green moss attacking rockwool

• Thread starter remus442
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

remus442

seedlings are two weeks old. green dots appearing on rockwool, growing together like a fungus. to touch a green residue comes away! ive bought an organic sanitiser for misting, flushed the cubes an replaced tank can anybody recommend any further steps or any products that may help? forby this plants are still healthy and growing well!!

D

Dubsta

It takes a lot to hurt the plant but it will get really nasty looking. like green snot. Cover it with something. I use some of my extra Panda Film and make squares that cover mine, put the white on top of course. You just don't want water in sun light pretty much so it creates that nasty green shit when the RW is soaked.

H

highroller

Premium Member
Supporter
@ remus...anytime you have light and water, algae is pretty much a certainty. Block the light as dubsta and northone suggest.
And, welcome to the Farm buddy.:hi:

R

remus442

thanks guys! there all still sweet looking, healthy an well covered!!!

D

doco

I use as a general water conditioner but found it helps some with algae too.

Hydroguard is a bio-fungicide water treatment that helps suppress and resist damping off diseases. Unlike the use of fungicides alone, it breaks the chronic disease cycle while leaving no toxic residues. Also useful throughout a plants life in hydrogardens such as NFT or Aeroponics. A phenomenal product which will strengthen your clones 'roots and offer your new plants the best chance of survival when transplanted.

Composition: Bacillus subtilis, Paenibacillus polymxa, Bacillus circulans, and Bacillus amyloliquefaciens. The guaranteed analysis is: CFU/Gram 1.7E x10 6

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Bury the cubes inthe rocks so that theyn are not exposed to direct light.

They make cube covers that are 4" or 6" square that does exactly what you want and it will eliminate the algae.

Hydrogurad works but you will get some crazy ph fluctuations right at the beginning when adding.

Tex

Top Bottom