Grease Monkey (Pacific Seeds) and Punch Breath (bagseed)

• Thread starter Nate_in_AK
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

I'm told the Punch Breath overheated during flower due to a failed air conditioner. The bud was amazing, but had random seeds. If both Punch Breath are male, I may let it pollenate the Grease Monkey. There's only a 25% chance they'll both be male, in theory, but if so I have this idea to name the crossbreed "Donkey Kong". This came from thinking about Monkey Punch or Punch Monkey. Maybe stupid.

Here's the baby pictures
Grease monkey pacific seeds and punch breath bagseed

PB (left and right) popped on August 7th, GM (center) came up with the shell stuck on it's head and didn't open until the 11th.

Growing in Miracle Grow Organic because I'm not a dirt snob (yet?) 😎

They are about 36" below the Vipraspectra P2000 that is turned down to about 30% intensity.

I'm figuring 75-80% humidity until they span the top of the solo cups, then I'll drop the light to 24", start turning the intensity up, and back the humidity down to 60-65%.

They will be transplanted into 3 or 5 gallon fabric pots in a few weeks.

Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

Quick photo journal update, nothing exciting to report.
Light is now @ 75% approx 30" above the soil.

Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

Root-bound already:

I'm a little short on soil, but ultimately too lazy to make a special trip to make up that little difference. I'm never using this Miracle Grow stuff again anyway.

Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

Grease Monkey:

I'm pretty sure she's flowering. Thanks for sending the wrong seeds PACIFIC SEED BANK!! I specifically requested photoperiods. Grrr.

PUNCH BREATH: One of the plants is stretching like mad, I had to tie it down.

The other one is smaller, but I seem to have missed taking a dedicated shot.
Here's one of the lineup, the smaller Punch Breath on the far left. (the one drowning in overflow, oops, now resolved)
They look a bit rough as a result of my Shrek handed LST-that-is-probably-HST technique. They'll be fine in a few hours.

I reduced the photoperiod to 16 hours of light based on observed drooping in late evenings. Did some math on DLI and it appears my light is too close (18-20") for 18/6. I chose to reduce the light period based on anecdotal reports that maintaining higher light intensity results in a stronger plant with bigger blooms.

Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

Update:

Grease Monkey full on flower mode...

... so I went ahead an flipped to 12/12 on September 19th. It's going to be crowded. It's hard to believe the left and right plants are the same strain, in the same soil, under the same light, getting the same nutrients.

Kookydook.

Feeding GH Flora @ Aggressive schedule.

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Update:
View attachment 1171555

Grease Monkey full on flower mode...
View attachment 1171557

... so I went ahead an flipped to 12/12 on September 19th. It's going to be crowded. It's hard to believe the left and right plants are the same strain, in the same soil, under the same light, getting the same nutrients.

Kookydook.

Feeding GH Flora @ Aggressive schedule.
Really wanted the Exotic genetics grease monkey and seen pacific seed bank has it but I wonder how similar/different it is. I got some seeds I got from them about to go into flower. Sunset sherbert, purple kush, and white widow. All look super healthy and I can’t wait to see them flower! Looking good man!

Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

I am not proud of this mess, but they are all growing strong.
I continue to follow the "Aggressive Feed" schedule for Flora nutrients, now mixing in a large spoon (1-2 TBSP) of blackstrap molasses as well.
The Punch Breath on the right is super lanky, growing up into the light and needing water every 2-3 days.
Grease Monkey auto is so short I had to put her up on a bowl to get her closer to the light.

Grease Monkey is growing nice looking colas. I so wish it were not an auto.

Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

Well, I dropped the ball on updating this.

Harvest:

"Grease Monkey"
(definitely NOT what this is)
Dry trimmed weight about 2.5oz, with bud density that ended up mediocre.
The real shit-show here is that this is very obviously some strain of hemp or high CBD/low THC. I'm convinced that Pacific Seed Bank sent me the wrong seeds entirely, not just autos in place of photos.
On the upside, the taste and aroma is nice enough and I enjoy hemp flower sometimes.

Punch Breach:
Dry trimmed weight just shy of 8oz, with amazing bud density which seemed to make trimming significantly less work. In fairness, my son-in-law did most of the trimming. This one is still curing, but I've been sampling and it seems to be coming along nicely.

I'm really happy with the way the Punch Breath turned out. I'm certain the plant could have yielded more if I had been more aggressive with canopy management... but that hemp plant was cramping our style too. The big win for me is seeing first hand what an EPIC difference genetics plays in the final product; it gives me a different appreciation for the concept of keeping a "mother" plant.

I have more Punch Breath seeds...

Next grow, I'm going back to hydro.

Top Bottom