Green house , 8th week flowering, overwatered

• Thread starter Benjamin1111
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Benjamin1111

Benjamin1111

Hi everyone ! It’s a pleasure and privilege to be here with you . I am new in to Growing and this forum helped me feel more knowledgeable and confident within my daily decisions. I’ve found many helpful answers and advices here! I am following the threads from few months ago and every single time I learn something new and important. I also read online materials and books , but your advices from your own experiences , are really helping me a lot. I am writing today to join the forum to ask for help with an issue that I am experiencing at the moment. My plants are at the beginning of the 8th week of flowering ( green house ) and unfortunately due family emergency , someone else watered the plants ( 20lbs bags) and they overwatered most of them. Today was the 4th day , waiting for them to dry out …but still not a success. My worry is that after tomorrow we will have two rainy days and I don’t know how to help my beautiful plants. I would truly appreciate any advices. Thank you in advance !

noturgenre

noturgenre

This crop I'm just finishing harvesting, three of the plants got drowned for a few hours. I have 2'x4' pans separating the floor of my grow, with 3 plants on each side. I'd layed my watering hose in there and the hose leaked filling one of the pans about an inch. It took over a week for the plants to show any growth at all and two of them were visibly stunted,12 full inches shorter than the others after the stretch. The third, it's the one I'm waiting on now. It's still growing and is bigger now than its sisters. I'm still feeding her so it'll be a while yet. She's getting darker purple and bigger every day. I really can't say from that experience what you may go thru with your girls. Your soil, its drainage properties, and the current habitat all will play a role as well as the strain. I didn't water for a while after that happened, I waited till they looked like they needed it, rather than keep my schedule. The stunted Purple dream will put even a hardened smoker like me straight to bed. It's potent, but I only got 4 and a half ounces from those two plants. The buds are 1/8th the size of the rest of the grow easily. That strain was a monster and brilliant blue last time, everything else after the mishap went perfectly. Some strains will recover, some will do better and some will do worse. I propped those little ones up on buckets to elevate them to the rest of the grow btw. I'm new here too so hello and welcome. hope this might help a little or at least ease some concern.

Last edited:
Benjamin1111

Benjamin1111

This crop I'm just finishing harvesting, three of the plants got drowned for a few hours. I have 2'x4' pans separating the floor of my grow, with 3 plants on each side. I'd layed my watering hose in there and the hose leaked filling one of the pans about an inch. It took over a week for the plants to show any growth at all and two of them were visibly stunted,12 full inches shorter than the others after the stretch. The third, it's the one I'm waiting on now. It's still growing and is bigger now than its sisters. I'm still feeding her so it'll be a while yet. She's getting darker purple and bigger every day. I really can't say from that experience what you may go thru with your girls. Your soil, its drainage properties, and the current habitat all will play a role as well as the strain. I didn't water for a while after that happened, I waited till they looked like they needed it, rather than keep my schedule. The stunted Purple dream will put even a hardened smoker like me straight to bed. It's potent, but I only got 4 and a half ounces from those two plants. The buds are 1/8th the size of the rest of the grow easily. That strain was a monster and brilliant blue last time, everything else after the mishap went perfectly

. Some strains will recover, some will do better and some will do worse. I propped those little ones up on buckets to elevate them to the rest of the grow btw. I'm new here too so hello and welcome. hope this might help a little or at least ease some concern.

Hi Noturgenre
Thank you for your reply and for sharing your experience with me. I ended up harvesting all of them ( after waiting fir a week for them to dry out) , but in different days , depending on their condition and % of amber color . I was observing them with the magnifying glass every morning and late afternoon. Now my ladies are in the drying room !! Unfortunately some of them had root rot due the overwatering and their color changed to light brown. Even some parts of the stem were light brown color. Happy growing to you and may the Magic be with you !! Sending positive energy to all of the ladies that all of us grow!

Top Bottom