Got a major air problem...help!

• Thread starter jonnynu
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jonnynu

Premium Member
Supporter
Got a bro of mine that lives in Florida with an outside shed grow. He cannot use a window air conditioner or central air unit to the shed for obvious reasons...he would let the whole world know what he's doin...

He's having a hell of a time controlling the heat and the humidity inside the shed which is perfectly insultated. The inside air conditioner and humidifier are not doing the job...two to four weeks into flowering and they get nailed with one kind of infection or another.

What can he do to cool his shed without using an window air conditioner or central air unit?

There's gotta be a way.

Please help!

E

ent

when i had grown in an outdoor shed i would run my lights on at night. my temp problems would arise during the day while sitting in the hot sun. i mitigated this by building a false roof about 1" above the shed roof with plywood (and painted it white as to appear professional) and keeping a large amount of airflow. during the day i was able to keep my temps and humidity the same in the shed as standing in the shade. this is in socal and we don't deal with the humidity that i would imagine FL deals with. is daytime shade temps/humidity still way out of range?

J

jonnynu

Premium Member
Supporter
Yeah ent..way way out of wack...you're talkin 90+ degree temps outside and up 90+ humidity...if you fly into that state during the summer and have to walk from the tarmac into the terminal you can bearly make it without falling down...it really sick! Take a shower and walk to the car and you're soakin wet! Completely outta control.

J

jonnynu

Premium Member
Supporter
The portable a/c unit that ran him over $500 didn't do it. Used it with a $300 humidifier to boot...not good enough...still really bad inside and his exhaust fan is running it's ass off.

D

DazedNconfussed

I'm from florida and cant imagine growing out in a shed...couldnt imagine during the summer....95 degrees with 100% humidity during day, with a low of 80 at night.....Like was said earlier maybe a bigger protable AC unit, spray foam insulation the inside in the future if you get a few $$$ to spend....

J

jonnynu

Premium Member
Supporter
Kinda figured he's dead, but I had to ask for him...conditions are just too extreme..he's already done the spray insulation bit...I told him he has to wait until he can grow inside with a central air unit or at least a nice window unit... figured if there was a solution to his problem I'd find it for him here...

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

What about watercooling the hoods with iceboxes? Thats what I am going to throw on my magnums.

K

kashi

go check out some of the ac units that royal sovereign produces. You can put the unit inside the shed and it has a small exhaust pipe that goes to the outside. I have one of these and it is amazing.

J

jonnynu

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks for that kashi..I'll check those out and pass that on...much obliged!

F

Farmer Jon

Premium Member
Supporter
Heya jonnynu,
Just a thought but a mini split would work, he could simply find a way to conceal the outdoor unit (allowing for proper air movement ofcoarse) and run the eletrical and copper under the shed. A small one say 24k btu would run about a grand and there not to rough to install and the outdoor unit is about the size of a large suit case.
Much cheaper to run than a stadard a/c unit as far as power consumption as well.

S

swisscheese

Do it ghetto style get more exhaust fans and have them constantly running where the air is changed twice per minute. That in addition to what he already has should cool it off and if not return the stuff and save for a mini split.

N

newbiewitskillz

How many watts is he runnin? If its more than 2000 or more then i think heat would be a problem. I think get one more portable ac ( 2, 10,000 btu) or invest in some water cooled lights.

Top Bottom