GRAFTING------Quest for SUPPER MOM

• Thread starter frostedlove
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

frostedlove

Here is my post about grafting.....SEE how it goes... I have grafted outdoors but never indoors.....or on MJ

I am grafting Bubba Kush on Afgoo. Both are of my mother stock and I Thought..... WHY NOT... so here we goo......keep ya posted on the 5 day count or so...

We cut the V in afgoo as you can see then we cut the other V in Bubba Kush. Sealed the wounds with cloneX and then gave her a little sprits down with a little water mix i spray clones with..... Rapped in blue painters tape cause it will get wet and hold water a little but it will dry out in a day or two when I want it too. So after the painters tape used a tiny pice of duct tape around for added support. Then cut the leaves like any other clone and sprayed her down and bagged her up to keep hummity high for a few days......

see how it goes
IMG_02901.jpg
IMG_02801.jpg
IMG_0292.jpg
IMG_02911.jpg
IMG_0293.jpg
IMG_0294.jpg
IMG_0295.jpg

jagle

jagle

very cool, never even thought of this, be interesting to see the results

F

frostedlove

12 hours and still alive

SO far so good......Read a few post and alot of people lost there graft after only a few hours.. I really think the bag is helping a lot....
She is not wilted or anything

Will keep ya posted!

G

goleboy

This is nuts ! My dad had his femoral arteries in s legs " grafted " never thout that technique could be applied to mmj...what exactly are you trying to accomplish? Just curious not bashing in any way cause what you have done is incredible in my eyes ....are you hoping the bubba will crosss somehow into the afgoo and create crazy cross or do you just want to see if the clone will attach and grow and yield ? Good work, try a toothpick taped at top and bottom for support next time, it's what I do with snapped stems ect.

M

munga

@goleboy: there is a video or several on youtube showing a large mother plant with like 6-8 different strains on it....

the gist of it is that if done right it can be a HUGE space saver...having that one motherplant with various strains for the cuttings...

i will also be doing this as soon as i can get my indoor going...

F

frostedlove

@goleboy: there is a video or several on youtube showing a large mother plant with like 6-8 different strains on it....

the gist of it is that if done right it can be a HUGE space saver...having that one motherplant with various strains for the cuttings...

i will also be doing this as soon as i can get my indoor going...

Yea its on here as well if you search GRAFTING
and I think the video of urban gradener has a farmer on there from on here.....I think but not sure????

F

frostedlove

Multi strain mom

This is nuts ! My dad had his femoral arteries in s legs " grafted " never thout that technique could be applied to mmj...what exactly are you trying to accomplish? Just curious not bashing in any way cause what you have done is incredible in my eyes ....are you hoping the bubba will crosss somehow into the afgoo and create crazy cross or do you just want to see if the clone will attach and grow and yield ? Good work, try a toothpick taped at top and bottom for support next time, it's what I do with snapped stems ect.

Its for a multi strain mom.....Its does not cross genetics really. MJ may bleand a little but thats not really what we are shooting for. Its to have one or two huge momma plants with 5-10 strains growing out of them. ONE BIG space saver.

YOUTUBE it and you will see a couple monsters that have a few strains on it........

figure WHY NOT!

thanks for rolling through

F

frostedlove

24 hours and all good..........ADDED ANOTHER TOO

24 hours and all good, pulled the bag off for a few hours to air her out and then while I had her out I decided my as well go ahead and add another. So now we have added a Purple Diesel to the MIX.....

F

frostedlove

You must spread some reputation around before giving it to frosted love again.

Thanks bro.....Will see how it goes....One way or the other I will figure it out.

I love the FARM we all learn from each others wins and losses. So my lose your win or vise versa.....

LIVE AND LEARN each and EVERYDAY

F

frostedlove

Well------Lets see......We found out 5-10 min out of the bag for air is good........20 min is BAD.....came back to wilted girls:(....Little spitz and back in the bag they gooo and 4 hours latter.......:flower she is back alive....

so the bag this is HUGE....... and can leave it on too long with out a break to get more air in there. So its a big balancing act. thank god I am home all the time...

added a bamboo stick for support of the bag.....so its more like a teepee or clone done and I blow it up a little so its not sticking too the sides
IMG_03121.jpg
IMG_03111.jpg

N

nelson1100

It's like a cut with no roots,need to be in a humid enviorment:sun Try a bigger bag and blow some CO2 in it.

F

frostedlove

It's like a cut with no roots,need to be in a humid enviorment:sun

It IS a cut with no roots..... Same as a clone in rockwool but its rockwool is the side of the plant..

Thought about putting whole plant in bag then it might be less stress full and easyier to do multi site props

thanks for check out bro

F

frostedlove

Maybe just misting it might work as well. Not sure though. How long is it supposed to take for the graft to fuse together?

I mist the plant in whole and the bag often cause its not really 100% sealed so it drys out over the course of the day. Every few hours I check on them..... Its a lot of work but once it gets going it should be good,

4-5 days should be without the bag I read.....
but then again Its all kinda blind......??????

C

chefrey

wow your taking it to a new level 1 mother with multable strains what the f

S

supasticky

That is pretty sick bro. Let's see how it goes. Good luck mayn.

-Supa

F

frostedlove

Takes time

Sill alive but Its a battle between looking good and wilted... Never Two back to back checks is it good good.....Would be very hard to pull this off unless you have the time on your hands.....>REQUIRES TIME....

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
Try the Approach Graft technique, only way I've seen it work yet and it took a lot longer than expected.

Latest posts

Top Bottom