gray water

• Thread starter dorjewright
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dorjewright

dorjewright

I've done multiple searches on multiple sites. I can't believe I'm the only one interested in this topic especially here in NorthCal. I researching compatible gardening soaps and their effects on cannabis. Oasis and Bio Pak are advertised as compatible. But not much out there.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Soap nuts are another one. We're on an engineered septic system, so everything remains on-site. We would need to do a bit of RE-engineering in order to recover most of our gray water. I have information on the subject stored somewhere, have to do some searching.

M

mendel

Grey water is fine if proper care it taken to only use safe soaps and cleaners, but id cut it 50/50 with fresh water to dilute it, just to be sure.

dorjewright

dorjewright

mendel that was my thought too. wonder if there is a bacteria that will help digest the soap and bits of food stuff. I do intend to have a primary catchment to seperate any food particles and then use the overflow. seamaiden I'll check out soap nuts. Thanks.

T

treetree

my washing machine flows right out into the garden the girls seem to love it ...i try to use old school detergent that still has Phosphorus if its good for algae blooms its good for you plants it also works as a surfactant and helps leach exess sodium out of the soil .. I still have to water once or twice a week but it seems to work good ill try to get a pic up this week

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
My folks used to have their washing machine flowing right out into the garden and it killed all the avocados my grandfather planted (and those were the kind they grow in Puerto Rico).

I just found this on soapnut trees that I hadn't seen through my last search:

One way to reduce total gray water effluent is to stop peeing in the toilet. Using that to feed plants (1:5-1:50 have been reported as effective dilution ratios), assuming no bladder infection, Rx drugs such as birth control pills... I don't have to worry about you guys being on BC pills, do I?
(Aw man, not this shit again!) :giggle

Latest posts

Top Bottom