Great White Mycorrhizae

• Thread starter dorjewright
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

AliasAO

ACT is an aerated compost tea. It basically gets the beneficials up and running by brewing compost with molasses (or other food source for bacteria and fungi), increasing their population, and watering them into the soil. Mycorrhizae are just one part of the soil foodweb stew.

I have used granules and water soluable. My only issue with granules is that sometimes I need to drench with insecticides that totally destroy the population (or so I think). The GW soluable gives me a chance to put them back in the mix.

Anyone ever try to top dress the crown with mycorrhizae and then water a compost tea over that? Just did that for the first time last night because I am running low on GW and I have a bunch of BioAg VAM sitting around.

thanx for sdropping in Phenotyper...Which water soluable do you feed and how often?

what is BioAg VAM? is it good? Do u supplement nutes as well?

phenotyper

phenotyper

BioAg VAM, CytoPlus and FulPower can be found here:

I don't have a side by side with Great White, but I have used both products. I use supplemental organic nutes in the form of teas, as well as some botanicare organic products.

Usually I only innoculate the soil upon transplant. But as I said, in order to keep the root aphids away, I've had to resort to some chems that don't make the soil biology as happy. I try to water and foliar with a compost/nutrient tea at least once a week to restore the little beasties.

Blaze

Blaze

BioAg makes some good stuff too, I used to use their bottled microbes before I got a tea brewer. As far as the application rate for the Mykos just follow the instructions on the bag. The full name of the product I use is "Xtreme Gardening Mykos Pure Mycorrhizal Inoculant."

AliasAO - if you are interested in using ACT I would highly recommend you do a little reading and research first. Understanding the principals behind the use of ACT and the soil food web is really important in my opinion, especially if you are going to be "off the beaten path" so to speak with your use of it in coco. There is a LOT of bad info on how to brew ACT on these cannabis websites. ACT is a very complex subject and having an idea of how it all works can help to differentiate between good and bad info on the subject.

I would recommend you pick up a copy of "Teaming with Microbes: The Organic Gardener's Guide to the Soil Food Web" by Jeff Lowenfels and Wayne Lewis. It is a good general over view of the soil food web and how it works and is well worth the $15-$20 it usually sells for.

Meanwhile here is some free info to check out, from Soil Food Web Inc:

Also there are some GREAT threads here recently about the ACT if you look around. Do a search for "CT Guy" and take a look at some of his threads and posts, he has shared some great info and knowledge over the last few months.

phenotyper

phenotyper

Agreed, CT Guy, Guano, MrBong and UP have shared some amazing information. We also have an organic tea recipe thread going as well which you should check out if interested.

A

AliasAO

BioAg VAM, CytoPlus and FulPower can be found here:

I don't have a side by side with Great White, but I have used both products. I use supplemental organic nutes in the form of teas, as well as some botanicare organic products.

Usually I only innoculate the soil upon transplant. But as I said, in order to keep the root aphids away, I've had to resort to some chems that don't make the soil biology as happy. I try to water and foliar with a compost/nutrient tea at least once a week to restore the little beasties.

BioAg makes some good stuff too, I used to use their bottled microbes before I got a tea brewer. As far as the application rate for the Mykos just follow the instructions on the bag. The full name of the product I use is "Xtreme Gardening Mykos Pure Mycorrhizal Inoculant."

AliasAO - if you are interested in using ACT I would highly recommend you do a little reading and research first. Understanding the principals behind the use of ACT and the soil food web is really important in my opinion, especially if you are going to be "off the beaten path" so to speak with your use of it in coco. There is a LOT of bad info on how to brew ACT on these cannabis websites. ACT is a very complex subject and having an idea of how it all works can help to differentiate between good and bad info on the subject.

I would recommend you pick up a copy of "Teaming with Microbes: The Organic Gardener's Guide to the Soil Food Web" by Jeff Lowenfels and Wayne Lewis. It is a good general over view of the soil food web and how it works and is well worth the $15-$20 it usually sells for.

Meanwhile here is some free info to check out, from Soil Food Web Inc:

Also there are some GREAT threads here recently about the ACT if you look around. Do a search for "CT Guy" and take a look at some of his threads and posts, he has shared some great info and knowledge over the last few months.

Agreed, CT Guy, Guano, and UP have shared some amazing information. We also have an organic tea recipe thread going as well which you should check out if interested.

Awesome info guys..

Blaze- I should have remembered that about ACT... After I responded I had a weird feeling I should Kno thats. So i checked in my mail box and remembered that we had a LOOOONG conversation months ago here via PM.

You broke it all down for me... haha.. I did subscribe to one thread regarding it, but ill def take your recommendation along with Phenos and take a look at Ct and few others.

After consideration...

Im planning on picking up the "Xtreme Gardening Mykos Pure Mycorrhizal Inoculant." and will be using that with all future transplants .

im also going to purchase a pack of the water soluable Mycos so i can water my ladies who are already a few weeks into Veg.

Bc I figure better late then never with the Mycos and im sure you guys would agree.

Blaze

Blaze

Awesome info guys..

Blaze- I should have remembered that about ACT... After I responded I had a weird feeling I should Kno thats. So i checked in my mail box and remembered that we had a LOOOONG conversation months ago here via PM.

Oh yeah.... LoL... We aren't stoners now are we? :bong-hits:

A

AliasAO

Oh yeah.... LoL... We aren't stoners now are we? :bong-hits:

Haha. Id like to attribute it to the many great educational conversations we hve here on the farm. not the fact that the short term memory is SHIT.

I ended up grabbing the Myco both the Mix in granulated and I grabbed Plant Success Water soluble.

I mixed 4 nice sized plastic cups of the Myco inoculation and Coco. Then I made a 1/8' hole, placed more Myco inoculation in it then I plants the seedling with the root end down. Spray watered them bitches.. and im hoping they pop there heads out soon.

How long do they tipically take to break once theyve been transplanted?

Blaze

Blaze

Usually within a couple days if conditions are right but it could take as long as a week. Depends on temps, the seeds, and doing it directly in your growing medium usually adds a bit of time too. I mostly crack mine in paper towels then transplant them into the soil once the tap root is established. Doing it that way I generally get my seeds to pop within 24-72 hrs. This is faster than germinating directly in a medium in my experience, but you gotta be REALLY careful not to snap off that little tap root when you plant it.

I'm gonna go take another bong rip now hehe....

A

AliasAO

Usually within a couple days if conditions are right but it could take as long as a week. Depends on temps, the seeds, and doing it directly in your growing medium usually adds a bit of time too. I mostly crack mine in paper towels then transplant them into the soil once the tap root is established. Doing it that way I generally get my seeds to pop within 24-72 hrs. This is faster than germinating directly in a medium in my experience, but you gotta be REALLY careful not to snap off that little tap root when you plant it.

I'm gonna go take another bong rip now hehe....

Damn you Blaze.. I was about to take my ass to sleep. But im gonna have to take a cheers rip as well.

FIRE IN THE HOLE.

Thats exactly the germ method I used. Check my 7.28 Log. I used the paper towel, a heat pad under the cutting tray that I placed them and got them to pop in less than 1 1/2 days. Crazy 100% germ rate on my first ever attempt.

Im a little nervous because today when I was in the middle of the transplant from towel to soil my landlord came by so I had to wait for about an hour and the lil sprouts dryed out a bit while sitting on the dried towel. I sprayed them down before I transplanted they seems fine. But ooo shit is it difficult planting those little seeds with the root down and seed up. that root is unforgiving.

Blaze

Blaze

Very unforgiving! They dry out fast too I always mist mine w/ a spray bottle when I have them unwrapped and I'm working with them.

A

AliasAO

Very unforgiving! They dry out fast too I always mist mine w/ a spray bottle when I have them unwrapped and I'm working with them.

Yea man, my poor sprouts dried out for about an Hr before they got the mist and transplant. Im hoping the Mycos I mixed in with the coco supercharged that little tap root a tad. If not TOUGH lesson learned.

K

kes5480

The only product i use 2 folar feed is Green Magic by house and garden. other than that i dont folar feed and even with the green magic I only use it when the plant needs it. just my 2 cents as I am still a noob so idk if this helps any. peace oh yeah and i use it for my clones while i wait 4 roots 2 pop. and never more than 1 or 2 times a week...:banana1sv6:

another_sellout

another_sellout

What do you mean by saying that the normal teas don't work? Have you tried an aerated compost tea? If you haven't, try this one. You can even add Great White to it.
Dig this:
In a five gallon bucket, combine-
5 gallons of dechlorinated water
2 cups of worm castings
4 tablespoons unsulphured molasses
4 teaspoons kelp meal -or- 1 teaspoon soluble sea weed
4 teaspoons fish emulsion
Aerate with AT LEAST 10 liters per minute of air for 12 hours.
Filter through a doubled up pair of panty hose.
Apply as regular foliar spray, using remaining tea to water and innoculate root structure.
Best of luck!

W

WannaBeGreenThumbz

I know this is a old post but anyone else googlin and pulling up this thread here's some good factual based science not "bro science" DO NOT let some of these guys lie too you with their bro science always based your opinions on scientific facts, simple research shows that myco DEFINETLY works via foliar spraying and as a matter of fact foliar feeding is 20x faster nutrient uptake than through the roots, cheers my friend

"Another of the most useful foliar feeds is the application of live beneficial products like Mycorhizal fungus (Plant Success Soluble, or Great White) or General Hydroponics Flora Blend with all of it's live microbes (or use your own homemade worm casting or guano tea)."

Last edited:
Top Bottom