Grandma and Grampa are going to attempt to grow ...

• Thread starter MIGrampaUSA
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

It's been a lot of years since I last grew a crop. I'm going to ease back into it with a soil grow. This is my wife's first experience with growing. We have plenty of seeds so there's room for some mistakes. We're always open to suggestions. We do not claim to be experts ...We've chosen Banana OG x Purple Punch and AK47 for our first run.

Purchased seeds
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Im in to watch. Curious about those bulk seeds too.

I would like to see your setup?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Nothing real special at the moment. In the future I will be attempting to learn how to grow hydroponically. This one to get started will be in soil.

Anything in particular you would like to see or know about my setup?

No. I posted too soon. You posted the pic at the same time. Looks good. Plenty of space. Plenty of light. Got plenty of ventilation and air circulation?

Humidity control?

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

No. I posted too soon. You posted the pic at the same time. Looks good. Plenty of space. Plenty of light. Got plenty of ventilation and air circulation?

Humidity control?

I have a 120v fan in the roof vent to pull hot air out. I do have a hydrometer/thermometer in the tent. Humidity is currently low. At this point it's an unknown and may need addressing during the grow.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I have a 120v fan in the roof vent to pull hot air out. I do have a hydrometer/thermometer in the tent. Humidity is currently low. At this point it's an unknown and may need addressing during the grow.

Yup. Its all different when its full of plants transpiring.

Nice man. Seems you got it covered. I do suggest carbon filters. The house will reek during flowering. Even blown out my chimney up high in summer i could smell my grow around the corner. I use phresh filters. They have been lasting over a year and a half run all the time.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Yup. Its all different when its full of plants transpiring.

Nice man. Seems you got it covered. I do suggest carbon filters. The house will reek during flowering. Even blown out my chimney up high in summer i could smell my grow around the corner. I use phresh filters. They have been lasting over a year and a half run all the time.

I've considered it. I haven't invested yet but it's likely to happen. I still have a high school senior (step son) living in the house. I also have a retired neighbor.

HeLLfiReZ

HeLLfiReZ

I've considered it. I haven't invested yet but it's likely to happen. I still have a high school senior (step son) living in the house. I also have a retired neighbor.
My gf doesn't smoke it and i don't smoke it inside. People were smelling it off her at work. I had 0 exhaust though basement is cool enough.

dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey MIG , are your seeds "regular" or "fem" ?
Why dont you start more seeds ? You have a lot of light , i understand if you need to limit your plant count , but you have a lot of light , unless you are going to grow trees , i would suggest doubling or more your seedlings...

That way you can cull thru your sprouts , there are always some runts , or poor starters....

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Hey MIG , are your seeds "regular" or "fem" ?
Why dont you start more seeds ? You have a ton of light , i understand if you need to limit your plant count , but you have a lot of light , unless you are going to grow trees , i would suggest doubling or more your seedlings...

That way you can cull thru your sprouts , there are always some runts , or poor starters....

I'm not in a rush so yes, I could start more seeds ... and I may. It's still to be seen. Plant count at this point isn't an issue. My wife and I both have cards so we are both allowed 12 plants each. I have another tent where I intend to start some clones and nurture some mothers. Once I get there (if I do) plant counts could come into play ...

To specifically answer your question ... I want space between plants. They are easier to care for that way.

Female seeds ... shouldn't see males ... guess we see.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
!!Nice!! Following, good luck! 👍
Hey there, welcome to the forum, a great grandpa here with a modest basement grow. My wife doesn't participate ( I wish she would every now and then) but I make up for it and smoke her share as well. Lots of help here and a good bunch to hang with.

I find that 99% of growing success is the environment the plants are in. Clean ,humidity control , heat management ,air flow,and light containment and TLC seems to do the job. Spend too much time in here though and you'll find you need a journal to keep track of each plant separately a ph tester,ppm tester, light meter,timers,oscillating fans, humidity meters, humidifiers, dehumidifier, and a variety of other toys, equipment and soil additives to play with. Its come a long way from stick seed in dirt and watch them grow.😀

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Hey there, welcome to the forum, a great grandpa here with a modest basement grow. My wife doesn't participate ( I wish she would every now and then) but I make up for it and smoke her share as well. Lots of help here and a good bunch to hang with.

I find that 99% of growing success is the environment the plants are in. Clean ,humidity control , heat management ,air flow,and light containment and TLC seems to do the job. Spend too much time in here though and you'll find you need a journal to keep track of each plant separately a ph tester,ppm tester, light meter,timers,oscillating fans, humidity meters, humidifiers, dehumidifier, and a variety of other toys, equipment and soil additives to play with. Its come a long way from stick seed in dirt and watch them grow.😀

Actually, if you want to really keep track of things, the written journal in the grow room is a must. I don't have one in there just yet, but I will before the day is over. I need the data for a number of reasons including future grows.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Actually, if you want to really keep track of things, the written journal in the grow room is a must. I don't have one in there just yet, but I will before the day is over. I need the data for a number of reasons including future grows.
Agree, I write down everything! Each plant gets a popsicle stick with a number and a corresponding page on the clipboard!
📄🖊

canothink5

canothink5

I use a notepad in each grow area and a desktop/large calendar to mark the changes written in the notepad.

Latest posts

Top Bottom