• Thread starter Mr. Greenthum
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Mr. Greenthum

Great ways to increase yield!!!

Here are some tips and techniques to help u start working toward HUGE yields
:character0029:
1. Lighting : To help out in the lighting department try a Light Track. This will help with eliminating those shaded areas and allow for more uniform growth and development with your marijuana plants. You can now cover twice the growing coverage with the same light. The price will set you back $100-$500 dollars depending on the model you chose.

2. Method of Growing: I would use some form of Hydroponics. I feel hydroponics is far better then growing in soil because you can give your plants the maximum levels of nutrients possible to gain higher yields at a faster rate.(Precise control of your nutrients is Key) I use a Ebb and Flow hydroponic system and get Killer results. You can buy a Ebb and Flow system for around $250 dollars or you can check out this video on How to build your own ebb n flow system for under $50 dollars.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4k4OC4KPFsg

3. Adding CO2: Growth rates can be increased dramatically if the CO2 level is near 1500 ppm, which is “Ideal” for marijuana plants.(my opinion) The air outside is around 300 ppm, at 2000 your plants can burn, and at 4,900 ppm death will be coming. (Plants Burn) 5000 ppm (Death) CO2 is quickly used around a marijuana leaf and needs to be replaced every few minutes for a rapid growth. With having all the ideal factors of your temp, ventilation, circulation, and a air-tight grow room you can expect gains around 30% and I have heard of up to 50%. CO2 can set you back an easy $200-$500 dollars to get started.

TECHNIQUES

1. Topping your plant. Topping your plant allows your plant to grow out not up. Without topping your plant u will get 1 main bud called a COLA. Some people love to not top their plant because they feel all the flavor isn't split into different buds its all channeled into one main bud. Topping your plants is supposed to turn one cola into 4 colas creating a bigger yield. I always have topped my plants and have never had a problem. I could definitely tell a difference in the yield.

Topping the plant means to remove its primary growing shoot. The plant then redirects its energy to the next two closest shoots which become primary shoots.
How, when and where to top are also matters of ongoing debate. Ultimately, it becomes a personal decision of the grower, based upon his own experiences and goals. I always top when i can count up 4 nodes (Leaf sets).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvSH75E-f9k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1tfvrN8Wt8&feature=related

2. Super cropping is a great way to increase yield with topping and without topping your plant.The greatest thing about super cropping is that it can be don''t multiple times during vegetative growth and causes little if any growth disruption... i would stop super cropping a few days before switching to flowering though.. to allow the plant to recover fully for flower...
Pick the spot to super crop.. Ideally you want 3 to 5 node sets before starting.. start in between the top two nodes...To begin with... As the super cropping works and more and more branches appear at the top of the plant you can do more and more branches... Between your thumb and pointer finger you want to gently crush the stem... Yes that is an oxymoron of sorts... the main thing is you don't want to sever the plant when doing this.. So care should be taken... You will feel the stem give way when done....
once the stem is soft bend it over so it lays flat... if when you go to bend it the stem is still stiff just simply work the stem between your fingers to soften it more... it should bend easily when done.. if there are small vertical tears in the stem it will be ok... nothing on the plant will die.. just do the best you can to not break the stems!!now let the plant go.. over the next few days the top will begin to upright itself.. over time you will notice the lower growth growing upwards more and more... The more you super crop during vegetative growth more the results will be!! The more tops you have the more tops you can do.its important to remember that super cropping will cause your plants to be quite bushy... in smaller places this can be a problem.. just take that into consideration as you are super cropping...

now i have yet to over super crop a plant.. i have counted up to 35 tops on one plant before i stopped counting... so don't be afraid your plant will suffer.. yes, it does cause some stress.. but relatively little.. as long as the stems aren't breaking or tops are getting torn off the plant will be just fine...

3. LST (Low Stress Training) This is a good way to start increasing your yield if u don't quite trust yourself with topping or super cropping your plants.The key to LST is to create a horizontal plane of buds so that they all get the same light and grow at the same rate. You end up with a bush of many colas instead of the traditional Christmas tree bud plant with one main cola.

There are many ways to LST using steaks, chicken wire screens are common, many other I probably don't know about. Makes sure if u tie down your plant you loop the knot LOOSELY around the branch and its not cutting off the food supply to that branch. And when u make your first tie makes sure your stock (the main stem on the plant) is secure and isn't leaning.

Tie the main growth tip down so that the plant will release hormones that cause all the other growth tips to start functioning like the main cola. This way gives the ability to tie shade leaves out of the way to get more direct light to the bud sites.

If anyone can add anything feel free. I hope this info helps you guys out.

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

Again I didnt really read all of it but first of all 700ppm co2 wont really do a whole lot.Ther are some good ideas there.

G

Genius Genetics

The darkening technique works great for outdoors in sort to mid season climates

realy utillises the sun when its at its strongest for AWESOME yields

instead of your plants flowering near or at the end of the year when the sun is weaker
you force them to flower early to mid summer when the sun is at its best

Peace GG

Top Bottom