Great tool for gardeners and guerilla growers

• Thread starter nashobaTHC
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
nashobaTHC

nashobaTHC

Just wanted to make you aware of a small 12-volt pump I’ve had for about 10 years that was designed for pumping water from small diameter wells. I now use it for pumping water with or without nutrients (or terp teas) from my 5-gallon container to my 6 plants. Pumps roughly 2 gallons/minute and makes watering and feeding soooo easy. One really neat thing was using it at a guerilla grow I ran in the same spot for 3 years. The grow was in heavy brush in a rural area but was only 50 ft from a lightly travelled road and small pull-off parking area. In mid spring when local plants started to leaf out I prepped the grow site with dug hole and bagged organic soil mix. Then I ran a 50-ft dark green garden hose from plant site to within 5 ft of parking area and covered hose with dirt, downed branches and local woods debris. A couple weeks later I planted my starter girl. To water and feed, all I had to do was park, open rear door to access the 5-gallon jug on my car floor and pump away for no more than 2-3 minutes. I was able to water every 1-2 weeks during 3 summers and never had a plant fail or get caught. Visited my plants 3-4 times between planting and harvest so I made no tracks or trails. Best part is you’re not limited to 50 ft….you could pump through a hose hundreds of feet from your pump area because the pump pushes water in the hose…it’s not limited to suction head (usually about 15 ft for small pump). So consider adding a small pump to your grow equipment. You’ll be glad you did.

Great tool for gardeners and guerilla growers
Great tool for gardeners and guerilla growers 2
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Great idea. Got the GPS coordinates of this grow so we can check it out? j/k

TomH

TomH

Yeah!
I've been toying around in my head about doing this here at my grow.

Awesome information.

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

Just wanted to make you aware of a small 12-volt pump I’ve had for about 10 years that was designed for pumping water from small diameter wells. I now use it for pumping water with or without nutrients (or terp teas) from my 5-gallon container to my 6 plants. Pumps roughly 2 gallons/minute and makes watering and feeding soooo easy. One really neat thing was using it at a guerilla grow I ran in the same spot for 3 years. The grow was in heavy brush in a rural area but was only 50 ft from a lightly travelled road and small pull-off parking area. In mid spring when local plants started to leaf out I prepped the grow site with dug hole and bagged organic soil mix. Then I ran a 50-ft dark green garden hose from plant site to within 5 ft of parking area and covered hose with dirt, downed branches and local woods debris. A couple weeks later I planted my starter girl. To water and feed, all I had to do was park, open rear door to access the 5-gallon jug on my car floor and pump away for no more than 2-3 minutes. I was able to water every 1-2 weeks during 3 summers and never had a plant fail or get caught. Visited my plants 3-4 times between planting and harvest so I made no tracks or trails. Best part is you’re not limited to 50 ft….you could pump through a hose hundreds of feet from your pump area because the pump pushes water in the hose…it’s not limited to suction head (usually about 15 ft for small pump). So consider adding a small pump to your grow equipment. You’ll be glad you did.
Dude the last reply I just made, less than 5 minutes ago was kinda complaining about the fluid transfer pump I have to use for watering. I sit there and pump by hand and it takes me about 10 minutes to do both plants. Do you have a link or the products name? Unless I missed it in there.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Dude the last reply I just made, less than 5 minutes ago was kinda complaining about the fluid transfer pump I have to use for watering. I sit there and pump by hand and it takes me about 10 minutes to do both plants. Do you have a link or the products name? Unless I missed it in there.
Go on Ebay or Amazon. Those transfer pumps are handy. They can be found in both 12 volt DC and 120v AC versions and depending on what you decide on, most are pretty reasonably priced.

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

Go on Ebay or Amazon. Those transfer pumps are handy. They can be found in both 12 volt DC and 120v AC versions and depending on what you decide on, most are pretty reasonably priced.
Could I convert this to a wall plug?
Hanperal DC 12V 5L Transfer Pump Extractor Oil Fluid Scavenge Suction Vacuum https://a.co/d/3R8NvhU

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

It's technically do-able but might not make sense if you can replace it for $14.99. You would need a converter that converts 120v AC to 12 volts DC. and know how to wire it up. If you have an old desktop computer power supply unit, you can use the 12 volt rail from it to drive your pump. Wiring these are pretty simple and there's a bunch of DIY tutorials using old server PSU's but its not something that everyone is comfortable with.

At $14.99 I would replace the pump.

Latest posts

Top Bottom