Green Crack in-de 4x4 Tent

• Thread starter Dustytrails
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dustytrails

Dustytrails

Hello All,
Starting a new grow in the the 4x4 this spring. I failed last winter with a sad GOOBERRY grow, the spider mites attacked in the late stages to a point that the entire grow went to the dumps, Sadness. I started that last grow without the sage advice I've found here in the last 4 months.
There's so much great info here for indoor newbies like myself.

The basics; KIND X420 lights(@ 50% on Veg 14" canopy) Temps/RH stable at 78 degrees under light and 70 at nightime, RH constant @ 65-69 %, automatic watering (presently 20 seconds every 3 days) 9" Halo watering rings.

So today I'm underway but NOT with Coconut Coir, but with Promix HP as my base soil in 10 gallon containers. I've started this grow using many of the BuildASoil and RootWise nutrients/supplements/minerals, which so far looks quite promising.

BuildASoil products; BB+ Beauveria-Bassiana plus, Wettable Sulfur, Aloe Vera powered flakes, Plantspeaker Saponin extract, Big-6 Micronutrients. RootWise products; Bio-catalyst Enzyme elixir, Microbe Complete, Bio-Phos bloom support in the future.

I popped these beans 32 days ago, they were slow to start, but got 'em in the ground 2.5 weeks ago today, now they seemed to acclimated to their surroundings and just showing signs of "taking-off" in their grow.

The one picture was @ 12 days in real soil of all 5 plants, and the second shot is from this morning (2.5 weeks) of one of the happy girls.

BTW, there was an over abundance of Diatomaceous Earth application 🤣

Always keen to hear others thoughts/insights of this grow, as I'm pretty competent in my years of outdoor grows, yet breaking into the indoor scene, is something completely different for me.

Peace
Dusty
Green crack in de 4x4 tent 2
Green crack in de 4x4 tent

P

Paradiced

Looking good. Just be very careful w hm you water. Small plants need time to develop roots and can get waterlogged very easily in large pots. Sounds like you gotta good handle on it though! They look great!

Dustytrails

Dustytrails

Looking good. Just be very careful w hm you water. Small plants need time to develop roots and can get waterlogged very easily in large pots. Sounds like you gotta good handle on it though! They look great!
Thanks ever so kindly.
Yes, the watering is being done carefully. While these girls are babies im checking real closely prior to any watering.
The whole Organic methods is kinda new to me, as my outdoor grow normally gets fed non-organic nutrients.

Yet I feel pretty positive about my little Green Crack babies, and using the RootWise & BuildASoil products may produce a nice crop of medicine.

With my last indoor grow I had some issues, mostly mother-nature wreaking havoc with multiple power outages in the dead of winter up in the Sierra's, as my tent was in a unheated sideroom. Today we have a automatic generator backup to keep my girls a lot more happier.

I'll post weekly photos, as they are really starting to settle in and taking off in the growth department.

Dustytrails

Dustytrails

Hi all,
Happy Monday, Today these little girls are at 3.5 weeks since they popped into the soil. While slow to start I'm just starting to see some "better" growth.

In the past few years I've been a "Clone" kind of grower and this time in popping seeds and their somewhat slow start was a bit of a reality check, lol...

Today was the first feeding of Rootwise Mycrobe Complete, and their Bio-Catalyst Enzyme Elixwer, and BuidASoil Big-6 and Beauveria Bassiana since these girls were transplanted.
My Kind X420 lights are now on 100% full power in the vegetative mode as of today
IMG 7080 Small
IMG 7079 Small
IMG 7078 Small

With the 10 gallon containers watering is once a week, presently.

IMG 7081 Small
Dustytrails

Dustytrails

Well 41 days as of today from popping.
Ok, as previously stated I have only bought clones for the last few years (easy supply) for me. And I've been an outside grow kind of guy for many years.
This "hopefully" will be a successful endeavor, as my first indoor grow last winter was one to forget.

What I'm finding somewhat surprising is the super thick undergrowth i'm seeing here on these babies. The Kind X420 lights are on 100% veg with 13" canopy also everything else temps/RH stable 75 degrees / 68% RH.
I've been using un-adjusted H2O, normal tap water for me 6.8-7.0 PH (mountain water)

Hoping to see some stretching soon!

IMG 7098 Medium

IMG 7099 Medium

IMG 7097 Medium

Dustytrails

Dustytrails

5/9/22, 45 Days in
Well the girls all got a bit of a trim around the edges. Started to notice some better/real growth to them yesterday so today they got the scissors.
Still not overly impressed on their growth rate though, maybe soon??
IMG 7114 2 Medium

IMG 7115 2 Medium

P

Paradiced

What did you feel you had to trim off? Generally at the early stages to provide them with their full potential you really want to limit any pruning to dead, diseased or dying. Even if it will expose lower nodes to more light, the plant needs a certain amount of sun catchers to make the food for those nodes to utilize that light. When they're really tight and compact like yours are, after a bit of time they're going to stretch out and areas that previously not receiving light will then become exposed to it.
Be patient regarding the growth rate. It's not hydro or coco etc. Organic soils will benefit the plants in their own way. Super fast growth maybe inherent w hydro but organics provide their own equally enticing blessings on your plants.
I say all this not at all because I think I know everything but because your plants they have a beautiful green color and from the pictures everything looks right. From here it looks like everything is clicking! They will take off soon enough hang in there and keep doing whatever it is you're doing! 👍

P

Paradiced

And I assume you're still on the wet dry watering cycle. Don't water until they are undoubtedly dry and ready. Then you know that your providing the roots with the oxygen and the water they need to thrive.

Dustytrails

Dustytrails

What did you feel you had to trim off? Generally at the early stages to provide them with their full potential you really want to limit any pruning to dead, diseased or dying. Even if it will expose lower nodes to more light, the plant needs a certain amount of sun catchers to make the food for those nodes to utilize that light. When they're really tight and compact like yours are, after a bit of time they're going to stretch out and areas that previously not receiving light will then become exposed to it.
Be patient regarding the growth rate. It's not hydro or coco etc. Organic soils will benefit the plants in their own way. Super fast growth maybe inherent w hydro but organics provide their own equally enticing blessings on your plants.
I say all this not at all because I think I know everything but because your plants they have a beautiful green color and from the pictures everything looks right. From here it looks like everything is clicking! They will take off soon enough hang in there and keep doing whatever it is you're doing! 👍
Hey there Paradiced,
Thanks so much for your insight. Yes, I trimmed bout 4-6 big fan leaves from each plant that were as big as my extra large hands and some tiny leaves at the very bottom. I pinched about 10 days ago, which looks great. I'm done for a while with trimming for sure. In hindsight I should have held off on trimming for a few more weeks.

I am super pleased in the color and vitality of these little girls, quite the departure from my last indoor endeavours.
Also running this grow on the Organic side of life is actually less weekly work with the Nutes, presently every 2 weeks a "little shot in the arm" of goodies.

This tent, like many has the 3 rectangle shaped vents at the bottom, with velcro to "close the flap". I installed 3 rectangle shaped filters and attached velcro to the perimeter of them. They adhere easily and securely. This way ANY air entering the tent is somewhat filtered, and keeping the tent room very clean so bugs stay out! Even though I have a few different Organic gentle pesticides.

These pics are of this morning

IMG 7121 2 Medium

IMG 7120 2 Medium

IMG 7119 2 Medium

IMG 7118 2 Medium
IMG 7121 2 Medium

FlyinEagle

FlyinEagle

Looking good👌🏽
I remember Green Crack in Peterborough tasted just like vanilla ice cream. 2017 era. Ive had some recently and tasted nothing like it used to unfortunately.

Dustytrails

Dustytrails

Lol 😆 I should have updated this.
After that heavy pruning I did to them, in conjunction with environment issues in my tent, I moved them outside.

Today they’re over 6’ tall elsewhere and starting flower 🌲🌲🌲🌲this summer has provided lots of sunshine 🌞

Latest posts

Top Bottom