• Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
You called me back in to troll. No one else seems to be arguing with me but you. Shame you can’t admit when you are wrong like I did yesterday.

And plants don’t respond to the light reflected off the moon is the whole point. The point that negates your opinion about it. Humans see from moonlight because we have amazingly sensitive vision.

And titan makes indoor gardening controllers. They are quite popular. Think they didn’t research the green led display before selling it to photoperiod controlling gardeners? Maybe they consulted science?

Reread any of your upset ego filled posts. You get the response you ask me for.

You’re really getting on my nerves. You don’t have the right to call any one a troll here. Go do your research you may be suprised to find out it is perfectly achieveable to grow lettuce under green lights. Don’t care which company does what. Don’t care what you’ve been doing and what you’ve been getting away with.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Good god you guys, it’s just a green freakin bulb...............mellow out smoke a J!!

I really want to be sarcastic here since now it’s about the moon and all encompassing science but I digress.....

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Back to topic, which is a green light in your flower room at night!! Head lamp or flashlight?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

You’re really getting on my nerves. You don’t have the right to call any one a troll here. Go do your research you may be suprised to find out it is perfectly achieveable to grow lettuce under green lights. Don’t care which company does what.

Never said plants don’t use green light. Don’t think you could grow under only green wavelengths though. But I don’t know. Look up the university of Michigan discreet led testing. They are testing every wavelength to devise specific crop lighting in the future.

However,

Lettuce is not a photoperiod plant. Which is what we are discussing. You are a troll.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Back to topic, which is a green light in your flower room at night!! Head lamp or flashlight?

Party or twisty bulb with low wattage mounted away from directly illuminating the plants in my opinion.

And bonus. In the green light you can easily see deficiencies, bug damage and unfortunately nanners easily.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
I’m not gonna feed the troll. Have a nice life.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Photoperiodism is irrelevant on this case. Thats just how it flowers. You’re the troll.

It’s the topic at hand. Is the green light safe to work under or will it trigger the plants negatively?

You are way off on a tangent. Anyone can see.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
It’s the topic at hand. Is the green light safe to work under or will it trigger the plants negatively?

You are way off on a tangent. Anyone can see.

Yeah cause a green cfl only emits pure green (they all emit different nms except leds maybe). Don’t really care what people can see, i don’t have a fragile ego like yours, don’t keep thinking what people think of me.

3 balls

3 balls

Like 10 or 12 bucks at the hydro store. One of those things that if it had a fancy name brand on it and cost $50 I would feel more comfortable with it.

GetAttachmentThumbnail

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Like 10 or 12 bucks at the hydro store. One of those things that if it had a fancy name brand on it and cost $50 I would feel more comfortable with it.

GetAttachmentThumbnail

See I wouldn’t point that bright thing directly at my plants. I would be worried I would stress them.

The grower I said had problems had a bright green led right over the plants.

3 balls

3 balls

See I wouldn’t point that bright thing directly at my plants. I would be worried I would stress them.

The grower I said had problems had a bright green led right over the plants.
Yes, even on the lowest setting it is bright. I hate putting new batteries in it.

I also have one of these sold by Hawthorne GC (formerly Sunlight Supply). Nowhere on anything I can find do they get into the technical aspect of these products. Goes back to the whole (it's okay to use a green light). At this point more than anything I'm curious if every one of these products is manufactured and used based on flawed science.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yes, even on the lowest setting it is bright. I hate putting new batteries in it.

I also have one of these sold by Hawthorne GC (formerly Sunlight Supply). Nowhere on anything I can find do they get into the technical aspect of these products. Goes back to the whole (it's okay to use a green light). At this point more than anything I'm curious if every one of these products is manufactured and used based on flawed science.

I never heard of a grower having any problems. But some plants get stress issues easier than others.

I don’t know how the grower I am referring to had grown his plants. Maybe stressed plants are more sensitive to the green light?

They have proven that plants are in fact utilizing the green wavelengths but as far as I have read green is not photosensitive so it should not cause reversal or reveg. But I guess it’s still an assumption.

You are right about the companies selling whatever due to popular demand. But Hawthorne is a distributor.

I quoted titan who manufactures product. I hope they want to stay in business and care not to hurt my plants. Lol.

3 balls

3 balls

I never heard of a grower having any problems. But some plants get stress issues easier than others.

I don’t know how the grower I am referring to had grown his plants. Maybe stressed plants are more sensitive to the green light?

They have proven that plants are in fact utilizing the green wavelengths but as far as I have read green is not photosensitive so it should not cause reversal or reveg. But I guess it’s still an assumption.

You are right about the companies selling whatever due to popular demand. But Hawthorne is a distributor.

I quoted titan who manufactures product. I hope they want to stay in business and care not to hurt my plants. Lol.
I tried to understand https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3357375/ that @Homesteader cited but it didn't really take. I'm going to count on his wisdom and use my green led headlamp but literally wrap a few layers of green saran wrap across the lens. If nothing else it should dull down the intensity.

Side note, I'm pretty sure Hawthorne is buying up a lot of companies and will one day compete with Brawndo.

madgrower

madgrower

I tried to understand https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3357375/ that @Homesteader cited but it didn't really take. I'm going to count on his wisdom and use my green led headlamp but literally wrap a few layers of green saran wrap across the lens. If nothing else it should dull down the intensity.

Side note, I'm pretty sure Hawthorne is buying up a lot of companies and will one day compete with Brawndo.
I’m using a green painted 4foot floressent for a year now just when I have to. No problems

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

@CrimsonEcho is no longer staff after his outbursts in this thread, we will not tolerate attitudes like this.

I am sorry if I fueled this event. I did not mean to argue. He got to me after a while.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
@CrimsonEcho is no longer staff after his outbursts in this thread, we will not tolerate attitudes like this.

Good call man, this moderating thing is just too damn time consuming and i just can’t walk away sometimes :)

Freshone

Freshone

Good call man, this moderating thing is just too damn time consuming and i just can’t walk away sometimes :)
We wont forget you man,We will always point to your posts as how not to grow weed or be a moderator,best of luck to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom