Green light for dark period

• Thread starter FarmerGreene
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FarmerGreene

FarmerGreene

Good morning all! I have recently had a change in work schedule that makes it impossible to check on my flowering ladies during their daytime. Can anyone suggest a good green light? Thank you in advance and happy gardens to you all!!

E9noxis

E9noxis

Screenshot 20220208 193337 Amazon Shopping
Screenshot 20220208 193224 Amazon Shopping

Mazeblue1

Mazeblue1

This is the one I have, and I’ve had it for getting close to two years now with no problems.
I like it because it swivels and pivots so I can direct the light where I want it.
I have green lightbulbs also but I’m getting ready to remodel my grow area and I have not used them yet.

E0C91331 9BBA 43F7 808B 8F6B89A947CE
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

E9noxis

E9noxis

Too much fancy talk. Plants can't see green lights, no?

Mazeblue1

Mazeblue1

All I can go by is my experiences now I’m not sitting there running the green light all night for some odd reason?
But, if I miss my lights out and I need to go in and check some things out for a few minutes I do and can’t see any harm whatsoever..
Then again, it’s impossible to know everything about everything and you can get 500 different Answers the longer you look.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

All I can go by is my experiences now I’m not sitting there running the green light all night for some odd reason?
But, if I miss my lights out and I need to go in and check some things out for a few minutes I do and can’t see any harm whatsoever..
Then again, it’s impossible to know everything about everything and you can get 500 different Answers the longer you look.
And here is my point - you might as well use full spectrum for that so you can actually see the plants and diagnose issues, because green light is no better for sleeping plants.

Mazeblue1

Mazeblue1

And here is my point - you might as well use full spectrum for that so you can actually see the plants and diagnose issues, because green light is no better for sleeping plants.
I do not diagnose issues after lights off but I may have to tamper with humidity settings or temperature controls but I don’t care what anybody says after dark if I have to go in there I’m using a green light

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I do not diagnose issues after lights off but I may have to tamper with humidity settings or temperature controls but I don’t care what anybody says after dark if I have to go in there I’m using a green light
Cool.

Disinformation is a real problem on the internet. A big part of my staff requirement here is to combat disinformation. If you choose to ignore the experts and people who have actually run peer reviewed trials / papers, thats your call. But for others that see this in the future, please understand you are wasting money buying specifically marketed green headlamps.

Mazeblue1

Mazeblue1

Cool.

Disinformation is a real problem on the internet. A big part of my staff requirement here is to combat disinformation. If you choose to ignore the experts and people who have actually run peer reviewed trials / papers, thats your call. But for others that see this in the future, please understand you are wasting money buying specifically marketed green headlamps.
I agree, that is why everything I read I take with a grain of salt and as I stated before in my own experience…
I was responding to a fellow grower who asked what kind of green light I used.
If I don’t see any adverse effects in all my experiences Then I am not spreading disinformation.
Do you think I would really keep using something that was harming my grows?

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I agree, that is why everything I read I take with a grain of salt and as I stated before in my own experience…
I was responding to a fellow grower who asked what kind of green light I used.
If I don’t see any adverse effects in all my experiences Then I am not spreading disinformation.
Do you think I would really keep using something that was harming my grows?
There are 2 separate logical fallacies in your last statement. It's clear we will not reach an agreement, so I'm out.

My point remains to others, if you are buying special green lights because a marketing person on a box told you it was night safe for cannabis, you are wasting money. And I'm not really talking to you Mazeblue, you already wasted yours. I'm talking to the next person reading thru here. Just use a flashlight or turn the room lights on.

Mazeblue1

Mazeblue1

There are 2 separate logical fallacies in your last statement. It's clear we will not reach an agreement, so I'm out.

My point remains to others, if you are buying special green lights because a marketing person on a box told you it was night safe for cannabis, you are wasting money. And I'm not really talking to you Mazeblue, you already wasted yours. I'm talking to the next person reading thru here. Just use a flashlight or turn the

My point remains to others, if you are buying special green lights because a marketing person on a box told you it was night safe for cannabis, you are wasting money. And I'm not really talking to you Mazeblue, you already wasted yours. I'm talking to the next person reading thru here. Just use a flashlight or turn the room lights on.
Assuming I bought it because someone told me it was safe for cannabis then I got that info off of the farm..
Where were you then? Could have saved me $20

Kevuk

Kevuk

I always thought this was bro science. Never made sense to me.

Many people claim light leaks and small interruptions to dark make no difference and people blames issues caused by other factors on them.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

bro science.
I should change my tag line to “So why is bro science bad.”

there is so much out there millions have been made off it. I try really really hard to bring real science to cannabis whenever I can and hope to find others out there that like to dig a little deeper with me. Not just about the money but it also increases the love of the plant for me the more I know and truly understand it well enough to explain it.

I actually got schooled by my hero @Aqua Man on this very paper I linked previously. If somebody wants a better explanation of green as it pertains to the above I’ll find the link and post it when I get to a keyboard.

point is don’t dig your heels in on this stuff there is so much real science to learn if you are open to being wrong about your beliefs. That’s all bro science is. Beliefs. We grow better pot without them.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Assuming I bought it because someone told me it was safe for cannabis then I got that info off of the farm..
Where were you then? Could have saved me $20
It’s not unsafe any more than a regular flashlight is. It just doesn’t do anything positive worth spending a penny on.

truth is you need to adjust yourself to the plant not the other way around to be a master grower. Find a way to keep the plants 100% dark at night. Change your grow to make that happen for best results. The $20 would have been better spent on meters for things like RH or whatever you are doing in there at night that can be read remotely.

Dr Bruce Bugbee has a video about the effects of even a single led light on flowering cannabis. Short version is detrimental.

Last edited:
Top Bottom