Gorilla Glue growing into lights

• Thread starter linuxr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
linuxr

linuxr

First time growing some Gorilla Glue auto's from just cannabis seeds. If I knew this strain was able to grow so fast and tall I would have done lst from the beginning. But live and learn, and now I have plants to tall for my tent. The stem's are about pinky finger in size at the top and will not bend without breaking. What can I do?

Setup
Tent vivosun 4x2
5 gallon cloth pots
Coco loco
Gn flora series with silica, cal-mag and hydroguard - using Lucas formula for flowering
2 spiderfarmer sf1000 new and old model

Temps are 69 - 75f humidity 46-51

Here is a pic of them in week 6.5 from seed.
Gorilla glue growing into lights

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Are your pots on a small table or anything? Lower them if you haven't already.
How much higher can your lights go? Do you have the carbon filter and stuff inside the tent? Move it outside to the top.

linuxr

linuxr

The whole tent is on a table but the pots are on the floor of the tent.

linuxr

linuxr

The whole tent is on a table but the pots are on the floor of the tent. I have already modified the lights to go as high as they can. Filter is outside of tent.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Roll the stem firmly in between a thumb and finger. You want to soften it up a bit without breaking it so you can bend it over.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

In flower... Yeah, probably. But it's either that or you find a room/tent with a taller ceiling.

linuxr

linuxr

In flower... Yeah, probably. But it's either that or you find a room/tent with a taller ceiling.
I want a bigger tent but for now I'm stuck with the one I have. I'll be growing this strain on my next grow and will bend them over when young and SCROG the sh*t out of them. Thanks for the input Im just going to let them be and chalk this up as a lesson.

linuxr

linuxr

Can you lower your light intensity/dimmer? That and bending it is your only options
I can dim the lights, but then the lower canopy will suffer. As you can see from the pic a lot of lower hungary flowers will suffer if I do dim. Kinda of a damn if you do, damn if you don't.

JerzeyMike

JerzeyMike

If you can tie the tops toward the back of the tent, and try to pull lights toward the front, lowers won’t suffer too bad, and Maybe you dont burn them tops up. Ive seen a freinds get real close to the light and took it ok. Strain probably plays a big part n it. Good luck finishing them out, they look good!

linuxr

linuxr

If you can tie the tops toward the back of the tent, and try to pull lights toward the front, lowers won’t suffer too bad, and Maybe you dont burn them tops up. Ive seen a freinds get real close to the light and took it ok. Strain probably plays a big part n it. Good luck finishing them out, they look good!
I'll take a look and see how that looks tonight. The tops are bleached a little but they are taking it.

Neueregel

Neueregel

I'll take a look and see how that looks tonight. The tops are bleached a little but they are taking it.
I just did a first grow with bruce banner and it was growing past lights , i just left it alone and it worked out fine. mine was 60-40 sativa dominant.

Top Bottom