Grandmommy purple new grow journal

• Thread starter RudeA
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RudeA

RudeA

Im a little late starting this grow journal and actually im four weeks in already on this grow.
I sourced my seeds from Herbies seeds.
Im growing in a 5x5 tent useing 5 gallon cloth bags (I started the seeds in 1 gallon plastic pots) and transplanted into 5 gallon bags at four weeks.
Im using coco as my soil and Im useing Floramax nutes A B and Organabud in a ten gallon reservoir.
My light is a Nextlight Megapro 650watt. It worked great on my last grow, this is the second grow on the light.
I use a Vivosun 6" exhaust fan with carbon filter and a AC Ifinity 6" intake fan. I also have three fans in the tent to move air.
Currenty my target PH is 6.0. My nute count is 800 going in and 1200 coming out. Being fairly new to the coco grow im uncertin if these numbers are where they should be my runoff seems high to me.
Im running a humidifier trying to keep RH around 70%. Tent temps run from 80 during light on and 72 on lights off. Living in the midwest I have to use a humidifier in the winter and a dehumidifier in the summer. Im not sure what else i need to document, please tell me if theres more onfo needed.
I added pictures of seedling and then current picture going into week five. Any questions or advice I will surley embrace. Thanks in advance

Grandmommy purple new grow journal
Grandmommy purple new grow journal 2
Grandmommy purple new grow journal 3
TSD

TSD

Share as much or as little as you like.. It's your grow journal! I have no advice to give on coco, but I know there's a bunch of information about it if you use the search option. Here's one I happen to have bookmarked on watering coco by one of our local gurus. 😊

2Bad

2Bad

How close is your light? Is it dimmed? How often are you watering?

Don't worry about runoff unless there's something actually wrong with your plants.

Looks good.

RudeA

RudeA

How close is your light? Is it dimmed? How often are you watering?

Don't worry about runoff unless there's something actually wrong with your plants.

Looks good.
Im sitting at 24" and its set at 75%
Watering every three to four days. I water until I get runoff, is that a bad thing?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

5 gal straight coco with organics id do wet dry cycles as you are.

With synthetic and a perlite mix id go high frequency feeding

showing some light stress so keep an eye on that

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

My bad not organic… still 5 gal straight coco id go with a wet dry. But it will need watered more often than soil

RudeA

RudeA

5 gal straight coco with organics id do wet dry cycles as you are.

With synthetic and a perlite mix id go high frequency feeding

showing some light stress so keep an eye on that
Thanks Aqua Man. Whats better raising the light a few inches or backing the light down from 75% to 50%.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ive been useing the weighted pot, light vs heavy theory. Should I try a different method
Well 5gal coco without perlite is gonna land in the middle. You wont be as prone to overwatering but you dont want to keep it saturated like say a small 1 gal coco or coco/perlite mix.

so i would say not light but you dont want to keep it wet either.

RudeA

RudeA

Ive got a issue im not sure how to deal with. Im growing grandmommy purple 80% indica. The node spacing is so close together I worry about getting airflow to the bottom of thr girls.
Should I look at defoliating at the 1-3 nodes to open them up a bit.

20230304 082548
20230301 085857
RudeA

RudeA

Im a little late starting this grow journal and actually im four weeks in already on this grow.
I sourced my seeds from Herbies seeds.
Im growing in a 5x5 tent useing 5 gallon cloth bags (I started the seeds in 1 gallon plastic pots) and transplanted into 5 gallon bags at four weeks.
Im using coco as my soil and Im useing Floramax nutes A B and Organabud in a ten gallon reservoir.
My light is a Nextlight Megapro 650watt. It worked great on my last grow, this is the second grow on the light.
I use a Vivosun 6" exhaust fan with carbon filter and a AC Ifinity 6" intake fan. I also have three fans in the tent to move air.
Currenty my target PH is 6.0. My nute count is 800 going in and 1200 coming out. Being fairly new to the coco grow im uncertin if these numbers are where they should be my runoff seems high to me.
Im running a humidifier trying to keep RH around 70%. Tent temps run from 80 during light on and 72 on lights off. Living in the midwest I have to use a humidifier in the winter and a dehumidifier in the summer. Im not sure what else i need to document, please tell me if theres more onfo needed.
I added pictures of seedling and then current picture going into week five. Any questions or advice I will surley embrace. Thanks in advance.
3/11/23
Week 8 of veg. Today I renew the nutes in my reservoir. I have decided to go with high fertagation and water 2 times a day. Today I flipped to 12/12. Plants seem to be healthy except for the puffy looking leaves, almost look like they are full of water and im getting some leaf tips clawing downward. Any ideas why the leaves are doing this?

20230311 143534
Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

3/11/23
Week 8 of veg. Today I renew the nutes in my reservoir. I have decided to go with high fertagation and water 2 times a day. Today I flipped to 12/12. Plants seem to be healthy except for the puffy looking leaves, almost look like they are full of water and im getting some leaf tips clawing downward. Any ideas why the leaves are doing this?
I haven’t read your full grow yet but from this one post I’d say over watered.

They are swollen with water. 😂 you had it right. (No watch me read this and find it’s hydro. 😝)

Look foreword to reading.

RudeA

RudeA

Tha
I haven’t read your full grow yet but from this one post I’d say over watered.

They are swollen with water. 😂 you had it right. (No watch me read this and find it’s hydro. 😝)

Look foreword to reading.
Thanks for the info Zen_Seeker.
I went to my grow shop and asked about watering practice in coco. I was originally watering every third or fourth day when the pot got light. I was told I need to water 2-3 times a day and keep the pot saturated. So for the last couple days I been watering 2x a day...no change if anything the condition is a little worse. I also have leaf tips curling down so maybe nitrogen toxicity? How do you correct a nitrogen problem like that?

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

Crap. Your hydro. All I know is most like to keep it damp even to top. And ph is about .5 off of soil settings. Sorry.

@Aqua Man is probably the best to direct you. But at least a dozen other good hydro guess can step up. They just need to see your thread.

I know there is a watering doc I check so probably a hydro guide as well if you do a search. Look for the ones by staff first.

Latest posts

Top Bottom