Green house color coated fems,reallly males?

• Thread starter burnalot420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MightyStoner

It is difficult to pick up subtleties of language with text. Sorry for the confusion,Patriot.

Patriot

Patriot

No worries man. Keep in touch and look at my finishing products although the next ones will look better, i hope. No harm made, sometimes words are missunderstood and Wam BAng......i think it got blown out of proportion....i would never rob anything

It is difficult to pick up subtleties of language with text. Sorry for the confusion,Patriot.

A

anavarroma

damn bad news...

Damn I can't believe i didnt read this thread earlier!! I ordered 2 color coded feminized 5 packs from seedboutique, the Indica Mix H and the Sativa Mix i am gonna freak if they all turn hermie or male. The packaging was nice but i did expect larger seeds, the cheese in the Indica H mix was extremely small and didnt even germinate, very dissapointing to say the least. I will never purchase from GHS again!! that just fucks up my day...

peace out

rural hick

rural hick

where did their white widow (GHSC) come from? i thought they were the first. i am so glad i did not go thru them.
.. but then again i am not to happy with the 10 white widow and 5 mazar afghans from marijuana seeds nl. 2 MA sprouted and stalled, been 2 weeks, yet the tip of the sprout is not dried out. and the dang thing was still in it's shell-2weeks. i went digging for them..same with 2 ww but dug them out and now them 2 are above ground and green. someone told me i may not have what i was told i bought, and i kinda was perplexed and asked what was my odds of this and he said about 90% fraud. and bought a Tony Bennett CD.

B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
where did their white widow (GHSC) come from? i thought they were the first. i am so glad i did not go thru them.
.. but then again i am not to happy with the 10 white widow and 5 mazar afghans from marijuana seeds nl. 2 MA sprouted and stalled, been 2 weeks, yet the tip of the sprout is not dried out. and the dang thing was still in it's shell-2weeks. i went digging for them..same with 2 ww but dug them out and now them 2 are above ground and green. someone told me i may not have what i was told i bought, and i kinda was perplexed and asked what was my odds of this and he said about 90% fraud. and bought a Tony Bennett CD.

yea man, ghsc is a complete ripoff all thanx to arjan,but yea the white widow and mostly all of the genetics that he has worked with were originally the work of shantibaba(someone correct me if i'm wrong,i think i remem.lol), but yea anyway he is a fraud and however he managed to fuck that up i do not kno, but i am wondering if anyone who has dealt with the reg seeds that aren't death/dick coated are as bad ie horrible germ rat and mal/hermie if it does pop.lol really pathetic:(

A

azmatis

all my times using ghs has turned out hermie also, i thought it was because of a light leak. az

B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
used to when.oh you mean when arjan wasn't in charge.lol

D

Dubsta

Yeah fuck those color coated ones, i had that same mix from greenhouse and i had 2 males out of the 5 pack and the trainwreck and cheese were shitty and the trainwreck hermied. it was cheap though and i had them off to the side so it was more of a waste of time. My other budy got them from doc chronic to got his with no problems and loved his cheese and trainwreck so who knows.

Don't buy there gear anymore anyone unless u feel like taking that chance of getting shit gear witch is most of it. I did cause it was so damn cheap and wasted my time.

S

sunsimulator

Could it be a super male

Here is what some ppl do not know about fem.. or S1 seeds which IMHO is the same thing.

breeding these plant can cause what is known as a SUPER MALE,, Mm , or MM ,, making s1 and s2 and s3 generations can produce super males!

maybe this is what happened,,

B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
yea, cause whatever they are doing, they ain't using a tru female, cause there is no fu@#in way that out of a 10 pack of supposed females ALL where either MALE or HERMI...lol there is no way aroung it.The company is shi!T, and if they weren't and wern't really only in it for the money, then they would step up and respond to all this spread all over the net. but no arjan will jus sit back and collect while all the poor souls who don't kno better yet just get suckered. The farm is where it's at.ghsc sucks. Peace Burn

convex

convex

Here is what some ppl do not know about fem.. or S1 seeds which IMHO is the same thing.

breeding these plant can cause what is known as a SUPER MALE,, Mm , or MM ,, making s1 and s2 and s3 generations can produce super males!

maybe this is what happened,,

Can you elaborate on Super male?
I have never heard this term before.

Cheers

S

sunsimulator

Can you elaborate on Super male?
I have never heard this term before.

Cheers

well it is used by breeders to make better producing plants ,, but when done by pollen chunkers that do not knoiw there making a super male it could be bad! causing plants to produce all male offspring! or making a (((Aneuploidy)))
which is a plant with more than normal chromosomes .
comes from bxing s1 plants ,, or going into generations with s1 plants ,, or it can be done in a common breeding project if the breeder isn;t aware of whats going on ,,

Im sure ppl are venturing into this path and not even aware of it!

DO a lil study about super males ,, u will find main studies with asparagus plants !

convex

convex

Found this in the asparagus study mentioned ...
()

The obtainment of super male plant (MM) and all male variety breeding by the theory of Sneep (1955)

(1)Obtaining seeds from bisexual flowers in male plant (Mm) by self pollination(S1)
Mm x Mm = MM + 2Mm + mm (MM ratio is 1/4 of S1)

(2)Sex determination of S1
The pollens of S1 male plant are cross pollinated with female plant (F1, Female x S1)
mm x MM = Mm, mm x Mm = Mm + mm

S1 plant whose F1 are only male is proved as super male plant (MM)

--------------------------------

I am far from understanding genetics at this level, but the following statement has me infering that the selfed plant was indeed hermaphroditic to begin with:

(1)Obtaining seeds from bisexual flowers in male plant (Mm) by self pollination(S1)

Someone please correct me if I am misunderstanding this theory.

Cheers

G

Gene Bean

Just my 2 cents

Not mentioning any names, but I have grown out feminized seed from 3 different companies. Curious about them like eveyone else. I personally have not seen one single male stamen but I am locked in with my environment and my plants get stressed little if at all. Feminized seed is very suseptible to environmental conditions and should not be recommended unless you have several successful grows under your belt in the same location and are sure of your environment. It really doesn't matter what seed company they come from. In fact without knowing whether a company stressed a large population of females in various ways looking for one that they could not force to herm without chemical intervention (known as an 'XX female') to make selfed seed from you are shooting in the dark commiting your grow to these type seeds. Also I gotta mention that hermaphrodite plants are monoecious not dioecious (which means to have male and female flowers on 2 (or different plants..dio=2, mono=1).

It sucks that so many ppl have wasted thier time and space thinking they were ultimately saving time by using feminized seed. The advertisments and extra money they cost sure lead you to believe you are getting a better product which is what is bad. No truth in how unstable they can be and that they shouldn't be recommended as a 'cure-all' for the novice or space limited gardener. Sorry to ramble and I DO NOT mean to come off as a 'know it all' type (please please do not think that! I just want to offer another perspective) or insinuate that anyone that had issues with femmed seed is a novice. When I decided to be a breeder years ago I read everything (2 or 3 times, lol) I could get my hands on about cannabis growing, breeding ect...and I still look for new info because I want to do it right. Anyway its good to know that Logic is willing to do what he feels is necessary to foster not only the relationship between plant and farmer but also site and user, and he stepped up to cover someone elses (obviously) rushed to market product even...very nice indeed.

It seems some folks in the big time are more interested in the quantity of strains in thier catalog but not so much the quality...sad really...oh well!

Happy Pharming! :smiley_joint:
GB

S

sunsimulator

Found this in the asparagus study mentioned ...
()

The obtainment of super male plant (MM) and all male variety breeding by the theory of Sneep (1955)

Mm x Mm = MM + 2Mm + mm (MM ratio is 1/4 of S1)

(2)Sex determination of S1
The pollens of S1 male plant are cross pollinated with female plant (F1, Female x S1)
mm x MM = Mm, mm x Mm = Mm + mm

S1 plant whose F1 are only male is proved as super male plant (MM)

--------------------------------

I am far from understanding genetics at this level, but the following statement has me infering that the selfed plant was indeed hermaphroditic to begin with:

Someone please correct me if I am misunderstanding this theory.

Cheers

you are correct ,, and this is from ANY SELFING be it ,, from chemical induced ,, improper feeding ,, ,, any undue stress , or genetically a inter-sexing plant,

S1 pollen is What is sayes ,, selfed no matter how u get it to self it is still self pollen !

AIN"T THIS A BITCH LOL ,,

but on the other hand can be a very good way to work on certain things ,, u'd def have to be able to control something like this for it to be useful in our field !

S

sunsimulator

HEY bro i want to thank you!!!

i have given much info on the sites ,, and I will say your one of the first ,, to go look up and study or at least find the info ,, , I THANK YOU SIR!!!!

YOU"LL NEVER KNOW YOUR LIMIT IF YOU DON"T GO TO THE EDGE! :bubblez:

convex

convex

LOL - I did look it up at first mention, but alas the web is full of human supermale syndrome, wasn't until you mentioned asparagus that I found what I needed - thanks again ;)

Cheers

Latest posts

Top Bottom