Got bugs! Now what do I do?

• Thread starter BigBlonde
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Buzzzz

Buzzzz

I moved my infested plant to a new area and still growing new plants in the original room. I have not had any on these plants growing in the main room w/o any fumigation of the room or anything like that. Maybe because I grow with DWC? The room even has carpet for them to hide and its been 4 months since I noticed the infestation. There are 2 plants growing in the same spot the infested one was in. Should I be more worried than I am LOL.
It depends on strain too, some they don't go near and some attract them. I got my first dose from a rose plant I bought at a greenhouse. I don't wish them on anyone. Keep them healthy so they can fight it off. I use a preventative maintenance in veg, I haven't seen them in a long time but I know they're lurking.

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

I really appreciate the discussion and the stories!

The room we were growing in doesn't have a carpet and isn't attached to the house. So we can do a lot to get rid of the mites that we couldn't do in living areas. We can't use Pyrethrum because we have cats. We also haven't been able to buy Azamax (and I don't know why).

Here's what we're doing:
  • We chopped and bagged all the plants and disposed of them. We disposed of the soil, too. We left the fabric pots outside and won't use them inside the house again.
  • We're repeatedly spraying the tent and floor with hydrogen peroxide and alcohol sprays.
  • We're also using No-Pest Strips, Spinosad, Neem Oil and diatomaceous earth in the room.
  • Spider mites must consume plants to live, so we won't have any plants in the room for several months. We'll set the temperature and humidity to levels in the room to encourage them to hatch and then starve to death.
  • Our next grow will be in a different room, in a new tent. I'll describe the new setup in my Grow #2 thread. (We don't have the new tent yet and need to rearrange some things.)
Overall, I think it's best to know the enemy. We made plenty of mistakes. Knowing what we know now, we'll hopefully do much better with our future grows. I think it's most important to be vigilant and hit them hard when they're discovered.

Latest posts

Top Bottom