Google Earth & Maps Update - Find your outdoor grow

• Thread starter Luni
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Luni

Luni

Ok, I had a buddy call me the other day. He's totally spazzin out and without hardly breathing is saying to go to my Google Earth App on my phone and look up my property. I open the page and what do you know...............I've made it on the map.

Kinda a little frustrating now that I think about it. When you buy property, it's said that you own said land from the center of the earth all the way to the heavens. I'm wondering if I can get excluded or request a block to Google. It almost feels like an infringement on my privacy rights.

In my hood alone I counted 63 gardens with over 500 visible plants. More than 50% of the homes
have a medicinal garden. You've gotta love that

Google earth

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Majorly mixed feeling on all of this. Way more negative. You seem fairly relaxed about it. Forget the man, this is a ripper's dream. Bad news.

A friend of mine appeared in a cannabis related article years ago. . .she contact Google and the web site publisher and was able to have it removed. The data is still certainly cached somewhere, but a lot harder to find.

outwest

Luni

Luni

my 1st thought when I saw it was it's a great weapon for a lot of really bad people.

I just found out a few days back. Gonna definitely think about exclusion or blocking it all together. If so, I'll share the link or process to submit your own request.

In the last year, I've had a technological overload with life as we know it.

The police have ALPR (automated license plate review), now this. It's getting harder and harder to not get caught fellas.

Zonkerly

Zonkerly

I check out google earth all the time too see whats growing near me. So far you cant see nothing at my house,too many tree's and crap laying around blocking the view. Rippers are useing it for sure!!

obsoul33t

obsoul33t

IBL
old news here , rippers from the sac valley yuba city marsyville and reno areas have been using google earth for atleast 5 years to find gardens . it has been in our local news paper over and over again . rippers get popped and disclose how they found the gardens . makes me wonder why law enforcement wastes money flying choppers when they could find gardens for free.
my friend runs a helo service and tells me that it costs an average of $1500 per hour to fly ..

nebulius

nebulius

Yea, I think it is a total invasion of privacy. I would write to them and ask to have your address removed. I remember a while back in the news some politician had his address removed from Google Earth, but probably via greasing wheels and blackmail.

I think the PG&E dude being able to just come into your back yard too without knocking or letting anyone know is BS too. They own the equipment so they technically have an easement to the property. But now with the smart meter thing it's not a problem.

Luni

Luni

old news here , rippers from the sac valley yuba city marsyville and reno areas have been using google earth for atleast 5 years to find gardens . it has been in our local news paper over and over again . rippers get popped and disclose how they found the gardens . makes me wonder why law enforcement wastes money flying choppers when they could find gardens for fr
my friend runs a helo service and tells me that it costs an average of $1500 per hour to fly ..
Well, I'd have to agree with ya on that......but as long as local sheriffs keep bloating statistics and feds keep funneling taxpayer dollars into this un-american war against it's own citizens I figure it'll continue

Luni

Luni

U
Yea, I think it is a total invasion of privacy. I would write to them and ask to have your address removed. I remember a while back in the news some politician had his address removed from Google Earth, but probably via greasing wheels and blackmail.

I think the PG&E dude being able to just come into your back yard too without knocking or letting anyone know is BS too. They own the equipment so they technically have an easement to the property. But now with the smart meter thing it's not a problem.

Catv,telecom, tree trimmers and the likes will always come thru and they always will. 911 services and lifeline services that require data & power trump. You can place a note or placard seating to not w/out owners consent or 48 hrs notice

liketosmoke

liketosmoke

Google maps is outdated some times by three or more years,in big city's it is up date more often but in the country slower but you still need to be aware, after i retired and moved to Mexico it took Google four years to update my place.

Luni

Luni

yah I agree L2smoke.

I bought property 4 years ago & google had never updated in that time. This just happened a week or so ago in our area. I can tell the new image was taken approx June 14th.

dirk d

dirk d

too much privacy infringement. this really isn't fun anymore. now its just becoming a serious potential threat.

Luni

Luni

True that. I mean I went right intomy neighbors back yard and never even asked.

I wonder if there's a scrambler you could install on your property

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
True that. I mean I went right intomy neighbors back yard and never even asked.

I wonder if there's a scrambler you could install on your property

Some kind of stealthing device that makes your grow invisible to satellites.

outwest

vaporedout

vaporedout

my parents told me last year, WE SEE YOUR PLANTS, it was harvest time and they were already chopped so there is a slight delay i guess. they suggested putting down that green type fake grass on the patio for under the pots... never did it but after that pic ^ i dont think it would help

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
i just checked my house...the pic is still 4 years old.
But I did look around a bit to see if I could see my neighbors grows ;)
Prop 215. baby! :D
Nice group of neighbors that watch out for each other is good to have.

Strangers are noticed up in these Parts :cool:

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
nothing is private
I agree..."Big brother has all that and more Live Real time.
I just hope they use it for Good and not evil

But yeah...Rippers are another story...they suck. :mad:

and I wonder...do the rippers wait till the right day to harvest?
or do they just take unripe buds? :confused:

Luni

Luni

That all depends on what state you are in. Honestly I speak to out of state friends and they don't have a clue about 12&12 let alone there's only about 10 days when that plant is in its prime. Unfortunately. The www is available to everyone. Hopefully. They also see the articles where the thrives found out most of us aremtmessimg around.

Seeing these new maps makes me realize I need schooling in camouflaging. Grass clippings, brush and the like. Also planting in rows is is pretty obvious.

You ever think the current state of growing grass will turn out like the wine industry did? I hope so and feel the only way it will it to come together .......unionized and listen to what people are saying.......don't grow in the city....especially when children are near. I used to grow in a patio home neighborhood and now that im in the hills believe it belongs in the country ,

nebulius

nebulius

Reminds me of Cheech and Chongs Nice Dreams when the helicopter is flying over and they are under that tarp that looks like a pool from above.
Ever since the Wright Bros. the man has been trying to sneak a peak from above.

Top Bottom