Green Caterpillars eating my buds

• Thread starter the new guy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
joeca1i

joeca1i

Netting,so moths stay out.They also piss and shit on your buds...You can also give lite diluted dose of pure neem oil.1 drop per 8oz. water,to the plant,and on the leaves.You should do this before flower,it suppose too kill the appetite of larvae.Check out ebay,they got good deals on pure homemade neemoil.

T

the new guy

I had the same problems a month ago ago. The caterpillars pretty much ate all my best looking buds. I used Monterey Garden Insect Spray (Spinosad) this shit worked like a champ! As of now in the last couple days I've seen some Caterpillar activity, but for a solid three weeks my plants had no activity from caterpillars. As far as I know, the Monterey Garden insects spray is organic. Go to the link below to get more information about the product..

http://www.ghorganics.com/MontereyGardenSpraySpinosad.html

Reactions: Me3
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Every. Two. Weeks. (Unless the agent is deactivated before that)
Or if all else fails....
Jesus Christ, they're charging on a square foot, not linear foot basis? Jesus Christ!

C

CowBoy420

What do you do if you have to spray just about every other day??? If I go 3+ days without spraying, they attack viciously. It rained where I am yesterday. Today I went out to spray my plants and noticed that 2 main colas were gone. Caterpillars ate right through the main stem.

I have the Safer BT spray and it seems like a losing battle. I hand pick about 10 babies off each day and spray just about every other day. If I see a dead bud, I'll tear it apart till I find the sucker that did the damage. Once per week, I'll really soak the plants in the spray. I even double the concentrate of the spray mix.

Im getting so angry with these things that I torture them when I find em and kill them as slowly as possible.
Anyone who's having caterpillar probes get the bt worm killer and lady bugs an put them on ur plants at nite so they know it's their hme n won't fly away but lady bugs will kill every bug spider caterpillar anything that's not good for ur girls I just tryd this an wit in 2 day all my caterpillars are gone. Also use coco wet wit the bt killer it helps make the bt stick to ur pla t where u don't have to spray as much also never spray them during the day ONLY AT NITE.

E

Elite Nugs

Jesus Christ, they're charging on a square foot, not linear foot basis? Jesus Christ!

LoL. Its a commercial website... so they charge an arm and a leg for everything. It was the only place I could find big greenhouse screen.

Rushoe

Rushoe

Spinosad from the home depot 16 bucks a bottle its worked for me I had some worms or what ever they are that looked just like that two apps back to back for me did the trick....And some off my plants are in week 6/7 of flower outside as well...that BT stuff everyone keeps talking about must work bomb to....Good luck

hempster333

hempster333

the bug hunter

you let moths and butterflys lay eggs ther is no one shot cure if they are flowering put on the rubber gloves and start looking for damage then pull the bud away gently and take a good look. you will find a lot of them they suck the stems and kill buds cut out the places where there are eggs they are round little things good luck i lost half my grow because my partner was to lazy and cheap to cover the plants, i build stealth greenhouses custom to fit your back yard or an open space with good sunlight good luck LOVE & LIGHT

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Just think how much THC must be in one of those little worms....

any one dare me to eat one...or two?

I sprayed and continue to spray Hard once a week..
.alternating between BT and spinosad
Safer caterpillar (bt) say's it can be used every 3 days...
and I read that Spinosad is only effective for 24 hours

:sign0065:

I think the goverment let loose a bunch of frigging weed eating moths!!

E

Elite Nugs

Just think how much THC must be in one of those little worms....

any one dare me to eat one...or two?

I sprayed and continue to spray Hard once a week..
.alternating between BT and spinosad
Safer caterpillar (bt) say's it can be used every 3 days...
and I read that Spinosad is only effective for 24 hours

:sign0065:

I think the goverment let loose a bunch of frigging weed eating moths!!

Just make sure to boil the caterpillar between 180-220 degrees for a few hours first, so you can activate the THC in the caterpillars. Then cover it in chocolate and you got yourself a nice little snack. I DARE YOU!!! lol

I use the Safer Caterpillar Killer (BT) every other day. Im starting to cycle in some Azamax.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Just make sure to boil the caterpillar between 180-220 degrees for a few hours first, so you can activate the THC in the caterpillars. Then cover it in chocolate and you got yourself a nice little snack. I DARE YOU!!! lol

I use the Safer Caterpillar Killer (BT) every other day. Im starting to cycle in some Azamax.

lol...found a nice one too
I was beating the bud on the table...shaking out poop and this guy fell out

169319d1315746222t-trich-pics-20-amber-maybe-harvestworm.jpg.att

that guy is chock full of THC!

only two buds have had a worm in them so far.
But I know there could be some inside with no signs yet :sweating

I was spraying once a week....gonna switch too every 3 days

It was too late to spray these...the worms are deep and the buds are dense

I think the buds will turn reds as they dry (one already has)

Harvest9 10
T

tricomb

Fuuuuck I'm havin the same problem...they got about a oz.of buds from me so far...gunna grab some spray tomarrow, the Safer brand...but I jus pulled out 6 more lil guys today...luckily they only hit my sourgrape plant...no signs yet on the on the other 17 plants...praying its only on that one plant!

M

MydnyteToker

Here's a pic I snapped the morning after spotting the egg cases on this leaf. Easy to see how quickly the problem can get away from us. Very important to not only look for adult cats but look under the leaves to find eggs. I sprayed all plants with BT and it appears the problem is under control at the moment. But I am heading over to Natures Control to get some beneficial bugs to get the ones I can't see.
cat_larvae_sm.jpg

Me3

Me3

These nasty little worm are also known as cutter worms! Gggrrr I madequate a solution of grapefruit seed extract & tea tree. Sprayed my plant down. I've been checking every day & nothing has shown up. .. but this not before I lost my biggest plant... so bummed.
I've been studying they say they're in the dirt... next year I will be much more on top of it.

M

missroxy

I had some really nice looking buds a couple weeks ago. I came home to find all my tops of my buds were Dying off. I quickly started to spray my plants with mighty wash. As I was spraying them I noticed little green caterpillars eating the base of my buds. The caterpillars are about a quarter-inch to half inch in size. I immediately plucked all the caterpillars off that I could find. I have sprayed them with mighty wash and also with hand soap. These caterpillars have ate half my plants, and there are only about 2 feet big in the flowering stage. (outdoor plants)

Does anybody know what type of caterpillars they are or what I could used to kill these little green caterpillars that is non-toxic/organic? hopefully I can still salvage something off my plans...

please help
The new guy
interplant cabbage since it is the preferred food

SUIGENERIS

SUIGENERIS

I have been digging these little mf'ers out all morning! wow ;little bastards are in damn near every bud. Letting them sit in hot sun on a hot ass table, because I have no where to store them safely. It should reach about 90 degrees in a bit Im sure they love the sun as much as I do.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
I have been digging these little mf'ers out all morning! wow ;little bastards are in damn near every bud. Letting them sit in hot sun on a hot ass table, because I have no where to store them safely. It should reach about 90 degrees in a bit Im sure they love the sun as much as I do.
Ok if you collect the catts up and squash them up and soak the squashed bodies in water let steep over night then strain the liquid and turn it into spray the Catts have a pheromones that when reassessed helps ward off the Butterfly of moth from landing on crops also use some thing white like half egg shells upturned around your crop the moths and butterflies donā€™t like to lay there eggs near other moths & butterflies so it may help moving them on this is a old method my Father taugh me and I use it in my veggie gardens which has some of a benefit to the gardener . Good luck keep your eyes on those critters . Regards OD .

W

whitewedding

I know this might sound crazy but what if you a had a green house would that help? And, does having walls and a roof affect taste since no real wind but you get the humidity they revel, thrive in, they'd rather have humid. Or do you get danker buds going true outdoors and combating all of the elements Nature throws at you. From experience, greenhouse taste like greenhouse which is meh and outdoor wasn't indoor or greenhouse. I want the benefits (dankness) of indoor with the power of the Sun from outdoors. Combine both, gimmie dat.

Latest posts

Top Bottom