Got gnats easy fix i see alot of ppl posting about gnats

• Thread starter Bullybeans420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bullybeans420

Bullybeans420

Easy fix ppl put an inch thick of sand on your top soil .problem solved it is best way i have come across to keep gnats in there tracks make sure you cover all dirt .

S

Slim0317

I have sand on top of the soil. Good filter. Still have gnats.

jesterthejedi

jesterthejedi

No more gnats or any bugs in coco. If you want to use soil, use it at the bottom 1/3 of your container and say goodbye to gnats ;)

VicMattice

VicMattice

I use mosquito dunks with success combined wit those yellow sticky paper.
I do as well,never had a problem since.. I pretreat my soils weeks ahead and repeat every month. And a little neem oil ,I've had zero issues for last few grows ,whereas before it was a constant issue ..

Bullybeans420

Bullybeans420

Use a lil bit of milk and spray the plant that way the bugs that you do have left will stick on the leaves and die ..

Bullybeans420

Bullybeans420

Use a lil bit of milk and spray the plant that way the bugs that you do have left will stick on the leaves and di
Use a lil bit of milk and spray the plant that way the bugs that you do have left will stick on the leaves and die ..
Sorry i get a lil ahead of myself for future reference when you pot your plants put about an inch or 2 at bottom of pot add your super soil and your plant then add another top layer of sand and make sure there is no dirt showing the concept is that the bugs cant nest in the sand because when they try and climb out the sand clips there wings off keeping them grounded at this point either spray with milk to get remaining gnats or use yellow traps to round up the rest me myself i use the yellow traps and spray the milk the milk really does good job getting the rest maybe an ocassional mist of milk to get the last of them but that should be the last of them they also dont like smell of coffee grains so thats a good preventive measure also so dont throw away your used coffee granules use them sprinkled on top to keep bugs away it always worked for me ..hope that helps .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom