Gravity fed vs pump for drippers

• Thread starter Cookoo4Coco
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cookoo4Coco

Cookoo4Coco

Any of you guys do Gravity fed drip? I was planning on that origionally but then i realized that the flow rate would change as the res got lower. Now im second guessing myself and considering going with a classic pump/timer setup.

I think gravity feed would be really cool KISS and all. But i also want consistency and precise watering.

how big a change in flow do you guys suspect from the res running low in the gravity feed system? Not really wanting to waste 15gal just to test and im not smart enough to do the math XD

TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

You could put in extra drippers with shutoffs and as the level went down open up the shutoffs.

TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

I like sprinklers better but you can only use one per 1/4" line or they won't function properly, and you couldn't do gravity fed.

Cookoo4Coco

Cookoo4Coco

I like sprinklers better but you can only use one per 1/4" line or they won't function properly, and you couldn't do gravity fed.

I think what im calling "drippers" might actually be considered sprinklers? its a little yellow stake with a stop to plug in 1/4tubing and it sprays in in little circle

I got to do some testing first but im thinking about doing the gravity feed but adding in a flow restrictor from an old RO system to even out my flow regardless of how full or empty the rez is.

Cookoo4Coco

Cookoo4Coco

I got to do some testing first but im thinking about doing the gravity feed but adding in a flow restrictor from an old RO system to even out my flow regardless of how full or empty the rez is.

Just wanted to update incase someone finds this later in a search. The flow restrictor did not work for gravity feed. It seems to need more pressure to function properly.

Top Bottom