Grand daddy Purp From Seed....a 12 pack of Plants.

• Thread starter Tango02
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dirtyoldman

dirtyoldman

What's up everybody...back at it again after a successful run with a few CBD strains.
Moving on now to an indica grow with one of my past favorites.
Started with 10 GDP seeds, germinated all 10 and got 9 of the 10 to germinate in about 24 hours.
So I've managed to get three more of the CBD seeds(Kush ET)from my last run and since my wife prefers to smoke CBD only I'm going to throw them into the mix also.
I have started the seeds in an organic miracle grow mix. NPK levels are pretty typical of a bag mix from Lowes.
I'll be transferring into Fox farm mix but I'm still undecided on which one to go with....maybe you guys and gals can help with that decision.
Going to stick with a fox farm fert trio again with some added cal mag among others.

Im going to be swapping out my 4 gallon plastic containers for 5 gallon smart pots...I'll be topping all these girls once they reach 4-5 nodes and adding a Scrog net.

My last grow was done with a single 1000w HPS/MH along with a 400w LED for supplemental light around the edges I'd like to add another 2000 watts at leastfor this grow.
Id like some input on which LED to go with that isn't crazy expensive.

So yea...a pretty basic grow right now. Planning on adding an automated watering system with a run off catchment system later on before they canopy out too much.

Grew 2 harvests of GDP in 2018 and here's a pic. Gets real frosty and shows more color than this if you can run down into the 50's F at night. Doesn't yield the best but love the couchlock indica buzz. Like drifting into a dream wrapped in a warm fuzzy blanket. I don't grow plants like this now, I use LST and HST. With GDP, since it's not the best yielder, that's a good idea. I also roll with the Fox Farm trio and Cal mag plus. Pro Mix Myco. Easy peezy and great results every time. Spray Neem Oil. It's a miracle product. Put that polish on the leaves an you'll never have a fungus infection again because the spores can't attach. Neither can bug eggs.

GDP 2018
Tango02

Tango02

Supporter
Grew 2 harvests of GDP in 2018 and here's a pic. Gets real frosty and shows more color than this if you can run down into the 50's F at night. Doesn't yield the best but love the couchlock indica buzz. Like drifting into a dream wrapped in a warm fuzzy blanket. I don't grow plants like this now, I use LST and HST. With GDP, since it's not the best yielder, that's a good idea. I also roll with the Fox Farm trio and Cal mag plus. Pro Mix Myco. Easy peezy and great results every time. Spray Neem Oil. It's a miracle product. Put that polish on the leaves an you'll never have a fungus infection again because the spores can't attach. Neither can bug eggs.
What kinda yield did you get out of it? 4oz per plant or better dried?

dirtyoldman

dirtyoldman

What kinda yield did you get out of it? 4oz per plant or better dried?
No, far less than that. I think my best GDP yielded 1.5. I know I can do better. But I didn't let the GDP get big. Started flowering them at like 12 inches. Trying to do better by letting the plants get taller and by using LST with these Blue Cheese clones to try to turn them into shrubs. If you can make bushes out of your plants they always yield better. I make a corkscrew out of gardening wire, twist it into the soil and pin the branches down. Three of four are done with training. Letting them come up now. The parent plant of these was a very strong plant that yielded 2.5 ozs. in January. Check out the color on the mother plant. When cured many of the buds are purply or bluish. Looks great in the jar. First time growing Blue Cheese, didn't expect the color.

IMG 7855
IMG 7856
IMG 7846
Tango02

Tango02

Supporter
Well I have everything repotted into 5 gallon containers.
Lights are on now...2000 watts in total.
Still going to upgrade to an LED array in the near future. Thinking about the photontek 465 pro. I really like the 600 or 1000 but just can't find it in a price that I'm willing to pay.

20210311 163552
20210311 163600
20210311 163617
20210311 163657
Tango02

Tango02

Supporter
So I've finally decided to build an actual grow room off my shop area.
Here is a video of the progress so far.

Tango02

Tango02

Supporter
So I have questions about ventilation...
I'm thinking of using a 6 inch inline with carbon filter vented through the ceiling of the room into the next room over.
Will this exhaust enough heat from my two 1000's without additional cooling of the lights? To ask the question more specifically...do you think I will need a dedicated exhaust fan with ducting from just the light themselves to keep the heat under control?

If you look at the last part of the video I posted that section of ceiling that drops down 4-6 inches is part of the HVAC for my house. I plan I tapping into that with an additional vent that I will install. This will help to cool the room also.

Latest posts

Top Bottom