Great White Mycorrhizae

• Thread starter dorjewright
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dorjewright

dorjewright

Would this make a better foliar spray for Botrytis than the usual tea mixes which don't seem to be working very well?

Blaze

Blaze

Myco's form symbiotic relationships with the plant's roots. Spraying it as a foliar will have no effect. However if I remember right Great White has more than myco's in it.

Do a Google search for UC Davis and Botrytis - they have some good info on there how to deal with it.

M

mrbong73

Probably not. It's more of a root zone product.

edit: Blaze beat me to it. lol

jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
I have not got to try it yet but Nitrozime sounds pretty badass for foliar feeding. Check out Motherlode's latest test thread.. some good info in it for this topic.

symbiote420

symbiote420

I have not got to try it yet but Nitrozime sounds pretty badass for foliar feeding. Check out Motherlode's latest test thread.. some good info in it for this topic.

Nitrozyme is the shit!! I have foliar fed from veg to week 3 of flower with it. I have even heard of people using it all the way through flower as well. It cost a little more but it's more concentrated, a little goes a long way.

jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
i have to pick some up.. all i hear is good things..:)

Blaze

Blaze

Agreed, the Nitrozyme is one of the few hydro products I still use. It's good shit but pricey. Seaweed does have anti-botrytis properties as well.

jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
Agreed, the Nitrozyme is one of the few hydro products I still use. It's good shit but pricey. Seaweed does have anti-botrytis properties as well.

So it should be fine using kelp and Nitrozyme in conjunction then right? I wasnt sure if that was a bit of overkill or not.

A

AliasAO

I agree, I just picked up some Nitrozime two days ago and SPrayed yesterday.. Check my log in a few days if you want a true testimonoial because I had some skinny spaghetti noondle stems and few cosmetics for the leaf skin.

From what I hear I should see a big change in few days hear. Nothing noticable yet. They are right tho quite Pricey-- About $40 for a pretty small sized bottle. But the shit is almost thich as syrup and you only need about 1tsp per liter so it should last.

Hey Blaze do you have any recommendations for a good simple Myco nutes regimen?

Ive got a few sprouts that will be transplanted soon and Im looking to start them off with some good Mycos and water so I can condition the medium and start the food web right.

Blaze

Blaze

I've just been using the Mykos from Xtreme gardening the last two years. From what I saw it works just as well as the Great White and the other Myco products I've tried but costs a lot less.

I mix it in with my seed starting/potting soil mix when I transplant my rooted clones and seedlings so they get inoculated ASAP. I also mix in in with my main soil prep too, right before the clones and seedlings get transplanted for a secondary application.

Anyway I think that's about as simple as you can get. One product, applied two or three times times during the plants life, that's it. So long as you don't knock back your soil biology with heavy chem ferts or something like that, the Myco's should not need any additional applications once they form symbiotic relationships with the plants. From there on out hey get their food from the plant roots so you shouldn't really have to "feed" them directly.

A

AliasAO

I've just been using the Mykos from Xtreme gardening the last two years. From what I saw it works just as well as the Great White and the other Myco products I've tried but costs a lot less.

I mix it in with my seed starting/potting soil mix when I transplant my rooted clones and seedlings so they get inoculated ASAP. I also mix in in with my main soil prep too, right before the clones and seedlings get transplanted for a secondary application.

Anyway I think that's about as simple as you can get. One product, applied two or three times times during the plants life, that's it. So long as you don't knock back your soil biology with heavy chem ferts or something like that, the Myco's should not need any additional applications once they form symbiotic relationships with the plants. From there on out hey get their food from the plant roots so you shouldn't really have to "feed" them directly.

Xtreme gardeing im assuming is ordered online?

And your saying you MIX the Myco powder with the acutal medium before you transplant (1) clones or seedlings then another application when (2) you transplant to their permanent homes?

Do you every water with Myco?

And If im using a Coco based medium -soiless will the mycos still stick around and be relevant in my root zones? Id assume that I would still need to apply low level Nutes every once in a while Since i am dealing with mainly coco right?

Thanx B for the good simple Info--

AO

Blaze

Blaze

Actually the Mykos has become fairly common product, at least in my area. It was originally developed for growing giant pumpkins, so a lot of veggie gardeners use it as well. I can pick it up at several of my local hardware stores and nurseries. If you can't find it locally, then yes, you can order it online.

And yes, I mix the mykos into the medium before I transplant, and then again when they go into their permanent homes. I have watered with mycos as well. If for some reason I think I need another application I will toss some of it my ACT. If you do this be sure you get the "water soluble" version of the Mykos, not the "granular" version, which is what I use for my soil mixes. Also do not brew with mycos - add them at the end of the brew once it is finished.

As far as the coco think goes... I'm not really sure how that would work. I've never used it in coco so I cannot comment with any certainty, but I would think it would work. So long as you have healthy plant roots for the mycos to make their home on, I don't see why they wouldn't colonize the roots and work their magic.

I would guess that you are correct in that you would need to still apply low levels of nutes when using the coco as well, since coco itself does not have much NPK value. I wonder if you could just top dress with coco too? That is how I do my soil grows - most additional NPK inputs are top dressed and then ACT is applied to break it all down.

I think the only way you will find out is if you get a scope and do some side by side runs! ACT and coco is not a common combination from what I have seen. I can only think of one person off the top of my head that used ACT in coco, and they just started doing it recently. From what they told me so far though, it worked really well!

S

sfzoo

You can find Xtreme products at most hydro shops. They're definitely worth it.

I'm tryin out the calcarb and azos as well .

Mixing with the media is a very good idea, as is dusting the rootball at xplant. You can water w/ the soluble formula, but I called and asked and they said that the granules is going to be a more robust innoculation. The water soluble product loses some effectiveness due to the pulverization of the granules.

I'm in a coco based medium and use it w/ great results. I run pretty hot, around 1000ppm, w/ no ill effect.

Blaze

Blaze

Mixing with the media is a very good idea, as is dusting the rootball at xplant. You can water w/ the soluble formula, but I called and asked and they said that the granules is going to be a more robust innoculation. The water soluble product loses some effectiveness due to the pulverization of the granules.

I'm in a coco based medium and use it w/ great results. I run pretty hot, around 1000ppm, w/ no ill effect.

Good to know! So the powder is just ground up granules? Shoot, I could just make it myself with a coffee grinder then.....

A

AliasAO

Actually the Mykos has become fairly common product, at least in my area. It was originally developed for growing giant pumpkins, so a lot of veggie gardeners use it as well. I can pick it up at several of my local hardware stores and nurseries. If you can't find it locally, then yes, you can order it online.

And yes, I mix the mykos into the medium before I transplant, and then again when they go into their permanent homes. I have watered with mycos as well. If for some reason I think I need another application I will toss some of it my ACT. If you do this be sure you get the "water soluble" version of the Mykos, not the "granular" version, which is what I use for my soil mixes. Also do not brew with mycos - add them at the end of the brew once it is finished.

As far as the coco think goes... I'm not really sure how that would work. I've never used it in coco so I cannot comment with any certainty, but I would think it would work. So long as you have healthy plant roots for the mycos to make their home on, I don't see why they wouldn't colonize the roots and work their magic.

I would guess that you are correct in that you would need to still apply low levels of nutes when using the coco as well, since coco itself does not have much NPK value. I wonder if you could just top dress with coco too? That is how I do my soil grows - most additional NPK inputs are top dressed and then ACT is applied to break it all down.

I think the only way you will find out is if you get a scope and do some side by side runs! ACT and coco is not a common combination from what I have seen. I can only think of one person off the top of my head that used ACT in coco, and they just started doing it recently. From what they told me so far though, it worked really well!

Good to know! So the powder is just ground up granules? Shoot, I could just make it myself with a coffee grinder then.....

Thanx for the breakdown Blaze and Sfzoo, Funny enough, you had no personal exp with Coco but all of your assumptions were on the money, which SfZoo co-signed too.

Im going to head to home Depot today.

Im assuming both of yall would Recommend me going with the non soluble chunks to mix in w/ Coco?

I kno there may b a chance that there are many xtreme Products so whats the Exact product name that I need to get?

Yo Zoo whats your application rate when you mix the Myco in with your Coco Base? Do you ever Top dress like Blaze was detailing above ^^^^?
?
That does seem Super Hot at 1000 ppms. I Just picked up a PPm meter, so Ill get a better understanding of exactly how my ladies are eating.

What Ph do you maintain when feeding your CoCo ladies?

Blaze this may seem like a obvious answer but what does ACT stand for?

Thanx again for the Schoolin' fellas.

--AO

S

sfzoo

I recommend the granule, and so does the manufacturer. The reason they make the water soluble product is simply to fulfill a demand. They don't prefer it. They as gardeners use the granules, and that was enough for me.

Check their website, plenty of info. Their products grow champion produce.

Application rate, I don't remember. It was something like 2 big bags of Mykos to one bail of coco...idk. I definitely recommend checking the website, email or call them. I've called them a bunch of times and they are always friendly and helpful. Answer every one of your questions.

The top dressing that Blaze is talkin about is for NPK supplementation to his soil mix. Not Mykos. You need to have root contact for mykos to be effective. Thus, the media mix and the xplant application. You can use the water soluble product to mix w/ nutes, but as mentioned, it isn't as good as the granules.

pH = 5.8 - 5.7 and 5.9 i'll leave it, but i try for 5.8.

i'm interested in ACTs as well, been seein it mentioned but haven't found any confirmation on what it is. I assume its a beneficial bacterial brew. IDK.

phenotyper

phenotyper

ACT is an aerated compost tea. It basically gets the beneficials up and running by brewing compost with molasses (or other food source for bacteria and fungi), increasing their population, and watering them into the soil. Mycorrhizae are just one part of the soil foodweb stew.

I have used granules and water soluable. My only issue with granules is that sometimes I need to drench with insecticides that totally destroy the population (or so I think). The GW soluable gives me a chance to put them back in the mix.

Anyone ever try to top dress the crown with mycorrhizae and then water a compost tea over that? Just did that for the first time last night because I am running low on GW and I have a bunch of BioAg VAM sitting around.

A

AliasAO

I recommend the granule, and so does the manufacturer. The reason they make the water soluble product is simply to fulfill a demand. They don't prefer it. They as gardeners use the granules, and that was enough for me.

Check their website, plenty of info. Their products grow champion produce.

Application rate, I don't remember. It was something like 2 big bags of Mykos to one bail of coco...idk. I definitely recommend checking the website, email or call them. I've called them a bunch of times and they are always friendly and helpful. Answer every one of your questions.

The top dressing that Blaze is talkin about is for NPK supplementation to his soil mix. Not Mykos. You need to have root contact for mykos to be effective. Thus, the media mix and the xplant application. You can use the water soluble product to mix w/ nutes, but as mentioned, it isn't as good as the granules.

pH = 5.8 - 5.7 and 5.9 i'll leave it, but i try for 5.8.

i'm interested in ACTs as well, been seein it mentioned but haven't found any confirmation on what it is. I assume its a beneficial bacterial brew. IDK.

Gotcha.. Im giving them a call now to see the application rate.

If im using this Brand which isnt just Pure coco should I still aim to maintain a 5.8 Ph in your opinion :
http://royalgoldcoco.com/basement-mix

Which says that its a coco fiber based soil-less grow meduim that contains:

coco fiber, hummus, compost ,, perlite, earth worm, fish bone,bat guano, kelp meal, alfalfa meal and silica ect..

Top Bottom