Grandmommy purple new grow journal

• Thread starter RudeA
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RudeA

RudeA

I hear that. When I split the clones the Twins did fine but the Solo went all strange. I can only guess why and keep going.

Sadly I suck at diagnosis if I haven’t experienced it.

Thankfully the real LUX meter helps with light issues now.

L8r
Im useing a LUX meter on my phone, im assuming its accurate. My issue is, in order to get the recommended LUX reading, I have to run my light at 100%. I cant do that due to my height restriction. So Im currently running at 75%, fully aware that that wont give the numbers I need to be at. Question is can I complete the flower process at only 75% power!

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

Im useing a LUX meter on my phone, im assuming its accurate.
I found them lacking but it’s better than nothing. You can get a meter for $40cnd

My Question is can I complete the flower process at only 75% power!
Yes.

I had to until I cut the tops off to harvest. Then I had room to turn up the led and let the rest be harvested a week or two later.

RudeA

RudeA

I found them lacking but it’s better than nothing. You can get a meter for $40cnd

Yes.

I had to until I cut the tops off to harvest. Then I had room to turn up the led and let the rest be harvested a week or two later.
Thanks Zen....thats probably the way im gonna go with it.

RudeA

RudeA

I have one plant out of four that has orange hairs everywhere. Seems maybe its a different strain or maybe something is wrong health wise. Question is has anyone experienced premature flowers like this. Orange hairs have almost completely replaced all the white ones. The other three grandmommy purple girls are progressing as normal. Any help would be appreciated

20230415 130335
RudeA

RudeA

I have one plant out of four that has orange hairs everywhere. Seems maybe its a different strain or maybe something is wrong health wise. Question is has anyone experienced premature flowers like this. Orange hairs have almost completely replaced all the white ones. The other three grandmommy purple girls are progressing as normal. Any help would be appreciated

20230415 131410
Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

Are your leaves pointing upward? Tips? Seem to be. Your light might be to close/bright/hot?

Some go dark soon but check for any burning. I’d double check with staff or someone with more experience.

RudeA

RudeA

Start of the sixth week of flower. Starting to see the buds plumping up a bit. May have to eliminate one girl, dont know what caused her to prematurely turn pistols orange and stopped growing. The other three are progressing as expected. Its crowded in my tent, thinking if I remove one it will open my canopy up for the other three.

20230418 081546
20230418 082532
RudeA

RudeA

noticed the herbies post last night, was actually looking at this strain. I'll be checking up on this post for sure.
I highly recommend this strain. The grow has gone relatively trouble free. I have to say one of the girls kinda flipped out. Started flowering prematurely. I just today removed her from the farm. Three outta four aint bad.

PurpleGreen

PurpleGreen

I highly recommend this strain. The grow has gone relatively trouble free. I have to say one of the girls kinda flipped out. Started flowering prematurely. I just today removed her from the farm. Three outta four aint bad.
Oh man, Grandmommy Purple from Herbies is one of my all-time favorites!

RudeA

RudeA

Throwing out a picture of the buds on my GDP girls. Week seven just started. Im thinking about two or three more weeks until I harvest the top buds. Then im going to let the bottom buds ripen..two stage harvest

20230425 130436
RudeA

RudeA

Bad news on the grandmommy purple grow. All the girls fox tailed on me. No clue what the cause was, just out of the blue.
I ran out of headroom in my tent and reduced my power to 75% on a 640 watt light " Nextlight Mega Pro". I can only step my light up or down in 25' increments. I couldnt see finishing these girls under 50% power setting.
Apparently 75% at 18" was enough to cause the foxtails....bummer for sure
20230502 174151

RudeA

RudeA

Well the GMP girls have been harvested. Unfortunately I had a foxtail situation that im sure was caused by too high intensity on my light. This is the second grow with this light and both foxtailed.
Still yet had a decent harvest quantity wise. The buds arnt the prettiest but still pack a punch. Trichomes never turned amber so everything was harvested when cloudy. I harvested the top of the plants then let the bottom of the plants continue under light. One week later still no amber tricomes.
I think next time around im gonna try a similar strain but go auto with it. I enjoyed this grow but disappointed with the foxtails ( which was totally my fault). Thanks to everyone that helped along with my grow, I appreciate the help very much.

20230521 111903
Top Bottom