Grafting Multiple Strains for Beggar's Banquet Buffet?

• Thread starter Jimster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I ordered one of those fancy new grafting guns that is sold for grafting trees and stuff. Suprisingly, I am getting sucessful for grafting different strains onto ahollow stemmed base... the hollow stemmed plants seem to deal with re-rooting and grow faster for some reason and seem to graft better, although any woody stem will work. Now you can grow GG4, Train Wreck, Bubba Kush, and Malawi all at the same time! I can't imagine what this will look like when flowering. Grafting is pretty easy once you get the hang of it.

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

I ordered one of those fancy new grafting guns that is sold for grafting trees and stuff. Suprisingly, I am getting sucessful for grafting different strains onto ahollow stemmed base... the hollow stemmed plants seem to deal with re-rooting and grow faster for some reason and seem to graft better, although any woody stem will work. Now you can grow GG4, Train Wreck, Bubba Kush, and Malawi all at the same time! I can't imagine what this will look like when flowering. Grafting is pretty easy once you get the hang of it.
Waiting for 1 of mine to grow more so I can use it as my rootstock but I plan on starting to work with grafting in very near future. Any good advice, threads, etc?

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Waiting for 1 of mine to grow more so I can use it as my rootstock but I plan on starting to work with grafting in very near future. Any good advice, threads, etc?
here was a video on Youtube that a guy made and it looked pretty simple, so I decided to try it. My latest adventure is to use considerably larger grafts, but that is still a work in progress and the success seems to depend a lot on the type of main stem the plants have. The woody stalks are harder to graft for some reason. It is more of a novelty, but the guy on youtube uses it to create the mother of all clones... a plant with a half dozen different strains graftedthat can be used to make clones out of. It isn't too practical if you are trying to get any kind of yield initially, as the grafts take a while to work and the plant usually stalls. The youtube method is much easier than my previous methods, which were derived from fruit tree grafting

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

here was a video on Youtube that a guy made and it looked pretty simple, so I decided to try it. My latest adventure is to use considerably larger grafts, but that is still a work in progress and the success seems to depend a lot on the type of main stem the plants have. The woody stalks are harder to graft for some reason. It is more of a novelty, but the guy on youtube uses it to create the mother of all clones... a plant with a half dozen different strains graftedthat can be used to make clones out of. It isn't too practical if you are trying to get any kind of yield initially, as the grafts take a while to work and the plant usually stalls. The youtube method is much easier than my previous methods, which were derived from fruit tree grafting
I'm basically trying to create mothers of all clones for myself, I like variety & experimenting but am limited to 6 flowering, 6 veg <14", 6 veg >14" per person. Need male & female of each type & will be crossing & breeding etc. So I have to learn grafting to accomplish my goals (& itll be fun new project)

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

Do you remember YouTube info so I can track down link?

Reactions: Ina
Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

That is cool that you are giving this a go. They do this with apple trees, as I am sure you well know, so you can grow one tree and still get apples off it; I have started to see it with other fruit varieties as well, but apples were the first one I saw so one tree could provide pollen for all the varieties of apples. I look forward to seeing you grow out one of these multi-variety Cannabis plants. I wonder if the differing nutrient needs of the individual varieties will come into play or if the root-stock will mitigate the nutrient uptake and allocate it where its needed.

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

The biggest drawback is the time it takes to graft, which doesn't make it too suitable for growing directly, since it would delay everything, but having a multi-clone mother would be pretty cool.
Thank you, cant wait to watch tonight

Top Bottom