gotta chop early..

• Thread starter St3ve
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
St3ve

St3ve

I'm about a week or so earlier than I normally do. Only about half the pistils are orange and the trics are about half clear and half cloudy. Only a random amber here and there.

How much does the bud dense up at the last week? Am I going to lose alotta weight or how is it going to effect the smoke?

P

paulycali

oh yeah! the last weeks or so is where they start packing on the weight and getting some serious denseness to the buds. If you can wait please do if not chop away. After growing them out for so long i feel its just a waste if you chop early. Only chop early if your having problems with pests or molds. Other than that push her to the max. They say when you think she's done wait a week. You will be amazed by the difference. Chop early for a more alert head high chop later for a more narcotic body high. its up to you. Oh yeah chopping early will result in less oils which means less smells and tastes. Good luck and i hope for the best

St3ve

St3ve

the grow is flawless, no problems at all. Its real world timing that has some problems.

So are you speaking from your own actual experience from chopping early compared to not?

D

djonkoman

chopping when most trichs are cloudy is best if you want early(I cut then too since I like a heady high), but before that you're losing weight and potency(a clear trichome is still producing cannabinoids and flavor/smell chemicals, so if you chop when it's still clear the plant can't rech it's full potential in potency and smell/taste)
so if it is possible I would just leave it a bit longer and be rewarded in quantity and quality

my observation is also bulking/swelling up in the last week(s) most

GhostFace

GhostFace

swelling at the last week or so depends on the strain..some do it early_ some in the middle and some towards the very end. chopping a week early wont be that big of a loss overall_sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do :rasta:

G

GrimloxK

yea...if your growing a sativa i'd def let that baby mature as long as you can. I've read that the cloudy trichs area myth because one week they'll be cloudy and the next they'll be clear. What you should look for is the percentage of amber trichs. For a sativa and a head high try and look for 1 out of 20 head being amber...if you want more of a narcotic effect let the ratio get higher.

Top Bottom