Grandma and Grampa are going to attempt to grow ...

• Thread starter MIGrampaUSA
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I know everyone digs the buds but I really love looking at vegging plants.
All so different and always growing fast.

Banana Punch is already flowering ... under 18/6. As I stated above, it's supposed to be photo period.

These plants are remaining very stocky and are getting quite bushy. Even the AK47 are staying stout. I have been tying them down, then letting them up ... and then doing it all over again ...

I'm pleased where they are today. They had a rough start. I'm looking forward to doing the "flip"

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Banana Punch is already flowering ... under 18/6. As I stated above, it's supposed to be photo period.

These plants are remaining very stocky and are getting quite bushy. Even the AK47 are staying stout. I have been tying them down, then letting them up ... and then doing it all over again ...

I'm pleased where they are today. They had a rough start. I'm looking forward to doing the "flip"

Been seeing this a lot lately. What seeds?

And they sure do look healthy.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Banana OG x Purple Punch. My guess (I saw your explanation a few days ago) is this is a genetic expression due to an "AUTO" being used in the breeding.

I agreed with that explanation but dont think it should happen. Is it from stress? Will we have to worry about nanners and auto flowering now? Lol

Both are pretty modern strains. I wonder which chucker screwed up the gene pool?

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I agreed with that explanation but dont think it should happen. Is it from stress? Will we have to worry about nanners and auto flowering now? Lol

Both are pretty modern strains. I wonder which chucker screwed up the gene pool?

If it's stress its from early on. Once I noticed I didn't have much temp control, I bought a temperature controller. Now I can keep highs and lows very close. I have it set for 6 degrees currently.

Another possibility is they were initially planted in sour (pH 4.8 soil). I caught it early on and transplanted into a sweeter mix.

Last possibility, over-watering. It did take me a bit to "learn" these plants and the potting mix.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

If it's stress its from early on. Once I noticed I didn't have much temp control, I bought a temperature controller. Now I can keep highs and lows very close. I have it set for 6 degrees currently.

Another possibility is they were initially planted in sour (pH 4.8 soil). I caught it early on and transplanted into a sweeter mix.

Last possibility, over-watering. It did take me a bit to "learn" these plants and the potting mix.

Slow down. Im just guessing. There could be nothing but genetics causing it. But i do believe stress in early veg causes later stress or sensitivity.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Slow down. Im just guessing. There could be nothing but genetics causing it. But i do believe stress in early veg causes later stress or sensitivity.

In the very beginning, I ran 24 hr light due to struggles with the heat swing. At about 8-10 days, I had the temp controller. About a week after that, I received the carbon filter and fan. The 24 hr to 18 hr could have possibly triggered those plants I suppose. I've had trouble finding information regarding the strain and how it grows. All I know is it's a good producing, high THC strain that might finish outdoors in mid-Michigan.

Top Bottom