Bottom