got aphids?

• Thread starter marcd455
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
marcd455

marcd455

Running into my first pest issue, not sure exactly what I am dealing with. Very small gnat like and lime green, see attached photos. I think these are winged aphids, thats just my guess.

Got aphids
Got aphids 2
Got aphids 3
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
They're annoying AF outside, I've tried all the usuals, neem, hort oils, spinosad etc.. not much has worked on them so far.

They're more of a disease spreader than anything. They dont directly harm the plant other than chomping on them, but they spread disease. They're like the dirty sailors of the bug world lol.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Leaf hopper for sure, repellent is the best choice for them, they don’t stick around long enough to work however. Little monterey BT as a preventative works in my experience

marcd455

marcd455

That looks like a grasshopper. To large to be an aphid.

The scale was odd being i was very zoomed in, these guys are tiny. Here it is sitting on a 1 cent american penny for scale reference. Everyone still agrees leafhopper?

Pestscale1
Pestscale2
Pestscale3
Foutwenty71

Foutwenty71

if your growing outdoors try some stronger insecticide on the foliage around your grow area avoiding your lady (if you feel like there are to many, a few wont do much to your plant)...those things and others like them move pretty quick and dont hang around long when your present...especially in hot weather...kill them where they come from...As much as i hate using any poison it is a must sometimes or your just going to feed the native's. theirs more than a few species of leafhopper out there and they all move like grasshoppers in hot weather (fast).

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Leaf hoppers.

Here is what to look for with Aphids. I found this today. Aphid tracks.
We are unloading the nuke in the morning. A full strength spray of Plant Therapy.
What you are seeing here is the line of holes they make. Then they shed their skin which is the empty shell you see.
They are lime green like the leaf hopper but far smaller.
These pix are 100X

CRITTERS
CRITTERS2
CRITTERS3
Last edited:
Top Bottom